W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sat Radio Antenna needs to be on the trunk lid!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally posted by rgbyhkr
Goody,

Actually, ACC is my local dealer. It's good to see that they are up on the T-Bone install as I really don't want to drill a hole in the trunk. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you for parts plus labor? Thanks again.

Jeff
Don't you love that place, I'm like a kid in a candy store when I'm there.

I can't locate my invoice at the moment but I remeber them telling me "don't tell anyone we did it for this price". I remember checking what some others paid and my cost was inline with theirs, no more and maybe less in some cases. Just ask Aaron or Nash for my deal, ha ha.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally posted by DarkStar
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but doesn't the new E class come standard with Sirius radio....? Why the aftermarket install? //DS
Not standard but pre-wired for Sirius. Charge includes 14 months of service.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Re: Re: Re: Re: you are somewhat correct...

Originally posted by scorchie
I can't find any literature that states all 2004 W211s are prewired. I even looked on MBUSA for the 2004 E500 specifications, and in the stereo, it doesn't mention SIRIUS satellite radio prewiring... so I am not sure ALL the literature states that. Maybe some percentage, none of which I had handy.

Anyhow, even if it is stated, you know that all automobile literature always states "Specifications subject to change." Therefore I think you would have a hard time convincing them to prewire your car. Of course, when you have satellite radio installed, it's not "prewiring"... it is installation. Prewiring only refers to wiring added when the car is built. At installation time, the dealership may choose to wire your car, either free or for some charge.

In all cases, it is "caveat emptor." If a buyer specifically wanted satellite prewiring, he probably should have checked his car before he bought it.

-s-
You are completely correct about the "caveat emptor" my literature about which cars are pre-wired for Sirius radio states "2004 W211."

MB did buy back a whole bunch of W211's for they could not upgrade the cars to have Comand as they had told customers they could.

I bet MB would help a customer who wanted SAT radio but who had a car which was not pre-wired.

I am just happy my 2 04's are pre-wired
Old 05-17-2004, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you are somewhat correct...

Originally posted by CynCarvin32

MB did buy back a whole bunch of W211's for they could not upgrade the cars to have Comand as they had told customers they could.
Yeah, but not all of them. I am going to install COMAND into a 2003 W211 who had been promised COMAND, but didn't receive it.

It's all on a case-by-case basis and I guess my point is that not everyone will be "taken care of" when something is not as they were told. Witness the thread here about the buyers who thought xenon was standard and bixenon was the option... well, yeah, "xenon" bulbs ARE standard... just not HID!

One thing to mention... it's worth a try to move your antenna around before putting it on the trunk. Once the hole is in the trunk, you're committed!

-s-
Old 05-17-2004, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you are somewhat correct...

Originally posted by scorchie
Yeah, but not all of them. I am going to install COMAND into a 2003 W211 who had been promised COMAND, but didn't receive it.

It's all on a case-by-case basis and I guess my point is that not everyone will be "taken care of" when something is not as they were told. Witness the thread here about the buyers who thought xenon was standard and bixenon was the option... well, yeah, "xenon" bulbs ARE standard... just not HID!

One thing to mention... it's worth a try to move your antenna around before putting it on the trunk. Once the hole is in the trunk, you're committed!

-s-
Well you again are correct with your thoughts on cars being bought back. Most of the time calm polite and honest people will get the service they deserve but customers who begging threatening law suites and such tend to be given a hard time. MB will often bend over backwards to help its customers and being reasonable will go a long way!

On the topic of my antenna installation...I would agree with you. Now that the tech did not have time to move it on Saturday Morning, I will test it further and see how it does. I will first take the cover off the antenna, then put the antenna on top of the rear deck, and if those do not work I will paint the antenna with the proper paint and put it on the trunk. I have some work to do between keeping these cars clean.

Thanks for all the insight. I never stopped to think about the type of paint used to paint the antenna! Great idea on your part!

Eric
Old 05-17-2004, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
my response

I started a new thread for my response since this thread was getting a little long.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=70022

Last edited by t-bone; 05-17-2004 at 04:04 AM.