Sponsored by:

Sadly, but True: AMG goes wrong way - No E55 has a chance against an M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: I don't think so!

Originally posted by Ahmed
I have a modded E39 M5 and I get *****-slapped by E55 AMG's on a regular basis!

I am sorry, but that supercharger and quad exhausts sound aswum! Even my Supersprint MAGNUMS dont come any closer to it!

Now imagine that same E55 AMG with a KLEEMAN kompressor! OH MY GOD!

here's my baby!

Who is the guy from Bahrain with the 600bhp supercharged m5?
Old 05-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Re: Sadly, but True: AMG goes wrong way - No E55 has a chance against an M5

Originally posted by max_e55
The sound is poor and the big quad exhaust pipes are just embarassingly for this engine
It's obvious you haven't heard what a borla race muffler and takin out the resonators can do to this beast...
Old 05-25-2004, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Re: I don't think so!

I have a modded E39 M5 and I get *****-slapped by E55 AMG's on a regular basis!

I am sorry, but that supercharger and quad exhausts sound aswum! Even my Supersprint MAGNUMS dont come any closer to it!

Now imagine that same E55 AMG with a KLEEMAN kompressor! OH MY GOD!

here's my baby!

Awesome lookin ride buddy!~!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: I don't think so!

Originally posted by G Unit
His s/n is BlackM5! Killer ride!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:56 PM

Lexus GS 450h
I think it's good competition. BMWs M really were all on their own but AMG not only met them initally but surpassed them with power. I won't say which is better (I would like to owner either) but AMG woke M up some.

I read though, Benz will lose the compressors for larger displacement? Is this true. And BMW will offer compressors as their base and uplevel models are too far behind the M ones and the competition.

Now we have S and RS from Audi. Jag has it's R-types. Lexus will finally make M/AMG competitors in the near future.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:10 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey sicklex,

the rumor is that MB is going to non supercharged larger
displacement engines. even MB has a pretty big gap
between the AMG's and the next level V8 in the non AMG
cars. i kind of wish the 5 litre V8 put out about 50 more
horsepower supposedly the next generation MB's will
have dohc higher reving motors. i have yet to find anything
concrete yet to confirm that though. Lexus should step up and start a high performance version of their cars. one thing about
Lexus though...they seem to move very slow...steady but
slow. my local Lexus dealer told me this week that the new GS is still quite a ways out. i don't understand whats taking them so long. one thing though....with the deals on the
current GS's you can't go wrong. the car still has good appeal.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
from what i've heard, the new DOHC 4 valve/cyl V8's will be smaller displacement (I think 4.3 or 4.5) and pump out ~340-350HP to replace the current 5.0 V8, which has been in production forever :p but the current 5.0 V8 is an excellent one and very durable, it'll last forever with good maintenance
Old 05-27-2004, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 132 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Re: Re: I don't think so!

Originally posted by G Unit
Black M5!

His engine is being rebuilt as we speak! Alot of work is being done to get it up to 700 hp!

We'll post some vids of its awsum power when its all done!
Old 05-27-2004, 09:35 AM
Out Of Control!

Re: Re: Re: I don't think so!

Black M5!

His engine is being rebuilt as we speak! Alot of work is being done to get it up to 700 hp!

Ahmed

So osh finally gave back the parts? What's the finish date on the engine build? Black must really be excited huh?
Old 05-27-2004, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: I don't think so!

Black M5!

Old 05-27-2004, 06:20 PM

'03 BMW M5
JamE5 and Ahmed;
I direct your attention to the M5board. BlackM5 does not as of yet have his car/engine/supercharger. Seem Osh/RMS has been a bad boy. A number of folks with M5's have paid Osh for installing a supercharger (and all the supporting hardware, plumbing, and software) and have discovered that the equipment they paid for is basically gone (in some cases in other folks cars). Even some of their original M5 equipment is missing. BlackM5 did have a 600hp s/c M5 and was looking to go to 700hp or 800hp. Now he is trying to get his car, parts, and money back. You will find about 8 or 9 threads on this subject on the M5board. If you or someone you know was thinking of having any work done at RMS, recommend you read what has happened before doing business with Osh (apparently he is still in business and selling his company's parts and services). A number of folks have lost big money and still do not have their M5's back and/or in running order.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by phinnbill
JamE5 and Ahmed;
I direct your attention to the M5board. BlackM5 does not as of yet have his car/engine/supercharger. Seem Osh/RMS has been a bad boy. A number of folks with M5's have paid Osh for installing a supercharger (and all the supporting hardware, plumbing, and software) and have discovered that the equipment they paid for is basically gone (in some cases in other folks cars). Even some of their original M5 equipment is missing. BlackM5 did have a 600hp s/c M5 and was looking to go to 700hp or 800hp. Now he is trying to get his car, parts, and money back. You will find about 8 or 9 threads on this subject on the M5board. If you or someone you know was thinking of having any work done at RMS, recommend you read what has happened before doing business with Osh (apparently he is still in business and selling his company's parts and services). A number of folks have lost big money and still do not have their M5's back and/or in running order.
What do you mean missing? The company has stolen their cars?
Old 05-27-2004, 08:20 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Originally posted by S55inPA
hey sicklex,

the rumor is that MB is going to non supercharged larger
displacement engines. even MB has a pretty big gap
between the AMG's and the next level V8 in the non AMG
cars. i kind of wish the 5 litre V8 put out about 50 more
horsepower supposedly the next generation MB's will
have dohc higher reving motors. i have yet to find anything
concrete yet to confirm that though. Lexus should step up and start a high performance version of their cars. one thing about
Lexus though...they seem to move very slow...steady but
slow. my local Lexus dealer told me this week that the new GS is still quite a ways out. i don't understand whats taking them so long. one thing though....with the deals on the
current GS's you can't go wrong. the car still has good appeal.
Thanks for the info. Lexus is far behind stock. We HAVE to go outside the factory to get AMG/M speed/handling. Here is only 1 example.
http://www.autoweek.com/search/searc...60607&record=2

I think Lexus is gonna go to hybrids though to increase power and economy. Like the RX 400H, 270hp, 36mpg. The stock RX 330 makes 230hp and 22mpg.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 132 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Originally posted by phinnbill
JamE5 and Ahmed;
you are right.

but the project has been handed over to Bill ( shadowman ) for completion. Th einital upgrade stilll stands, its just that another party will be performing it!
Old 06-05-2004, 09:12 PM

'03 BMW M5
G Unit,
By "missing" I mean that parts of the car are no longer where anyone can find them. These are parts that were on the car that Black M5 sent to RMS and also "new" parts which I assume were paid for by Black M5 but never put in his car. I cannot speak for Black M5, but he and others who sent their cars and money to RMS/Osh do not have their cars in workable condition nor their money back. It also appears that parts that were on the cars sent to RMS /Osh along with new parts for those cars have been found on other folks M5's. All this and more is over on the M5board.

Ahmed,
Based on a post I read today, the person attempting to put BlackM5's car back together still does not have all the parts returned from RMS/Osh. Several legal deadlines have been missed with the next one being 07 June.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Banned

Re: Sadly, but True: AMG goes wrong way - No E55 has a chance against an M5

BMW M5 is pumped with steroids and the E60 MB is just like someone who has natural talent.

So if you think hard work and small muscles are not the same as big muscles and pumped up chemical performance then you have never seen the performance of a true sportsman.

I think the clue here is that HIGH REV = performance ....... I dont think so.