Sponsored by:

E55 Coilover Conversion - Battery Dies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e63
E55 Coilover Conversion - Battery Dies

Ever since I switched over to BC Coilovers last month, my battery keeps dying every 2nd day without charging. I switched out the battery and still, absolutely nothing if i try to fire it up after sitting for a day.

Do I need to somehow disengage the airmatic system? is this causing my battery problem? Thanks for any help
Old 05-10-2018, 08:33 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
W210 DRFT BNZ
Originally Posted by bruinguy083
Ever since I switched over to BC Coilovers last month, my battery keeps dying every 2nd day without charging. I switched out the battery and still, absolutely nothing if i try to fire it up after sitting for a day.

Do I need to somehow disengage the airmatic system? is this causing my battery problem? Thanks for any help
No such issues here.

I removed the Airmatic fuse as well as the pump. Car displays a 'too low' warning at startup, that's it.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:11 AM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by bruinguy083

pump is probably running. Pull relay for pump and unplug module.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:23 AM

Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
CLS55
Originally Posted by jumph4x
No such issues here.

I removed the Airmatic fuse as well as the pump. Car displays a 'too low' warning at startup, that's it.
do u have bc coilovers how are they? U use non airmatic control arm rear control arm?

cheers
Old 12-25-2022, 05:34 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Did u ever figure this out? Having the same exact
problem with my e55 right now.
Old 12-28-2022, 04:59 AM

M113K
Have been running KW V2s for 2 yrs now on W211. Removed the pump at the time of install. Did not remove the fuse/relay, though that would probably be a good idea. Haven’t had battery issues, but display says “car too low”.
Old 12-28-2022, 01:15 PM

Benz
Originally Posted by Vlaro
Have been running KW V2s for 2 yrs now on W211. Removed the pump at the time of install. Did not remove the fuse/relay, though that would probably be a good idea. Haven’t had battery issues, but display says “car too low”.
Adjust the linkage arms so the module will see it higher
Old 12-28-2022, 05:50 PM

M113K
Originally Posted by knowbenz
Adjust the linkage arms so the module will see it higher
May sound like a dumb question, but I have to ask, since I’m not entirely familiar with automotive terminology in English:
1. Could you please specify which arm you’re referring to as “linkage arm”?
2. Would such adjustment increase actual ground clearance? Possibly at the rear axle?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Also, it has been tough to achieve adequate wheel alignment, likely due to the 0.5-1 inch drop with KW conversion. The techs are able to get the rear wheels within spec, but the front camber has been wearing the inner edges of the front tires every 7k miles.
Old 12-28-2022, 06:37 PM

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts
2006 E55
May sound like a dumb question, but I have to ask, since I’m not entirely familiar with automotive terminology in English:
2. Would such adjustment increase actual ground clearance? Possibly at the rear axle?

Also, it has been tough to achieve adequate wheel alignment, likely due to the 0.5-1 inch drop with KW conversion. The techs are able to get the rear wheels within spec, but the front camber has been wearing the inner edges of the front tires every 7k miles.
What is the current camber setting on the front wheels?
Old 12-30-2022, 02:10 PM

Benz

If the display is showing car too low then the the linkage arms on the level sensors can be replaced with adjustable ones so the Airmatic control module sees it riding at a height within specifications now that it is sitting lower on coil overs.
Old 12-30-2022, 04:39 PM

Received 160 Likes on 98 Posts
W211 E220, W211 E55, W219 CLS 500
You need to code out the Airmatic in the instrument cluster and gateway control unit...
The level sensors will only be used for auto height adjustment of the Xenon lights. You need to pin the 6 level wires from the airmatic control unit into the headlight level control unit. If the sensor voltage is out of spec you can adjust the level links.