Can't Believe...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Can't Believe...

Great. Just great. Started a fine day off, then when I get home, I knick my car with my freakin' SUV (I hate that gas guzzler + big *ss car) because the car (my E55) was parked somewhat at an angle for some reason. Now I have a streak with missing paint on the rear fender on the chrome attachment part and some knicks on the fender itself.

I was wondering if I should buy some paint and do the job and fix it myself, or go to the dealer and ask for a replacement part. If I choose to go to my dealer, how much would you estimate the cost would be for the parts?

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:03 PM

Have you got photos of the damage? I would recommend you NOT to have a go yourself, Silver is a hard colour to match and your car has a ceramic coating which requires a different spraying process, ie you have to spray that whole body section, you cant flick/fade the spray out (aka local/s.m.a.r.t. spray).

Take some pictures so its clear what condition its in.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Re: Can't Believe...

Originally posted by MBE55AMG
I was wondering if I should buy some paint and do the job and fix it myself, or go to the dealer and ask for a replacement part. If I choose to go to my dealer, how much would you estimate the cost would be for the parts?

Thanks.
Treat that AMG as if it were your son or supermodel girlfriend... take it to the MB doctor and let them do their work
Old 05-24-2004, 06:25 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
you can always call your dealer and get a price quote..
Old 05-24-2004, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the reply, fellas. Very much appreciated. I'm frustrated with what I've done. Has anyone else been in my position yet?
Old 05-24-2004, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
PM'd you

Old 05-24-2004, 09:20 PM

2001 E55 & 1988 BMW M6
Re: Can't Believe...

Originally posted by MBE55AMG
Great. Just great. Started a fine day off, then when I get home, I knick my car with my freakin' SUV (I hate that gas guzzler + big *ss car) because the car (my E55) was parked somewhat at an angle for some reason. Now I have a streak with missing paint on the rear fender on the chrome attachment part and some knicks on the fender itself.

Thanks.
Not sure if irony is the right word, but here's my story from yesterday:

pulled into my driveway about 5:00 after a long golf weekend with the boys - excellent time, but exhausted and ready to be at home with the family.

Pulled up my driveway, only to find my wife's rover parked on the right side of the driveway [not in the garage], and my two boys' bikes blocking my side of the garage.

As I've done a 1000 times, I attempted to maneuver around the bikes, and the suv - only this time, I've under estimated the space between the bikes and the suv...

to spare the dramatics, my passenger side rear door has a 2 square foot dent/crease, that blends over to the front passenger side door...

the only upside: no paint damage, and no body moulding damage...

what a crppy ending to an excellent weekend... chalk this one up to stupidity/laziness... the $1,000 or so is what I would call a dumba$$ tax - oh well, hopefully it's a lesson learned.

No real answer to your question, but simply empathizing with your situation... for what it's worth.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Dents + paint damages = our enemies.