W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next time a troll like Kain extolls a BMW and trashes MB...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
Next time a troll like Kain extolls a BMW and trashes MB...

Just do not reply to their thread. Angry responses fuel their desire to continue posting. Responses stating what a troll they are or that they should be banned is just what they want to hear. When they look up their post and see no replies, they are pschologically defeated and will ultimately troll elsewhere.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bucket on wheels
ahhh how great would it be if it was that easy! i will do my best doc.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:05 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Old 05-31-2004, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Why don't you guys just stop reading the thread and ignore it? I'd never reply.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
You're right. Trolls would die is they see NO VIEWS and NO REPLIES!
Old 05-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
But.. but.. but... it's so fun!
Old 05-31-2004, 09:39 PM

if bmw ever.... gets around to releasing another M5 before the next millenium, im sure there will be plenty of healthy debate, but i wouldnt want to be on the bmw side the way things are looking...

A much more interesting troll fest is definately going to be the new Rs6......

Trending Topics

Old 05-31-2004, 09:47 PM

E55
Re: Next time a troll like Kain extolls a BMW and trashes MB...

Originally posted by Dr Chill
Just do not reply to their thread. Angry responses fuel their desire to continue posting. Responses stating what a troll they are or that they should be banned is just what they want to hear. When they look up their post and see no replies, they are pschologically defeated and will ultimately troll elsewhere.
I agree -- unless someone is really having fun arguing with the kid.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:24 AM

C32 AMG
i actually enjoy reading his posts very much...

i dont really want him to go away
Old 06-01-2004, 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Just for comparison, I posted a thread with the following article over at E46fanatics. Guess what? The mods deleted it. It's like they can't handle criticism.

All the while Kain is allowed to bash MB owners. Just shows you the world of difference between us...

Top Gear, June 2004
'Our new design was wrong'
BMW Boss's Shock Admission

You knew it, we knew it, anyone with any taste new it - BMW's 7-series is horrible. Now it seems BMW knows it too.

BMW has finally admitted what everyone in the car world has long known: the current 7-series is a disaster. In an interview with American business magazine Fortune, Helmut Panke, BMW's chairman, said: "I admit the intensity of the public debate over our new design (which began with the 7-series) did suprise me. There are still too many articles focusing on 'I wish this car looked different blah, blah, blah.' The 7-series was a combination of completely new technology with new design direction. The key point is that we should never make big steps in strategic directions without preparing our customers."

Panke is the first BMW executive to publicly acknowlege what many Munich insiders have privately been saying about the 7-series - that BMW made a big mistake in launching Chris Bangle's new design direction and the complex i-Drive system at the same time in the most conservative sector of the market with no explanation.

Panke's comments have been greeted with relief in Munich. "It's a weight off everyone's shoulders," one insider said. "Panke has finally said what we all knew but could not say - that we tried to do too much, too soon with the 7-series and we did it in the wrong market. We were too far ahead of the audience and lost a lot of goodwill. It was a real own goal that has overshadowed the launch of the very good cars that have followed the 7-Series."

Panke's admission is part of a new PR approach by BMW. As sales of the Z4, the new 5-series and the 6-series rise, BMW execs are admitting past failings. At a recent private dinner in Spain, one senionr BMW board member told jounalists that BMW had done "an absolutely lousy job" of explaining the firm's new design and its minimalist cabin controls.

Even Chris Bangle himself has admitted making mistakes - although not when it comes to design. At a recent lecture at the Design Museum in London, he said: "Did we move in the right direction with design? Yes. Could we have done more to explain what we were doing and why? Yes."

Privately, Bangle believes that the BMW board were too slow to wake up to the scale of his design changes. They failed to explain his new modernist style and when it became clear that customers loved the 7-Series' performance but hated the looks and i-Drive, they acted too slowly to address the concerns.

The top-of-the-range 7-Series was launched two years ago. In spite of the chorus of criticism it attracted and sluggish sales - in particular in BMW's core German market - BMW insisted customers would learn to love it. However, last year executives rushed through a facelift designed to smooth the car's sharp edges, reduce its bulky profile and soften the clunky bootlid.

The new 7-Series will be unveiled later this year. BMW hopes its launch will mark the end of one of the most awkward chapters in the company's history."
Old 06-01-2004, 11:46 AM

2003 E320
have you ever seen gwidos hanging around dunkin donuts?? Kein is one of them. Don't waste your time...................