W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EUROCHARGED Tune Question

Old 09-18-2018, 11:03 PM

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
EUROCHARGED Tune Question

I went to load my new tune and it gave me this msg, not sure if it loaded or not. My understanding is if the bottom left tab is all green then it should be good but not sure after reading that message. I emailed Jerry, kinda late for him to respond. I dont remember if the 1st tune i loaded a few months back said the same thing.

Only way i could tell is if the IC pump comes on but i cant tell if what im hearing is the ic pump or not. I say that because i had him tune for the ic pump to come on at first throttle but not 100% on how that exactly works.

I guess when im driving tomorrow i can hook up my dashcommand if im in traffic and the IAT’s dont go up then the tune loaded properly. On the first time he tunes it i forgot to ask him to have the ic pump on all the time or at first throttle.

Last edited by karpetcm; 09-18-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:03 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
If you already went ahead and started the car then it probably worked. Otherwise I would load it again before trying. You will have to post your ECU in if it is bricked, you won't be able to flash it again or use the car.

It is common to get a message regarding not all packets sent but it is usually ok, they mention this in the instructions on their website and the documentation that comes with the cable.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:15 AM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
When I was using EC I would get that message after every reflash. No problem.

However I'm 99% sure they can not "tune" the IC pump to turn on at different times and 100% sure it can not be made to run at different speeds. It is a relayed pump the only control the ECU has over it is 100% on or 100% off.

I asked for several changes from EC when I got a tune from them about a year ago that I now believe they couldn't do but they never mentioned it and just sent me a tune. I asked for a raised idle, and rear O2 sensors disabled. Never received comments back about it but got my tune and I just ignored that idle wasn't rasied, figured what ever it wasn't that big of a deal. I recently switched tuners to raceiq and on my first request with what I'd want done he told me those could only be adjusted via star diagnostics in person.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:22 AM

2006 E55 AMG
What threw me for a loop was after that message appeared and the bottom left corner was green after it completed the fans to my car were on full blast still. Figured after the tune is installed it would as well stop the fans, i didn’t turn the key to the off position just to the 1st key and then turned it on. I didn’t rememer doing that the first time a few months ago when i did another tune by Jerry.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:32 AM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
That's normal also, most folks disconnect the fan plug while reflashing then you dont have to hook up to a trickle charge or drain your battery while flashing.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
How long does it take to flash it that way?

I've got the handheld unit for my E63 and it takes less than 5 minutes to change tunes. No need to hook up to a charger.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:03 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Strigoi
How long does it take to flash it that way?

I've got the handheld unit for my E63 and it takes less than 5 minutes to change tunes. No need to hook up to a charger.

took mine 18 minutes
Old 09-19-2018, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by karpetcm

took mine 18 minutes
That's not too bad. For some reason I thought it took people way longer than that.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:51 PM

2006 E55 AMG
So I finally installed my 80mm Pulley. I used the one washer it comes with. It has a very very slight scrape sound when you spin it. I tried using another washer and the gap was too much. This tune is really my main problem. I email Jerry again hopefully he will hit me up. Kinda hard to explain to him through typing but it keeping the fans ON after I was done with the tune and unplugged is throwing me off because I don't at all remember it doing that the first time I tuned the car, I think the first time after it installed the tune it shut off the fans after I disconnected. As well after initial throttle me and him talked about the IC Pump coming on so at idle in traffic I don't overheat and heat soak he told me he can get it to come on at first throttle. So my first thing is I gotta figure out if it took the tune, 2nd thing I gotta work out is if what me and him talked about is not possible then I have to get it wired to my ignition key ON and have it just come on that way. I'll still wait on Jerry and see what he say's first.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
C300 sport 2008
So I finally installed my 80mm Pulley. I used the one washer it comes with. It has a very very slight scrape sound when you spin it. I tried using another washer and the gap was too much. This tune is really my main problem. I email Jerry again hopefully he will hit me up. Kinda hard to explain to him through typing but it keeping the fans ON after I was done with the tune and unplugged is throwing me off because I don't at all remember it doing that the first time I tuned the car, I think the first time after it installed the tune it shut off the fans after I disconnected. As well after initial throttle me and him talked about the IC Pump coming on so at idle in traffic I don't overheat and heat soak he told me he can get it to come on at first throttle. So my first thing is I gotta figure out if it took the tune, 2nd thing I gotta work out is if what me and him talked about is not possible then I have to get it wired to my ignition key ON and have it just come on that way. I'll still wait on Jerry and see what he say's first.
call Eurocharged hq, as for salmon or something. He will tell you.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:46 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by w204_racing

call Eurocharged hq, as for salmon or something. He will tell you.
i called them, i asked its telling me not to turn off the car because it will brick my computer thats why im not turning it off for 5 seconds and turning it back on. He says dont worry after it loads do turn off the car for 5 seconds and turn it on. I think me missing that step is why it’s not loading the tune. I was afraid of turning the car off for 5 seconds because of that msg it gives in the end.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:09 AM

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts
CLS55
It gives me that message every time. I have tried different computers, operating systems, everything I can think of (I work in software development). It takes me 25 minutes to flash. I'm heavily modded so if the flash didn't take I'd know..And its been fine for the 3 years I've been tuned with a bunch of different tune files (I have had like 8 total)
Old 09-20-2018, 08:54 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by PieRat
It gives me that message every time. I have tried different computers, operating systems, everything I can think of (I work in software development). It takes me 25 minutes to flash. I'm heavily modded so if the flash didn't take I'd know..And its been fine for the 3 years I've been tuned with a bunch of different tune files (I have had like 8 total)
thanks for the advice appreciate it. Im glad i was able to install the pulley and tune and call it a day. Now i gotta get my secondary heat exchanger installed.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
C300 sport 2008

thanks for the advice appreciate it. Im glad i was able to install the pulley and tune and call it a day. Now i gotta get my secondary heat exchanger installed.
I want to mod my car dude. But I need to save money. Been spending so much on god knows what. I think gas lol. But business has been crazy so I’m good for now