Help Diagnosing Airmatic Issue "Visit Workshop"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 07:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
none yet
Help Diagnosing Airmatic Issue "Visit Workshop"

Hi all,

I recently had both rear struts done with new Arnott replacements after I had received a "visit workshop" message on the display and the car would drop extremely low overnight. After I had those done and I was ready to begin enjoying the car again I immediately had the "Visit workshop" message pop up on the display again. After consulting with my mechanic he mentioned that the capacity of the Arnott replacements might be more than the factory struts so the compressor was taking longer to fill them up and was throwing out a code....I then paid $180 for a leak test to be done on the car where my indy mechanic sprayed soapy water on all the lines....They were unable to find a leak anywhere in any of the lines and mentioned something along the lines of having to rip out the interior to get to some hidden lines where the leak might be???? Definitely do not want to go down that road...They scanned the car for the code and what came back was something along the lines of "The pressure line system leaks" (sorry didn't get the code #)

Now I'm daily driving the car, but it's always a headache seeing the "visit workshop" message pop up everytime i'm trying to enjoy the car. I'd say it pops up about 80-90% of the time within a 2-3 minutes of me having started the car.

Any suggestions?! If there really is a leak I would like to get it taken care of!!!

Thank you
Old 10-05-2018, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 970 Likes on 754 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Ripping out the interior means removing the rear seat cushion. The lines have a junction block under the seat cushion approximately center of the car. Takes 5 minutes to check. The other T-block to the rear air springs is center of car, underneath, on the rear subframe; you'll see the lines.

PM me your email address. Also, put year and model of your car in the sig or to the left; makes it easier to assist.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Is it just the rear only or the entire car that looks like a lowrider? If rear only, then most likely the T-Block as already mentioned by bbirdwell.
Has your air compressor been checked? Expansion Tank? Are the rear Air Springs themselves leaking? Have you ever cycled the suspension to raise and lower it.
Tonight, raise the entire car up and leave it there overnight, to see what happens. If there are no leaks the car should remain in the raise position.
If either the front or rear is down in the morning, that gives you somewhere to start, by isolating either the front or rear components.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:36 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Arnott's are tested throughly before sending out.

does your mechanic have STAR/DAS. it will report back what the issue is. maybe your valve block is leaking. also as mentioned...the lines aren't really hidden. they're very easy to find to spray with soapy water on the W211. your mechanic is lazy or a crook.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 10-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
The codes will need to be cleared with a STAR/DAS after installation.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
none yet
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
Ripping out the interior means removing the rear seat cushion. The lines have a junction block under the seat cushion approximately center of the car. Takes 5 minutes to check. The other T-block to the rear air springs is center of car, underneath, on the rear subframe; you'll see the lines.

PM me your email address. Also, put year and model of your car in the sig or to the left; makes it easier to assist.
PM Sent, thanks for the help

Originally Posted by Yuille36
Is it just the rear only or the entire car that looks like a lowrider? If rear only, then most likely the T-Block as already mentioned by bbirdwell.
Has your air compressor been checked? Expansion Tank? Are the rear Air Springs themselves leaking? Have you ever cycled the suspension to raise and lower it.
Tonight, raise the entire car up and leave it there overnight, to see what happens. If there are no leaks the car should remain in the raise position.
If either the front or rear is down in the morning, that gives you somewhere to start, by isolating either the front or rear components.
Only the rear passenger side was sagging, after having the rear struts replaced the car is now sitting level and no issues other than this message popping up. I will leave the car raised overnight and check tomorrow to see if its lowered anywhere, great suggestion thanks.

Originally Posted by hachiroku
Arnott's are tested throughly before sending out.

does your mechanic have STAR/DAS. it will report back what the issue is. maybe your valve block is leaking. also as mentioned...the lines aren't really hidden. they're very easy to find to spray with soapy water on the W211. your mechanic is lazy or a crook.
I don't doubt the efficacy of the arnott replacements at all! how do I go about checking the valve block?

Originally Posted by arnottdoug
The codes will need to be cleared with a STAR/DAS after installation.
Hi Doug, I had the mechanic use his diagnostics tool once I was getting the message to see what the issue was. Is it true that the Arnott's have a greater capacity than OEM struts like my mechanic mentioned?
Old 10-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
MERCEDES-BENZ CL-CLASS
Originally Posted by failboat
I had the mechanic use his diagnostics tool once I was getting the message to see what the issue was. Is it true that the Arnott's have a greater capacity than OEM struts like my mechanic mentioned?
Yes, the Arnott replacement air springs do have a larger capacity than the OE. This is how we were able to eliminate the air reservoir which is attached to the OE air spring and requires 8 hours of shop time to replace.

The following users liked this post:
newe55guy (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 01:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 BRABUS E55 K8 & SL500
just emailed you