Sponsored by:

E65 ///amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reggid
True, but why not do this to current E55 i think it would be a slightly simpler process to tune the 5.5 a little rather than fitting the V12. This would allow them to focus more on improving its weaker points such as its dynamics. Power is definately not AMG's weakness so why goto the extreme, everybody knows they can get what ever power and torque that they want so there is no real need to actually go and put it into practice. Above a certain point there becomes too much hp to be usable, IMO anyway.
power is part of marketing and putting a V12 into the E class has a lot to do with marketing as well.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
There is no such thing as too much power. However too much weight is a different proposition and I think the 12 in the E is a mistake.
Any comparison of the new M5 and the E65 is a joke. Dynamically the M5 will walk all over and around it, sure the E will win on the Autobahn, but that's all.
I agree with some of the other posters here, AMG need to fix the dynamics of the car, getting power is not an issue.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:35 AM

996 twin turbo
surely its too much,the e55 can only just handle its power,and even then its purely its electronics that keep it on the road.
Is this the future ,vastly overpowered cars that require no driving skill ?
AMG's strategy should be re-thought,BMW have given them a golden opportunity with the poor design of the 5 series to drive a clear gap between the e-class and the 5 series.
The e55 will if it is slower than the m5 be only fractionally slower,AMG should make it into a better drivers car and eradicate its faults beofre looking to increase the HP.
An e-65 might be much faster than the new m5 (which it won't because of the law of diminishing returns on power deliveries,where it will be significantly faster will be at irrelevant speeds).
It has actually become a joke now,AMG have become predictable ..BMW/Audi bring out car..amg bring out faster car ..talk about ***** envy.
Sort it our AMG.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by stephens
There is no such thing as too much power. However too much weight is a different proposition and I think the 12 in the E is a mistake.
Any comparison of the new M5 and the E65 is a joke. Dynamically the M5 will walk all over and around it, sure the E will win on the Autobahn, but that's all.
I agree with some of the other posters here, AMG need to fix the dynamics of the car, getting power is not an issue.
do u think that by working more towards dynamics, AMG defeats the philosophy of their vehicles?
Old 07-16-2004, 03:11 PM

Come on guys.,.. open your eyes.. thats no E65

thats simply a silver E55 with an aftermarket bumper that has not been painted yet.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Banned

2002 BMW M5
yes AMG are soo predictable, cramming in more horsepower into the E will only make it more undriveable . the driver feedback and balance will be awful, it will be like one of those pike peak cars with too much horsepower. amg need to really concentrating on making it more appealing to drive, not just straight line speed. i can tell you no bmw e39 driver cares that the e55 can get to 60mph 0.1-2 seconds quicker, or get to 100 a few seconds quicker. bmw drivers do however car that the M5 has the most incredible driver feedback and driveability factor. amg need to start with this principle first, then focus on HP etc. only then will new AMgs be a credible match for bmws driveability.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Originally Posted by Jdub87(im back)
yes AMG are soo predictable, cramming in more horsepower into the E will only make it more undriveable . the driver feedback and balance will be awful, it will be like one of those pike peak cars with too much horsepower. amg need to really concentrating on making it more appealing to drive, not just straight line speed. i can tell you no bmw e39 driver cares that the e55 can get to 60mph 0.1-2 seconds quicker, or get to 100 a few seconds quicker. bmw drivers do however car that the M5 has the most incredible driver feedback and driveability factor. amg need to start with this principle first, then focus on HP etc. only then will new AMgs be a credible match for bmws driveability.
Read the forums, fool. You basically repeated what some people have already said. You wasted your time typing that.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Driving feeling

Jbub87, Maybe some people value comfort more than nimble handling. Personally, I like that fact that Mercedes is staying true to its comfort oriented philosphy and not building stiff so-called sports cars like everybody else. Nowadays, even luxury cars, minivans and pickups need to be sporty! Give me a break. Look at the weight of an M5: Sure it may handle a bit better than an AMG, but it is certainly no sports car, and the brakes are underwhelming. If I want a sports car, I'll buy a real one, like a Porsche or a Lotus Elise. Everything else is just something in between. Then I would rather have more comfort and the comforting feeling of the torque of the E55 than some high revving ultra stiff car that you can't use in everyday traffic anyways wíthout risking your driver's license!
Old 07-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Banned

2002 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Frank Wiesmann
Jbub87, Maybe some people value comfort more than nimble handling. Personally, I like that fact that Mercedes is staying true to its comfort oriented philosphy and not building stiff so-called sports cars like everybody else. Nowadays, even luxury cars, minivans and pickups need to be sporty! Give me a break. Look at the weight of an M5: Sure it may handle a bit better than an AMG, but it is certainly no sports car, and the brakes are underwhelming. If I want a sports car, I'll buy a real one, like a Porsche or a Lotus Elise. Everything else is just something in between. Then I would rather have more comfort and the comforting feeling of the torque of the E55 than some high revving ultra stiff car that you can't use in everyday traffic anyways wíthout risking your driver's license!
IF you want luxury, buy an s500,s430 and walk away with change. The comfort is much much superior in the S than the E. M5 is a drivers car and requires a level of skill to control and utilize it properly. The e55 is really just too simple to drive and although you have all that torque, you still have a slushy auto box
Old 07-17-2004, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

do you know the philosophy of AMG vehicles? They aren't made to be 100% driver's cars, m-cars might communicate better with the drivers but they aren't comfortable day cruisers, my back still hurts after riding in the M3 with the optional 19" rims cos the ride was so harsh
Old 07-17-2004, 11:21 AM
Banned

2002 BMW M5
do you know the philosophy of AMG vehicles? They aren't made to be 100% driver's cars, m-cars might communicate better with the drivers but they aren't comfortable day cruisers, my back still hurts after riding in the M3 with the optional 19" rims cos the ride was so harsh
how can you even comment on this. you have a c200k- come back when you have the money to afford these cars, until then go to your c class forum. this is big boy ****. Bmws are comfortable enough for me so im not complaining.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Everyone, report bad post on J-dub. This sucker needs his IP completely banned, and is a big of our times, and you know it.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Banned

2002 BMW M5
Originally Posted by MBE55AMG
Everyone, report bad post on J-dub. This sucker needs his IP completely banned, and is a big of our times, and you know it.
why? im just engaging a little bit of competition
Old 07-17-2004, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C250 sport
what's the point J-dub? You've made your point..you think the M5 is better than the E55 in every way, why don't you just stop???
Old 07-17-2004, 07:55 PM

2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
how can you even comment on this. you have a c200k- come back when you have the money to afford these cars, until then go to your c class forum. this is big boy ****. Bmws are comfortable enough for me so im not complaining.
how dare you say something like that... just cause someone doesnt own the car doesnt mean they arent allowed to comment on it.. how about you be a little more mature and actually talk about the car and something intelligent rather than saying absolutly stupid comments to someone much more intelligent than you..
Old 07-17-2004, 10:42 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
I hoesntly never see Mercedes people complaining in the BMW forums.. Some BMW owners are very insecure in their choice it seems..
Old 07-18-2004, 03:06 AM

2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
just out of curiosity jdub.. what is it that you drive.. since you think your a big rich little boy..
Old 07-18-2004, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are such a blind tit mate. BMW aren't comfortable enough for me but I won't complain further since i don't really care about them. Until you post some pics of the rides bought with your own dosh, you're just a little internet troll. At least I can afford my own car. What car do u drive? Go back to your BMW kids forum where you belong please, this place is for mature people

Last edited by Jon200; 07-18-2004 at 04:14 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

why? im just engaging a little bit of competition
u taking the ****? You're not engaging in any bit of competition

come back when u hv a car
Old 07-18-2004, 05:22 AM

2004 E220 CDI Wagon - 2008 B180 CDI
Come on... Don't you see where Jdub is, there's always a problem ? Maybe that rich boy drives a 91' Camry ...
Go back on BMW forums and please let us talking (i said talking and not "engaging competition")

Last edited by Viggen; 07-18-2004 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by MBE55AMG
Please don't do that! He may start posting on the BMW forums.

...2001 BMW E39 M5 Owner
Old 07-18-2004, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rsteele

...2001 BMW E39 M5 Owner
LOL
Old 07-18-2004, 06:19 PM

one of seven
Originally Posted by rsteele

...2001 BMW E39 M5 Owner
Old 09-25-2004, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by AMG FANATIC
Might destroy it? It will absolutely blow it away. As it is the current E55 will be a tough match for it.
How wrong you proved to be

Whenever you get into questioning the journalistic integrity of so many reviews in the bottom of your heart you know it's a lost cause.

Save you arguments for the nex E55 AMG when I'm sure the tables will be turned!

jonboy
Old 09-25-2004, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by rake55
I was in Germany last week and stopped by AMG in Affalterbach. On the showroom floor they had an E65 ///AMG!!! Here is what I found out. AMG is currently making the E65 as a special order car for European customers. Dino from AMG told me with a huge smile on his face that there is no "Official" word as to whether the E65 will become a normal production car but it's a possibility. This particular E65 was something like 612 HP and 1000 lb. ft. of torque. It would be awesome if Mercedes offered the E65 for sale in the US, maybe as a 2006 model. I also got to see the HWA (AMG) CLK-DTM as it was taking a stroll down Diamlerstrasse.

Rob

Hmm so it's not gonna be a V8 6.3L s/c 475 hp???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: E65 ///amg