Official SUVNEER W211 E63 LED DRL Group Buy Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

These LED DRLs are made in Taiwan. The LED strips are manufactured by the same factory as Wald’s. But it gets better… the factory is able to upgrade the original COB LEDs to SMD LEDs for me so they will be brighter than original Wald’s.

*Please note that the LED factory required a minimum order so I might NOT have this product again once all is sold out. Please spread the words to your friends and family about this product.

**Only fits OEM, SUVNEER E63 front bumper only! Please see the attached picture that shows measurements of the LED grille. Other aftermarket bumpers has the smaller fog light grilles than OEM which will not fit.
  • SAE/DOT approved. Street legal
  • Instruction included
  • Wires included
  • 1 year factory warranty on the LEDs
  • Dimensions: 220 x 26 x 50 mm
  • Voltage: 12V
  • LED: 5pcs per side
  • IP Rating: IP67
  • Estimated arrival date for the first batch of shipment is around Sep 18th
Preorder Special Pricing:
  • Carbon Fiber Version: $375 shipped anywhere in the US
  • Gloss Black Version: $345 shipped anywhere in the US
International Shipping:
  • Carbon Fiber Version: $425 shipped anywhere outside of the US
  • Gloss Black Version: $395 shipped anywhere outside of the US
Please email me or private message me your email address and phone # and I will send you a PayPal invoice to pay and reserve yours.

My email address is gary@suvneer.com

Thanks!

Last edited by Suvneer; 08-01-2019 at 01:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MSG 55G (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 10:05 PM

Received 152 Likes on 108 Posts
2013 E63 P30, 2010 GL550
Please describe how this integrates (turn on/off, lower intensity night time, curve illumination).
The following users liked this post:
Naeblis (07-29-2019)
Old 07-29-2019, 12:35 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2009 E63
Also would like feedback from those who have used these in fog, haze, etc. I assumed the functionality much be on par or better than traditional fogs as all manufacturers seem to have gone to this color temp LED now, but just want info from those who have used them in less than stellar conditions, as well as what maxusa askedabout above.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:32 PM

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by maxusa
Please describe how this integrates (turn on/off, lower intensity night time, curve illumination).
Max, great questions. I’m the tester for Gary’s DRL. I LOVE em. Prior to conversion I had the high speed option which you’ve mentioned and which I’m not too impressed with. I disengaged my fogs curve illumination cause every time turn signal or steering wheel are turned in either direction only the fog involve come on and it looks like the other fog is out (looks stupid). As for on/off function, I bypass the factory fog wires and route em straight to fuse box. I was sick off switching them on/off manually and many times I forget and drain the battery. Lastly, the intensity of DRL is an option and can be rigged for your inquiry; I’m not too technical to say how or concern with it. But it can be done (see last photo), also Gary mentioned his production company going to upgrade the LED lighting so I’m staying in tune and hopefully I’ll get one.

Originally Posted by Naeblis
Also would like feedback from those who have used these in fog, haze, etc. I assumed the functionality much be on par or better than traditional fogs as all manufacturers seem to have gone to this color temp LED now, but just want info from those who have used them in less than stellar conditions, as well as what maxusa askedabout above.
Naeblis, we recently tested these DRL over a month now and haven’t had a chance to drive them in foggy or hazy weather so stay tune for winter months in Southern California. From my experience with factory fogs, I had both stock and E63 conversion fogs which I swap the halogen bulbs to LED and every time I turn them on I get concern that I be blinding oncoming traffic, therefore I seldom get a chance to show off my bling bling. With these DRL it turns on/off with key on ignition and bypassing the need for resistors and the need to manually turn them off as stated above.

Overall, I love them for their appearances and their daily functionality; compared to factory, they are night and day. I’ve owned my E55 over 9 years now and this is one of my many favorite mods I’ve done.

Should of tuck wire out of sight. Yellow wire is for brightness level option which I’ve opted not to used.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:59 PM

Received 152 Likes on 108 Posts
2013 E63 P30, 2010 GL550
Thanks for the answers. It sounds like you did not care much for any of it (turn on/off, lower intensity night time, curve illumination) and just hard-wired them. Effective, but basic. I would still like to learn about the extent of intended integration if anyone can educate me.

Last edited by maxusa; 07-30-2019 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:08 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2009 E63
Also appreciate the insight but would like max want to get more input on full functionality. I like the turn assist lighting from the factory E63 fogs at night, definitely want to still be able to use the factory pull out to activate them if possible, and also want to know how they actually do in inclement weather. That's been my concern with seeing the HID/LED conversions that people do to the factory fogs is that they might no longer serve their purpose when conditions are bad. Knowing that OEMs are going to LEDs in place of traditional fogs/DRLs I'm interested if there's no loss in capability, but I don't want a cosmetic upgrade that degrades performance, all the more because my fogs are actually in really good shape and don't need replacing.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:34 AM

2006 E55
I see your POV, within the next week I’m revamping my headlights and will be able to integrate these Daytime Running Lights to factory fogs wiring for testing purposes. Will update...
Old 07-30-2019, 02:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I will provide all the specs as soon as the factory gets back to me. They just recently upgraded the LED TO SMD., Thanks.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

• Dimensions: 220 x 26 x 50 mm
  • Voltage: 12V
  • LED: 5pcs per side
  • IP Rating: IP67
Old 08-13-2019, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Old 09-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Old 09-26-2019, 08:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG E63
Gary- are prices still good here? Thx!
Old 09-27-2019, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by briandavis06
Gary- are prices still good here? Thx!
Yes. Pre order prices are still good to go since I don't have them fully in stock. The factory is shipping via Fedex Express to me weekly. Please message or email me. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2019, 06:09 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by MSG 55G
I see your POV, within the next week I’m revamping my headlights and will be able to integrate these Daytime Running Lights to factory fogs wiring for testing purposes. Will update...
After tearing my front end to swap headlights, I had the opportunity to integrate the DRL onto the factory wires to see how they would performs. And as predicted, they functioned as factory setting with Active Lighting System (ALS) all features were the same to me, (but I wasn’t keen on the old factory fogs ever because I hardly use them) and...as factory setting, you still have to turn them on and off manually. I’ve also tested them on curve illumination option and no surprise, one side turns on when you turn your steering wheel or clicked your turn signal and the unaffected side stay off (totally looked like your light is burn out), needless to say, that option got deleted quick!

As for brightness feature, tbh I never noticed it when I had stock halogen light bulbs on. I understand that the DRL have the functionality to wire them for different brightness level; however, I didn’t have the opportunity to get them connected to see how they’d perform.

Now that it’s nearly winter in So Cal, I was able to make a few drives in the fogs and they provided great visibility through the thick coastal dews on PCH.

Bottom line, DRL are well sought after but were rare to find unless you want to spend $700 for a pair. Now they’re affordable to enhance/upgrade our W211 AMG’s appearance and functionality. I was very fortunate to have a pair of these to test out and I’m happy to report that they are AWESOME!

Took her out of the stall

Lunch by the pier

Coronado Island

Coronado Island

Facelift headlights with a touch of custom blackout liners

At the Dyno

Last edited by MSG 55G; 12-04-2019 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Gary,

Are these still up for grabs? Appears that I'm late to the party, but I'd like to get my hands on a pair.

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2020, 07:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by KillaOgs
Gary,

Are these still up for grabs? Appears that I'm late to the party, but I'd like to get my hands on a pair.

Thanks!
Yes, I have another shipment arriving tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Gary,

Thanks!
Please shoot me an email at gary@suvneer.com
Thank you.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Hi Gary,

I ordered from you earlier in the week - I tried to catch you here when your servers were down.

As stated here on MBWorld countless times - you were a pleasure to work with and the legend continues!
Old 01-22-2020, 04:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Hi Gary,

I ordered from you earlier in the week - I tried to catch you here when your servers were down.

As stated here on MBWorld countless times - you were a pleasure to work with and the legend continues!
Thank you so much for your kind words and business! Truly appreciate you!