W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jbaker1121 - New E55 Owner Intro Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 01:23 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
MB: E55 AMG, CL550, E3004M Cab + other makes :)
Originally Posted by tlambert
2 55s ?

Poor cars.....sitting in the snow.
Different toys get the garage spaces

I went with the following sizes:

Rear: 265/40R18
Front: 235/40R18

Ended up ordering the tires from Germany as I could not find the sizes in the US on a number of websites and at dealers. Either not available, price marked up, or they were Mercedes or Porsche spec, but not both. Also, certain sizes are more expensive due to demand... (245 vs 235 etc)

If anyone is interested PM me and I will give you their contact info. They run a tire shop down the street from one of the Michelin factories...

Have not driven in the snow yet but only on cold, "dry" roads and highways for a few hours over the weekend. They are definitely louder than the Pilot Sport 4S and you can tell at high-ish speeds the handling is not as great. Some of this can be the fact the tires still need to break in and loose the separation layer...

before it ventures out for snow donuts, unfortunately looks like my oil filter housing has a small leak (just some dripping) as well as my power steering reservoir. Seemed to drive OK over the weekend but didn't push it. These are next on the list...

Last edited by jbaker1121; 12-03-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05 E55 AMG
Man so happy reading your thread, I just bought a 05 E55 as well, bone stock w/ 19inch wheels and 120k miles. I'm still transferring the registration so I'm not picking it up til Tuesday (12/10). I had a local mechanic look at it and he gave it the green light but when it comes to used cars and maintenance, people definitely emphasize the negative encounters far more than positive ones so this thread was a welcoming read.

Jbaker I live in Upper East Side of NYC, not too far from you we should link up when I have my E55. I'm a bike guy at heart currently with a 06 Fireblade and 04 ZX10R but have always been a huge fan of AMG's, my cousin had a G55, then a CL63 Black Series. That black series permanently gave me a soft spot for AMG's, so when this one popped up bone stock with decent records and ridiculously low price, I couldn't refuse. Honestly after the test ride I was mad at myself for not purchasing one years sooner, the throaty roar at WOT had me reliving my college days when my cousin would let me take his CL63 Black, on one of the rare days he drove it in to work. Theirs a straightway on the bottom of FDR drive where I hammered the throttle on the CL for what seemed like one second of beautiful snarling V8, and quickly saw I approaching a buck thirty, a feat that I have only been able to surpass once in my 9 years of riding liter bikes here.....

Suffice to say, I'm ecstatic to get my hands on my baby, already ordered smoked rear lights and couple other small cosmetic things. Great to see you guys have such a vibrant community here, in comparison the the sportbike forums seem lifeless. I had to register and post after I read your thread dude, it filled me with great expectations. As they say, keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down my man, take it easy.

Last edited by NYCDiesel; 12-07-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
Shiny side up and rubber side down! I like that. Failed to do that a few times in my misspent youth. Three times actually if you don't count go karts, so it resonates.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by NYCDiesel
Man so happy reading your thread, I just bought a 05 E55 as well, bone stock w/ 19inch wheels and 120k miles. I'm still transferring the registration so I'm not picking it up til Tuesday (12/10). I had a local mechanic look at it and he gave it the green light but when it comes to used cars and maintenance, people definitely emphasize the negative encounters far more than positive ones so this thread was a welcoming read.

Jbaker I live in Upper East Side of NYC, not too far from you we should link up when I have my E55. I'm a bike guy at heart currently with a 06 Fireblade and 04 ZX10R but have always been a huge fan of AMG's, my cousin had a G55, then a CL63 Black Series. That black series permanently gave me a soft spot for AMG's, so when this one popped up bone stock with decent records and ridiculously low price, I couldn't refuse. Honestly after the test ride I was mad at myself for not purchasing one years sooner, the throaty roar at WOT had me reliving my college days when my cousin would let me take his CL63 Black, on one of the rare days he drove it in to work. Theirs a straightway on the bottom of FDR drive where I hammered the throttle on the CL for what seemed like one second of beautiful snarling V8, and quickly saw I approaching a buck thirty, a feat that I have only been able to surpass once in my 9 years of riding liter bikes here.....

Suffice to say, I'm ecstatic to get my hands on my baby, already ordered smoked rear lights and couple other small cosmetic things. Great to see you guys have such a vibrant community here, in comparison the the sportbike forums seem lifeless. I had to register and post after I read your thread dude, it filled me with great expectations. As they say, keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down my man, take it easy.
Nice, congrats on the 'new' car. These cars are definitely great but their age shows. Even if low miles the gaskets, air bags, electronics still have an expiration date just from age. Very typical not only in German cars but all cars when they get old. Of course, more people will come to a forum to ask about a problem vs., someone completely satisfied with their car (generally) aside from those who just like to talk car.

People need to realize that your $80k car that is now worth $10k still has the maintenance of a $80k car so you should budget accordingly!

All said, I am still very happy with the purchase. I've also driven a number of MB and AMG cars across the board, in addition to some crazier exotics and tuner cars. I find cars like this to be a great mixture of everything. Comfortable, fast, can handle OK, can fit some shopping in the back. What I like about this car and other AMGs is it can be comfortable around town and for normal driving but has the power to get in trouble very easily..... then blend right back in with traffic.
Hard to do that in a red Ferrari.... (as I have learned....)

Plus this era of AMG, they are a little less refined than later models and still feel like they just shoved in a big V8 and slapped a supercharger on it, with minor other upgrades... more muscle/tuner car than refined German luxury. more fun!

When I take my cars down to Mexico I definitely hover well above triple digits, weather and traffic permitting. This car can handle it with ease - obviously made for bombing down the autobahn moreso than setting nurburgring records, but can easy get up there and cruise very comfortably.

I live in Greenwich CT which is a nice easy ride up the Hutch/Merritt from the UES. I'd be happy to meet up and talk cars. Lots of lovely backroads near me and I enjoy early morning drives when nobody is on the road. PM me and we can arrange.

Originally Posted by StarvingArtist
Shiny side up and rubber side down! I like that. Failed to do that a few times in my misspent youth. Three times actually if you don't count go karts, so it resonates.
I hope to always keep the shiny side up! did have one event in the jeep where I thought I may break that rule...

Last edited by jbaker1121; 12-10-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:20 PM

Well, replaced a few gaskets in the front of the motor, as well as a new power steering reservoir and fluid flush. (as described here https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-w211-e55.html)

Then, took a road trip to philadelphia for the weekend for a friend's wedding (114 mi each way) -- no leaks, drove beautifully. So wonderful to have the car seemingly in fully operational order....

Got home Sunday, parked it and it sat for the last 4 days outside in 30 deg weather til yesterday morning when I went to start it - car was DEAD, battery dead...not even a sound or light when I opened the door with the key. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME

So, I hooked up the jumper cables from my jeep to the battery in the trunk. Had to let it charge for 20 minutes before there was enough juice to crank the E55 over! Then drove it for 40 minutes to charge it up and let the electronics come back on...

Went to start it this morning, and it seems fine, checked the voltage via dash screen and seemed to be in normal operation range of 12-13V... however I am still getting an error that my cornering lights are malfunctioning, and now it is telling me to visit workshop for the airmatic. I am hoping these are just some gremlins that will go away as the alternator stays charged... however, I realize on the carfax that my battery is about 5 years old so it's time for a replacement anyway and a lot of times these small issues go away with a new battery. we had an SL500 in the past with same thing -- in the cold it loved to complain, once the electric connections got warm, it was fine..

Anyway, I need to figure out if maybe the fuse for the cornering lights went when I jumped the car. Similarly, I noticed when I hooked the cables up to the car, the hazard lights were flashing but I did not hear the alarm siren...... a fuse as well?

The dealership has the battery for a pretty good price vs an aftermarket replacement ($178 vs 205ish) so may just go with OEM/MB....

Whats the fun in a car that doesn't need work ?!? I am hoping I can make it one month into 2020 without something else breaking!

Last edited by jbaker1121; 01-03-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 977 Likes on 760 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
I don't know how you connected the battery to jump start the car but here are a few notes from the MB technical documentation.
-Remove key from EIS of the car with dead battery before connecting jumper cables. If the car has Keyless-Go, remove key fob from EIS and keep it outside the range of the transmitter (> 2 meters).
-Positive jumper cable connect to battery positive terminal of car needing the jump.
-Negative jumper cable connect to the battery control module ground lug of the car needing the jump. Note not to negative terminal of battery.

If replacing the main battery, remove the key and keep Keyless-Go keyfob >2m from the car when disconnecting the old and connecting the new battery.

The previous also applies when removing the auxiliary battery. Disconnect main battery and then disconnect and remove the auxiliary battery with key fob not in EIS and Keyless-Go >2m from the car.

FWIW, my "platinum AGM 900 CCA battery" name brand lasted me three years and seven months in my '05 E55. It was testing at 720 CCA a week prior to failure when the car just up and refused to turn over and provided the "red screen of death" on the instrument cluster. USB voltage was showing as 12.1 after charging; car started twice then refused to turn over the next morning. Replacement battery as of a week ago and all is well. The dead battery when new was rated 900 CCA and tested at >1000 CCA using a Solar BA-5 battery tester.

Winter is in fine form here in South Central Texas so I'm going to have to shovel sunshine again tomorrow morning before I can make it to my favorite outdoor brew pub....
Old 01-06-2020, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by bbirdwell
I don't know how you connected the battery to jump start the car but here are a few notes from the MB technical documentation.
-Remove key from EIS of the car with dead battery before connecting jumper cables. If the car has Keyless-Go, remove key fob from EIS and keep it outside the range of the transmitter (> 2 meters).
-Positive jumper cable connect to battery positive terminal of car needing the jump.
-Negative jumper cable connect to the battery control module ground lug of the car needing the jump. Note not to negative terminal of battery.

If replacing the main battery, remove the key and keep Keyless-Go keyfob >2m from the car when disconnecting the old and connecting the new battery.

The previous also applies when removing the auxiliary battery. Disconnect main battery and then disconnect and remove the auxiliary battery with key fob not in EIS and Keyless-Go >2m from the car.

FWIW, my "platinum AGM 900 CCA battery" name brand lasted me three years and seven months in my '05 E55. It was testing at 720 CCA a week prior to failure when the car just up and refused to turn over and provided the "red screen of death" on the instrument cluster. USB voltage was showing as 12.1 after charging; car started twice then refused to turn over the next morning. Replacement battery as of a week ago and all is well. The dead battery when new was rated 900 CCA and tested at >1000 CCA using a Solar BA-5 battery tester.

Winter is in fine form here in South Central Texas so I'm going to have to shovel sunshine again tomorrow morning before I can make it to my favorite outdoor brew pub....
Thanks for the info. I followed the owner's manual and connected directly to battery terminals in trunk, and after charging with another car it started up fine.

Has been fine each day since (sat all day saturday and started up fine sunday) - mid 30 deg weather. tested the volts with the dash screen each start up and has been within the 12-13V range.

Battery seems OK now and all the malfunctions went away from it being dead. Just had to reset the pano roof, seat settings, and SAT radio settings as is normal after battery.

Plan to swap in a new battery either during week or weekend. Also need to check fuse for the siren (?) otherwise looks like my siren is out as well. I guess that is why it hasn't/doesn't beep when I lock/unlock, lol. Was like that before this issue.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fxt
E55 amg

Originally Posted by jbaker1121
Thanks for the feedback. Since I just got the car I want to see how it acts under my normal driving as well as spirited driving before doing many of the mentioned upgrades.

Tires - I want to go with the biggest I can especially on rear. Do people usually match the F/R tire sizes or run smaller front?

Cooling - Like I said, I have not seen any overheating issues "yet" with normal driving, traffic, and some quick runs - but I know this is an area to keep an eye on with these cars. I think at minimum I'd upgrade the pump. Which heat exchanger is usually recommended? Should I get new radiator at same time?

Headers - I am wary of chinese production metals as I have had experience with them rotting out at the welds. i'd rather spend more in the beginning than have to fix it later... are MBH the ones to go with? I have removed cats before on my last car and had it tuned --- will the E55 computer complain when the LTH are in and the cats are out -- or will whatever tune I get talk to it properly to remove the error? (I know about spacing the 02 sensors etc as well)

Tune / datalogging - there are a few dyno shops nearby (NYC area) that have experience w AMGs but I plan to do maybe a dyno tune and leave it alone unless I make further modifications. I am not familiar with the live datalogging and making my own adjustments. On the last 2 cars I had where I did mods and tunes I just did custom dyno tunes...

LSD - I prob won't want/need for a while but I know LSD generally better than no LSD....

Spark plugs - some say to go colder, worth it on the e55?

intakes - plan to just swap filters --- are upgraded intakes shown to actually do something on these cars with a tune etc?

thanks again
Hi what shops in NyC area are you referring to that have experience with the e55 amg ?
Old 01-15-2020, 10:39 AM

Illmatic - I have been using Keane's Autoworks in Bedford Hills, NY. Give Mike (owner) a call there at (914) 864-2211.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05 E55 AMG
Illmatic - I have been using Keane's Autoworks in Bedford Hills, NY. Give Mike (owner) a call there at (914) 864-2211.
Sweet may have to go check them out...
I noticed you said theirs some dyno shops around NYC to tune, I'm actually looking for a tune on one of my bikes do any of the shops you know work on bikes as well ?
Old 01-24-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by NYCDiesel
Sweet may have to go check them out...
I noticed you said theirs some dyno shops around NYC to tune, I'm actually looking for a tune on one of my bikes do any of the shops you know work on bikes as well ?
Not sure to be honest!
Old 01-30-2020, 09:55 AM

next on the list:

- e63 OEM trunk spoiler.
Dealer wants $500. trying to located a cheaper OEM one. The ones I have seen that are replicas don't appear to line up as well as OEM, and I like things to be pretty perfect. The reps are $150-300 I've found.

- 3rd brake light
I noticed my trunk high mount brake light (3rd) has some LEDs out and a hairline crack. I figured I'd go for OEM, found out that the w211 E63 one is actually cheaper to buy new than the E55 one. For example, FCPEuro has them for about $114 and $175 respectively. Alternatively, I am considering going with the DEPO clear lens third brake light, as I think once I add the E63 spoiler, may look too busy with the red. Anybody have any pics of a silver car with clear third lamp? I tried to search but tough to find...

- headlamps
The headlamps are a bit cloudy and I've tried hand polishing to no avail. I need to have professionally polished and sealed, but have also read that it is easy enough to swap the lenses, however I have also read the eBay lenses are terrible, and OEM hard to find.....
Additionalyl besides the faded lens, I think I am running the original bulbs and want to swap to more of a new-style white output Xenon. I have read that with the active xenons that you really need to be careful when swapping bulbs and it's not as easy as just a quick swap.. does anybody have a detailed DIY or should I bite the bullet and have dealer do it? the last thing I want to do is screw up some of the 17 year old mechanical in the headlight...
I am thinking of going with the OSRAM CBA for a nice pure white look, not too blue not too yellow...

- Fog Lamps
My fog lamp lenses have some road scars but still function normally. I usually like to run yellow fog lights for bad weather, but dont want to run HIDs etc since the old wiring will likely not like that. I did find online some projector lights that could swap in, which would allow me to get a good light output from the fog lamp however once again I am wary of the old wiring not liking a new setup...
Old 02-06-2020, 04:28 PM

Looks like I spoke too soon. My one fog lamp got busted after driving on the highway the other day, so now that needs to be replaced. Might as well replace both so they match... found AutohuasAZ has the two for about $300 total. I'd rather stick with OEM as the cheaper ones usually have crappy glass...

At least it hasn't started leaking anywhere else!!
Old 02-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
next on the list:

- e63 OEM trunk spoiler.
Dealer wants $500. trying to located a cheaper OEM one. The ones I have seen that are replicas don't appear to line up as well as OEM, and I like things to be pretty perfect. The reps are $150-300 I've found.

- 3rd brake light
I noticed my trunk high mount brake light (3rd) has some LEDs out and a hairline crack. I figured I'd go for OEM, found out that the w211 E63 one is actually cheaper to buy new than the E55 one. For example, FCPEuro has them for about $114 and $175 respectively. Alternatively, I am considering going with the DEPO clear lens third brake light, as I think once I add the E63 spoiler, may look too busy with the red. Anybody have any pics of a silver car with clear third lamp? I tried to search but tough to find...

- headlamps
The headlamps are a bit cloudy and I've tried hand polishing to no avail. I need to have professionally polished and sealed, but have also read that it is easy enough to swap the lenses, however I have also read the eBay lenses are terrible, and OEM hard to find.....
Additionalyl besides the faded lens, I think I am running the original bulbs and want to swap to more of a new-style white output Xenon. I have read that with the active xenons that you really need to be careful when swapping bulbs and it's not as easy as just a quick swap.. does anybody have a detailed DIY or should I bite the bullet and have dealer do it? the last thing I want to do is screw up some of the 17 year old mechanical in the headlight...
I am thinking of going with the OSRAM CBA for a nice pure white look, not too blue not too yellow...

- Fog Lamps
My fog lamp lenses have some road scars but still function normally. I usually like to run yellow fog lights for bad weather, but dont want to run HIDs etc since the old wiring will likely not like that. I did find online some projector lights that could swap in, which would allow me to get a good light output from the fog lamp however once again I am wary of the old wiring not liking a new setup...
I bought one of the cheap OEM rep spoilers on eBay($40) and am really satisfied with the outcome. My body guy had to fix a couple of edges, but it looks great.

You can also see my FCPEuro replacement OEM 3rd brake lamp.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by b16gsr
I bought one of the cheap OEM rep spoilers on eBay($40) and am really satisfied with the outcome. My body guy had to fix a couple of edges, but it looks great.

You can also see my FCPEuro replacement OEM 3rd brake lamp.
Thanks for the pics. Can you link me to the $40 lip? I haven't seen them that cheap but I'd gamble at that price knowing it would need some fixes. My main issue is most of the copy lips has sloppy edges, more rounded when compared to the factory lip, and just doesn't look right to me. Even yours, for example, the lower edge on the side where it meets the tail light - on the E63 it is almost a 90 degree angle, on the replica spoilers it is rounded off....

trying to decide between clear 3rd brake light and just an OEM red replacement. I think the clear would blend in nicely with the silver paint and the spoiler but worried the LED brightness wouldn't match, among other issues....

Last edited by jbaker1121; 02-07-2020 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:55 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Can you link me to the $40 lip? I haven't seen them that cheap but I'd gamble at that price knowing it would need some fixes. My main issue is most of the copy lips has sloppy edges, more rounded when compared to the factory lip, and just doesn't look right to me. Even yours, for example, the lower edge on the side where it meets the tail light - on the E63 it is almost a 90 degree angle, on the replica spoilers it is rounded off....

trying to decide between clear 3rd brake light and just an OEM red replacement. I think the clear would blend in nicely with the silver paint and the spoiler but worried the LED brightness wouldn't match, among other issues....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-03-09-...72.m2749.l2649

Its $58 and when I bought it I had a $15 coupon, so my $40 assumption was wrong. It is I agree, but this one looks the closest for reasonable money. My body guy charged me $100 to finish for me. I was pleased having $150 in it.

I didn't like the exposed look of the diodes on the clear 3rd brake lamp.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by b16gsr
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-03-09-...72.m2749.l2649

Its $58 and when I bought it I had a $15 coupon, so my $40 assumption was wrong. It is I agree, but this one looks the closest for reasonable money. My body guy charged me $100 to finish for me. I was pleased having $150 in it.

I didn't like the exposed look of the diodes on the clear 3rd brake lamp.
Thanks. I am on the fence about seeing the diodes as well, but I think with the spoiler it will blend in nicely compared to the red tail.

I will likely order that one, for that price + paint match and fit I'll have one that fits well for a good price. Thanks for the link...
Old 02-18-2020, 09:38 AM

So I read a thread about fixing the loud supercharger "chirp" and some hesitation when the pulley engages. a $4 bottle of Permatex Valve Grinding Compound dripped between the SC pulley gap and the chirp and hesitation are essentially gone. Love Cheap, easy fixes!

However..Of course, once I fix one thing and I start looking to do some cosmetic-related modifications, a mechanical issue pops up....

Looks like my alternator is dead. Dropped it off at the shop yesterday.... here's what happened:
On Saturday, drove around all day for 3 longer 1+ hour trips.
- On my way home, about 30 minutes in, I get the annoying "convenience functions" disabled. I thought OK, voltage low, no big deal, this battery is same one that died a month ago....
- 5 Minutes later, I get the "voltage low, start motor" message on the COMAND screen. I thought ok, time to shut off the SATNAV and HVAC -- I was 30 min from home at this point but fortunately/coincidentally was near my parent's house (5 min away) so decided I should start heading there or at least get off the highway.
- 1 min from the destination, the dash screen goes red, with the battery light on, then it tells me my brakes are going to fail and to pull over and stop the car immediately, all while beeping at me.
- I figured I had another minute left and made it to my destination safely.... (this may have not been the best idea because once you lose all the power, you lose your brakes!!!)

I had to let it sit for a day but yesterday I went out to go see if it would start and the lock worked fine, and the car didn't seem "dead" but when I went to start it, no go.

So, I hooked it up to ol' reliable (my Jeep) and it only needed a few minutes of juice to turn over.

Visually checked alternator, belt and pulley seemed to be operating normally. No burning smell, etc.

I used the dash screen to get a voltage readout. With the car running (and I could drive it) it was only sitting at 11.4-11.6 volts, but not charging up any further than that. I went for 5 minute drive and it dropped down to 11.2. Let it sit for a few hours (It needed a wash anyway...) and went to start it again, started right up, but wouldn't go past 11.4V while idling/driving.

I read about the potential for the voltage regulator to go bad, but I shared my symptoms with a facebook group, and was told its more likely the alternator itself since there doesnt seem to be any voltage "issues" besides they are low...

I don't have the space or garage to do the alternator myself, and there are a few other items I was thinking of addressing, so off she went to my trusted mechanic...

At least she looks good!

(yes I know "trailer queen" means something else, but I like to say she is a trailer queen for different reasons, lmao)

Last edited by jbaker1121; 02-18-2020 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Ah man! Sounds like my luck. At least you didn’t get stuck out somewhere!
Super clean looks great!
Old 02-18-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by tlambert
Ah man! Sounds like my luck. At least you didn’t get stuck out somewhere!
Super clean looks great!
At least it's hard to be bored. Either driving it fast or tinkering with something, lol.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:13 AM

Well, looks like the alternator is indeed dead. Going to be replacing with a new unit, and "while they're in there" they're going to replace the drive and supercharger belts, idler pulleys, and tensioner pulleys.

The belts were looking a little long in the tooth when it was in the for the gaskets early January, so I was expecting to change them soon anyway.

Hoping it will go at least a couple of months before it's next service but that's life with a 16 year old AMG....

Last edited by jbaker1121; 02-25-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:58 PM

Spoke with my mechanic, the new alternator, drive and SC belts, pullies, are good to go. however, looks like my damn power steering pump and high pressure power steering line are leaking. Might as well swap them out while they have the car!!

At least these money pits are FUN when FUNctional.....
Old 04-08-2020, 04:11 PM

Finally got the car back, just in time to have to swap the summer rubber back on!!

While the shop had the car, put all new belts, pullies...

Motor definitely feels tightened up and pulls a little harder now once clutch kicks in!!

Fingers crossed to last more than a month without another issue.... lol

Had some fun with a modified F80 M3 (loud exhaust, lowered) on the highway in Mexico, pretty close in power but he pulled a bit after 120. Maybe I need more than just a RaceIQ tune.....
Old 04-09-2020, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 259 Likes on 211 Posts
95 SL600
Nothing like a higher mileage AMG to drain the wallet. It will put that trailer to good use.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by cdk4219
Nothing like a higher mileage AMG to drain the wallet. It will put that trailer to good use.
Definitely, and I'm prepared. As lot of this stuff can come up on a lower mile car of the same age. rubber hoses, gaskets, airbags, etc. The PS pump was cracked from temp change apparently. The car also was not driven much for the last few years so once I started driving it daily, as the fall/winter approached, leaks etc were bound to happen - I knew what I was getting into, lol. Still a super clean car, and still a great car for the price range and I've always wanted one.

Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze... I'm sure you feel the same way about your 600!

Last edited by jbaker1121; 04-09-2020 at 09:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jbaker1121 - New E55 Owner Intro Thread