Dealer talking about giving me new car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Dealer talking about giving me new car

Some may have seen my posts here regarding my car stalling intermittently. Usually during extended bumper to bumper traffic. since I got the car in May it has stalled 4 times. Dealer has looked at it twice. They are getting no error codes and have no idea what is causing it. spoke with salesman and said give them one more shot, and if they still can't figure it out, they would switch it out. I'm pissed that It would have to come to this, but give the dealer kudos for stepping up. This is my 5th car from them, and am always treated very well. I've seen other posts on this site where people had their cars in the shop for weeks and weeks at a time, and were forced to try to invoke the lemon law. I didn't even bring that up, they did. The car goes in Wed., so we'll see what happens. I think i'd just prefer they fix my car.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:07 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
I'd say - one heck of a dealer! It's very rare that a dealer would step up like this, let alone initiate the issue.

Hope they can live up to their promise.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC300 sport
I told you to lemon it. :v
Old 07-26-2004, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by dgussin1
I told you to lemon it. :v
Yeah, I know. LOL.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Vic

Let us know what happens. I have also had a stalling problem recently, in that the car has stalled for no apparent reason on three separate occasions.

In my case, however, the dealer is pretty much telling me to F off. I've only bought three cars from them, though!
Old 07-26-2004, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by Vic
Let us know what happens. I have also had a stalling problem recently, in that the car has stalled for no apparent reason on three separate occasions.

In my case, however, the dealer is pretty much telling me to F off. I've only bought three cars from them, though!
Is it in real heavy stop and go traffic? Do you get a check engine light or any other warnings, or does it just die? Does it start up right away? The dealer makes all the difference. I have no doubt my dealer will do the right thing. It's a shame your dealer is giving that attitude. How many attempts have they made to fix it. A car stalling for no reason is a serious safety issue. Remind them of that.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by cte430
Some may have seen my posts here regarding my car stalling intermittently. Usually during extended bumper to bumper traffic. since I got the car in May it has stalled 4 times. Dealer has looked at it twice. They are getting no error codes and have no idea what is causing it. spoke with salesman and said give them one more shot, and if they still can't figure it out, they would switch it out. I'm pissed that It would have to come to this, but give the dealer kudos for stepping up. This is my 5th car from them, and am always treated very well. I've seen other posts on this site where people had their cars in the shop for weeks and weeks at a time, and were forced to try to invoke the lemon law. I didn't even bring that up, they did. The car goes in Wed., so we'll see what happens. I think i'd just prefer they fix my car.

if i were you, i would get the new one
Old 07-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Vic

It just stalls without warning. Once it has done it in the middle of a turn, another time it did it immediately after a turn, and the third time, it did it as I was backing into a parking space.

It's going to the dealer again later this week.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:21 PM

2001 E55 & 1988 BMW M6
Originally Posted by Vic
It just stalls without warning. Once it has done it in the middle of a turn, another time it did it immediately after a turn, and the third time, it did it as I was backing into a parking space.

It's going to the dealer again later this week.
Vic - which dealer are you dealing with... the one in FFX, MD, or ARLG?
Old 07-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Vic

The one in Bethesda.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW M5, Porsche 911, Mercedes-Benz E55
My car once stalled in a parking lot on a hot day while I was "toodling" around at low speed.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:33 PM

Vic-
I'm suprised Euro is being so difficult, I thought you were going to HBL based on your location and I could see them giving you a hard time (although things are changing there). Good luck!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:14 AM
Vic

Turbo2--

In fairness to EuroMotorcars, they have been kind enough, and have always treated me well. In this instance, MBUSA has become involved in my vehicle's repair history due to long-standing problems with the telephone system, alignment, etc. Unfortunately, MBUSA is digging in its heels by claiming that everything is working as intended.

I, of course, find it hard to believe that a $2000 phone is supposed to be unusable or that a performance vehicle is intended to constantly drift toward the right. Now that I've started to have the stalling problem, they are treating me as if I am either hypersensitive, or just plain making it up. They have yet to even hook up the STAR diagnostics to see if it has been stalling or not. I assume that the computer would keep a record of it, although one of the earlier posts makes me think otherwise.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do, but I'm willing to stick with it for now, as I do love the car. Of course, that could change if they continue to make it difficult to have warranty issues addressed properly.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:56 AM

Vic-

Let's hope things work out the best for you.

Good Luck

Lowell
Old 07-29-2004, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by Turbo2
HBL based on your location and I could see them giving you a hard time (although things are changing there). Good luck!

who says things are changing there??!! Are they getting worse, LOL, I REALLY HATE the people there, I have yet to have a good expereince either in MB or Audi sales or service (and have had way too many bad expereinces to believe they're changing!!)! ....
Old 07-29-2004, 11:13 AM

moa4r-

When was the last time you visited HBL Service? They are changing, I never said they were amazing, but they have definetely made a difference since they have changed ownership.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
don't know about that... I had a miserable sales experience w/audi (the guy wasted my time selling me a car that was already sold, then went insane on me when I didn't want to go through with buying a different color car --he would leave me literally 5 missed calls on my cell phone an HOUR for 5 days straight, and would blow up my work and house phones too) and their high pressure finance lady didn't help either... when I finally got my audi, I went over to their service dept and the service guy was a complete jacka** and was being sooooo unhelpful and they wanted to overcharge for reporgramming my doorlocks ($300 lol, when a VAG COM itself costs only $279) ... both these things happened very recently, and don't get me started on their mercedes sales and service....
Old 07-29-2004, 01:18 PM

HBL is still nothing to brag about, but after being bought out by The Penske Auto Group changes are really starting to take place, especially in their service department.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:18 AM

E55
Thumbs down sad...

Just picked up my new 04 E55 yesterday and the car stalled twice right away....just drove it for like 40km.
Both times were in bumper to bumper traffic, but I am also afraid what if it happend in the high speed...this is really a scary issue
Dealer is now taking my car back to find the the prblem, but I doubt if it is possible.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:49 PM

E55
To: CTE430

cte430....have you solve the stalling problem yet?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:12 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
I'm surprised they are willing to go to that...

Do you by any chance have a LX470 that had the rear shocks really low? I think I met you at Pohanka.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Vic

E55_Power--

Small world! That was me at Pohanka. How in the world did you figure that out? As I recall, you were considering an E55 or a 911, and I had just gotten my E55 a few months before.

So far, I'm still happy with the vehicle, although I am quickly losing my patience with MBUSA's attitude. Thankfully, Lexus service visits are much more pleasant, and they actually fix the vehicle!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:19 AM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Small world, isn't it??

Well I looked at the list of cars you have on your sig. I remember you stated that you had a Cayenne and a 911 and was contemplating on an E55 so I just took a wild guess.

We did end up trading in the 01 LX470 for the 04 with TVs in the headrest for my son. Only downside is, he sits behind the passenger seat and the main unit is on the driver's seat so if I want his screen on both have to come on or only the driver's side will be on. Kinda sucks if it's really dark out because there is so much light inside and makes it hard to see in the mirrors.

I have driven my E55 for only 2 days and it is already in the shop for car drifting to the right. My brother picked up my car for me today since I'm in CA for biz, and he called to tell me the car still drifts to the right. I've noticed some people complaining about that and I read your post and noticed the same problem with yours, I wonder if this is going to end up causing a headache since I am one of those "sensitive" drivers that find just about every squeak and defect in the cars I drive.

As for the E55, man this car is just pure SICK!!! I do miss the RS6's handling and braking. The Audi seems like it was more "connected" to the road vs the E55. As for power, my Audi had O.CT chip and Miltek exhaust and the stock E55 still feels like it has more "*****".

Good luck with your E55 and hope all works out...hope to run into you again soon and hopefully it won't be at the Lexus dealer service dept.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Vic

I'll keep an eye out for a silver E55! BTW, I didn't know that they were already delivering 2005 models. Congrats!

As for the drifting, it's still there, and it does get annoying at times. I'm planning to take it back to the dealer soon, as I believe that the rear alignment is off. Assuming the dealer is willing to correct it, I'm plannng to put a set of Michelin PS2s on. I have heard that these tires help with drifting and tramlining issues.

Cheers!
Old 08-06-2004, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Here's the latest. Took the car in beginning of this week and met with the GM, who to her credit took the lead and e-mailed me the week before just to see how things were going (she did not know of the latest stalling). Dealers are so important. What could have been a very stressful situation, It didn't bother me in the least, becasue I knew she would do the right thing. Did I mention she was real cute to? She told me that she would absolutely replace the car, no questions asked. I told her i'd give the service guys one more shot. So, for the second time they increased the idle by about 40 rpm. So far so good, but it could take months. One more time and i'll seek a replacement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer talking about giving me new car