Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: ECUMaster Digital ECU Tuner3 Piggyback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 06:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2009 c63
Do we know if they were able to update that 6 degrees per unit of retard? That's a bit much. Some might want to retard in boost even half a degree per lb of boost. Also the timing advance was confirmed to work? I'm wanting to hear others updates regarding this product.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:55 PM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by djr48312
Do we know if they were able to update that 6 degrees per unit of retard? That's a bit much. Some might want to retard in boost even half a degree per lb of boost. Also the timing advance was confirmed to work? I'm wanting to hear others updates regarding this product.
No, its straight out of the manual: "In case of retarding of the symmetrical signal from the camshaft or crankshaft sensor, a permitted angle equals tothe angle between two consecutive teeth."

The DET3 allows you to control timing by tricking the engine into thinking the crank shaft in in a slightly different position. I'm not sure why in their programing you can only do a full tooth (6*) for retarding timing but it is what it is. I would get a conservative tune with like low teens timing then use the DET to add the remaining timing you need so that you can control it on individual degrees however you like.