Thanks For The Support Guys.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 06:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
Thanks For The Support Guys.

On a personal note, I would like to thank all the MBWorld "old timers" for taking the time to email, IM, or let me know in any way there was a problem on the board.
This may sound a little selfish, but after the YEARS of helping others and sharing on this board, I would have expected the courtesy of a heads up.

THANKS.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just a quick note, I just received an IM from one of the Ferrari Chat members, letting me know of the post there, exactly what I expected here.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:05 AM

2004 E500
This thread reminds me of politics...

...how a slew of folks spin some kind of issue, (fact, rumor, innuendo, etc.) into something which it isn't. It makes for interesting reading, but it really is pathetic at the same time.

I'm glad this situation appears to have been resolved... and it certainly is understandable why it took so long to get feedback from Stephens (to not have reviewed threads in ANY forum for awhile since business issues must always come first).

Unless subsequent facts bear otherwise, I think the forum members who unmercifuly bashed this guy should apologize, or at least refrain from jumping on a bandwagon without all of the facts in hand.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:52 AM

With all respect forums are all about opinions & different views! My opinion is baller was correct in his actions & to inform the community. It appears that he is the victim here! Perhaps if he didn't post his opinion he might not have seen his money or products!

Um noticed that Stephens has returned when it's all been RESOLVED?? Funny that..

What ever happend to the good old money for goods & trust? Sign of the times people!!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:41 AM
Banned

PPPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEE EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! i read this forum everyday and stephens would respond to anything immediately. im sure he has email notify too. its been weeks since this WEAK rebuttal. i too like to mod and stephens was definately a player but after reading ballers problems there isnt a chance in hell id take his stuff for free.

Last edited by Peter B; 08-24-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:40 AM

Ferrari Chat
“I suggest you ascertain the facts before jumping to conclusions. I was pleased to see that NO ONE bothered to contact me regarding the ongoing controversy until the forum admins emailed me today to let me know what was going on”.

MB World
“Just a quick note, I just received an IM from one of the Ferrari Chat members, letting me know of the post there, exactly what I expected here”.

MB World
“I responded because of this; THE ONLY ATTEMPT AT COMMUNICATING WITH ME FROM ANYONE ON THE BOARD”.

(From MB World Admin attached per Stephens reply)

When did it become known Stephens? From an IM from the Ferrari Chat member as stated on the MB World site..OR as per your comments on MB World & Ferrari Chat site, from the MB World Admin???

Or are you suggesting that after all this time they emailed you on the same day??

Hhmm Very Interesting!!
Old 08-26-2004, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Street Tester
Ferrari Chat
“I suggest you ascertain the facts before jumping to conclusions. I was pleased to see that NO ONE bothered to contact me regarding the ongoing controversy until the forum admins emailed me today to let me know what was going on”.

MB World
“Just a quick note, I just received an IM from one of the Ferrari Chat members, letting me know of the post there, exactly what I expected here”.

MB World
“I responded because of this; THE ONLY ATTEMPT AT COMMUNICATING WITH ME FROM ANYONE ON THE BOARD”.

(From MB World Admin attached per Stephens reply)

When did it become known Stephens? From an IM from the Ferrari Chat member as stated on the MB World site..OR as per your comments on MB World & Ferrari Chat site, from the MB World Admin???

Or are you suggesting that after all this time they emailed you on the same day??

Hhmm Very Interesting!!
The post on ferrari Chat was on the same day as the email from board admins, which if you read, you can work out for yourself.
Interesting a newbie on the board jumps in and Isaac (E55 Baller) disappears as soon as I find out what has been posted and respond.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:53 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by stephens
On a personal note, I would like to thank all the MBWorld "old timers" for taking the time to email, IM, or let me know in any way there was a problem on the board.
This may sound a little selfish, but after the YEARS of helping others and sharing on this board, I would have expected the courtesy of a heads up.

THANKS.
I find this quite interesting. You have posted here regularly and I have enjoyed your posts. This controversy has been going on for quite some time and day after day I'm thinking, where's Stephens to answer these charges? Say it isn't so, Joe. But no post. Now, finally you do and are very vague. Not a word about the allegations against you. And by the way, the history of the incident was quite lengthy and extremely detailed. Thanking your supporters is nice, but perhaps a detailed rebuttal?
Old 08-26-2004, 06:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by EWCIII2001
I find this quite interesting. You have posted here regularly and I have enjoyed your posts. This controversy has been going on for quite some time and day after day I'm thinking, where's Stephens to answer these charges? Say it isn't so, Joe. But no post. Now, finally you do and are very vague. Not a word about the allegations against you. And by the way, the history of the incident was quite lengthy and extremely detailed. Thanking your supporters is nice, but perhaps a detailed rebuttal?
I have repsonded in the relevant thread.
I am procluded by the board admins from posting the emails from Isaac that confirm what I have posted, which they have already been provided with.
The facts of relevance are;
Isaac gave the impression that he had been chasing a refund for over 60 days and his only recourse was a credit card charge back, the truth is closer to 2 weeks.
Not only was he refunded by me, he SUBSEQUENTLY claimed a charge back.
Now if this isn't how it occured, why did he request a refund whe he had already processed a chargeback, either way what he did was fraudulent.
Further, he was posting complaints AFTER he had received and acknowledged in writing a refund.
In my communications with Isaac, I had NO IDEA he was going off the deep end, we appeared to be on good terms. I am still trying to fathom his motivation.

The admins are in possesion of communications that substantiate my claims and my integrity on this issue. If it concerns you that much, I'm happy for them to satisfy your curiousity.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:47 AM

2004 E55 tectite grey/charcoal
Stephens

There were several other issues not pertaining to the refund. e55baller claimed that you told him on two occasions that the parts had been shipped and even provided tracking numbers which he stated were bogus. Would you care to address those claims. Even if there was no attempt to perpetrate fraud, it seems that at least it was very poor customer service. You have stated that modding cars is just a hobby for you, but when you place items for sale in the public market the customer expects a certain amount of proffesionalism and customer service.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:21 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by stephens
I have repsonded in the relevant thread.
I am procluded by the board admins from posting the emails from Isaac that confirm what I have posted, which they have already been provided with.
The facts of relevance are;
Isaac gave the impression that he had been chasing a refund for over 60 days and his only recourse was a credit card charge back, the truth is closer to 2 weeks.
Not only was he refunded by me, he SUBSEQUENTLY claimed a charge back.
Now if this isn't how it occured, why did he request a refund whe he had already processed a chargeback, either way what he did was fraudulent.
Further, he was posting complaints AFTER he had received and acknowledged in writing a refund.
In my communications with Isaac, I had NO IDEA he was going off the deep end, we appeared to be on good terms. I am still trying to fathom his motivation.

The admins are in possesion of communications that substantiate my claims and my integrity on this issue. If it concerns you that much, I'm happy for them to satisfy your curiousity.
Ah, sorry. I'll read through the other thread. Only a matter of interest to me in that I hate to see a board member wronged. But one obviously needs to get both sides of a story to determine just who that person is.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Banned

real f ing simple... what happened to the bogus tracking #'s, why did 60+ emails go unanswered and was product ever shipped???
Old 08-26-2004, 09:08 PM

2004 E500
Originally Posted by Peter B
real f ing simple... what happened to the bogus tracking #'s, why did 60+ emails go unanswered and was product ever shipped???
Do you have those 60+ emails and tracking #'s? One thing's for sure - if someone is spamming me about some issue which I think is a crock, I ain't gonna answer ANY of them.

Like EWCIII2001 said, there are always two sides to every story!