Sponsored by:

My 05 E55 AMG Just came in today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
My 05 E55 AMG Just came in today

My 05 E55 just arrived to the Mercedes Dealer today, I just picked it up today. I had a 2002 E55 and it was fast but everything that I read on this site says that the 03-05 models are extremly fast. The car is Brilliant Silver Metallic/Charcoal Options Include- lighting package, ventilated seats, distronic, COMAND, Trunk Closer, CD changer, Keyless Go, Parktronic, Dynamic Driving seats, Tire pressure monitoring, and Power rear window shade. The car came to me with 13 miles on it and I can already tell that it is going to be a great car. Give me some imput.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:37 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
Doesnt look like you missed too many options there! Congrats on the loaded monster. I have never driven one, yet. You will be in heaven I'm sure. I had an ML55 and thought that was fast, hmph, I guess you will see when you can really get on it. Looks like a lot of 55 owners out west here.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:47 PM

Thanks Noredline

Thanks Noredline, yes your right there seems to be a large number of owner here in the West. Correct me if im wrong but under your profile it states that you drive a 2005 E55, and you wrote that you hadent driven one, its no problem I was just wondering. Thanks for the response.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:09 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Talking

My experience? All I can say is that the grin on my face keeps getting wider! 859 break-in miles so far, 141 to go . Even in C trans mode & 4500 rpm limit, this thing has some impressive thrust. Can't wait to put my foot into it seriously! :v BTW, congrats on the new arrival & enjoy!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:36 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
Correct, I actually am still driving my 04 Cayenne Turbo, but signed paperwork today on my 05 55. I am going to Colorado to pick it up on Friday, and will drive home this weekend. I cannot wait!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Noredline
Correct, I actually am still driving my 04 Cayenne Turbo, but signed paperwork today on my 05 55. I am going to Colorado to pick it up on Friday, and will drive home this weekend. I cannot wait!!!
Ohh how do you like your Cayenne Turbo, I just got mini about 2 months ago. Its really quick to sixtie, and has a really fast high speed.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
I also "upgraded" from an '02 E55 to the W211... I loved the idea of a ridiculously quick, yet classy, refined, and luxurious mid size sedan. My former E55 was pretty quick, but by today's standards no real beast. I've found that the W211 improves on basically everything the W210 had to offer and then some. I am extremely happy with my purchase and look forward to many happy miles tearing around the streets (responsibly, of course!)

-m
Old 09-22-2004, 04:43 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
AMG1- I like the Cayenne a lot! I swear though, it doesnt "jump" like my ML55 used to from the line, or from a roll. The Cayenne is faster though overall. I took it on a trip to San Diego from Phoenix a few weeks ago, and was able to maintain about 100mph through the canyons on the 8. Very smooth, it handles speed like a champ, and gets lots of looks of curiosity still. I bought it because my wife had a CLK320 and we needed a good sized 4-door. It was the only SUV that was better than my ML55. Three weeks after I got the TT, she got a job transfer to our side of town, selling real estate in the desert. She went out and got herself a monster H2 Hummer. I am selling the TT because, had I known the future, I would have started with the E55. I have been wanting one since they came out with more power.

Marcus- Congrats on the upgrade, I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with it from actual seat time. I am still finding it hard to imagine how it will feel to have that much power at my disposal.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:55 PM

Im glad you like the Cayenne also.

Originally Posted by Noredline
AMG1- I like the Cayenne a lot! I swear though, it doesnt "jump" like my ML55 used to from the line, or from a roll. The Cayenne is faster though overall. I took it on a trip to San Diego from Phoenix a few weeks ago, and was able to maintain about 100mph through the canyons on the 8. Very smooth, it handles speed like a champ, and gets lots of looks of curiosity still. I bought it because my wife had a CLK320 and we needed a good sized 4-door. It was the only SUV that was better than my ML55. Three weeks after I got the TT, she got a job transfer to our side of town, selling real estate in the desert. She went out and got herself a monster H2 Hummer. I am selling the TT because, had I known the future, I would have started with the E55. I have been wanting one since they came out with more power.

Marcus- Congrats on the upgrade, I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with it from actual seat time. I am still finding it hard to imagine how it will feel to have that much power at my disposal.
Yes your right. The Cayenne is very fast from a rolling speed. I just bought my girlfriend a Cayenne S and that car is not nearly as fast as my Turbo.
Thanks for the response.