W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble in Paradise ?? so much for 15 car lengths anytime soon!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Cool Trouble in Paradise ?? so much for 15 car lengths anytime soon!!!

please note the following posts to the M5 website:
1. Have an official PDF-document from BMW Sweden confirming that the 8 of January 2005 launch date cannot be reached. There will be no cars bult before Februarry 2005.

2. How did they get the DME to work in the demo/press cars? If they are having problems, shouldn't it be with all the cars?

3. Heard, that the problem might not only be a problem with SMG but with the engine itself too.
As far as I know, single engines blewed up and they are afraid that this happened because of the high rpm of more than 8200. At the moment they are doing tests and analysing data saved in the logs of the blown up engines.

I'm a little bit confused now, because both statements (SMG / engine) came from different sources so I don't know which one to trust or even both!? But I'm trying to collect more information from a 1st-class source over the weekend.

Fifteen car lengths ?? The Dan Rather wannabee just had his Scoop story crapped on!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
been discussed before

the V10 revs like theres no tomorrow but I am sure the engineers at BMW have figured a way to get around the durability issue
Old 09-24-2004, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Like they did with the E46 M3? 20,000 of 26,000 having rod bearings replaced? You give BMW engineers too much credit (not that MB is perfect either).

-m
Former '04 M3 6-Speed owner.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Thumbs down M5 beta release

Yeah I think they're still working hard to find a solution which is why there is no official launch date yet. It is frustrating as they have delayed it many times.

But hey, what do you expect, F1 technology right. F1 engines are not known to be reliable!

I'm getting quite tired of all this dirty marketing hype, M5 concept, M5 press release, yet no M5 to consumers. But then, looking at the past challenges of the M5 clutches and M3 engines, it's better for BMW to get things right from the beginning.

Perhaps I should put my name down for the E63 AMG or 997TT instead!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:09 AM

Its funny to read all rumours. None knows for sure and when something is delayed everyone making up excuses that bmw are crappy cars.

And comparing a F1 car to a streetcar is pathetic, they have nothing to do with each other.

And I dont see the problems if the car is delayed. Why relese a car that is not reliable, better fix it first and then relese the car.

Last edited by Just_me; 09-24-2004 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Like they did with the E46 M3? 20,000 of 26,000 having rod bearings replaced? You give BMW engineers too much credit (not that MB is perfect either).

-m
Former '04 M3 6-Speed owner.
the M5 has a far shorter stroke than the M3 thats how they rev to 19000+rpm in F1 so this is a good step in reliabilty. Theres nothing new about delays either, in general if there are no delays it mean that nothing is being done to improve the car or they aren't doing proper testing because theres always problems and there should be if your pushing technology especially a brand new engine and transmission. Lucky for warrantys though....that is if its a valid problem.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by Just_me
And I dont see the problems if the car is delayed. Why relese a car that is not reliable, better fix it first and then relese the car.
Of course you don't see a problem, you were never going to get one.

At least we agree on one thing, that is they better fix the damn unreliable car ASAP.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by W210
and how do you know that and it sure dont have anything to do with the topic. Discuss bmw problems not me.

Last edited by Just_me; 09-24-2004 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Off topic!

and how do you know that and it sure dont have anything to do with the topic. Discuss bmw problems not me.
Hello? Read again, the problem is the delay which is frustrating to every single M5 owner on the list.

Anyway, there is not much to discuss besides the disappointment with the delay, we were expecting to see some real numbers for a healthy comparison, if not at least a date on when we can test drive the thing. Besides trying your best to defend everything BMW, do you have any ideas on when the car will be released in North America?

I have not met a serious M5 buyer who does not mind the repeated delays. I'm frankly rather sick of hearing the preaching from BMW spectators reciting magazine editors' experience, without getting a first hand test drive myself. Too many internet cyber test drivers so content forming passionate opinions on cars without having driven one.

Sure, you can be perfectly happy to see BMW slowly fixing up the rumoured reliability issues but like most others on the M5 waiting list, I find it rather disappointing and wish BMW would get on to its act quickly. Having serious drive train issues this late in the game is not something I welcome.

Why does it matter whether you are planning to buy an M5? It does because I'm putting my money where my mouth is and you're not, you're only engaging in an academic debate to defend your ego and favourite brand. Your opinion may be valuable amongst the BMW royalist vs. MB royalist arguing on the internet, but is completely useless to someone serious about buying the car as myself.

We have very different perspectives so respectfully, I'll let you continue your preaching and shall leave you alone. You're here to defend your brand, I'm here to do my comparative shopping. You will never understand why I may give up on buying the M5 if BMW engineers don't improve on the telematics. I shall never understand why you can love your BMW model so intensively without even seeing it in real life.

Anyway this is getting off topic and is boring others to death.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:22 AM

Hello? Read again, the problem is the delay which is frustrating to every single M5 owner on the list.

Anyway, there is not much to discuss besides the disappointment with the delay, we were expecting to see some real numbers for a healthy comparison, if not at least a date on when we can test drive the thing. Besides trying your best to defend everything BMW, do you have any ideas on when the car will be released in North America?

I have not met a serious M5 buyer who does not mind the repeated delays. I'm frankly rather sick of hearing the preaching from BMW spectators reciting magazine editors' experience, without getting a first hand test drive myself. Too many internet cyber test drivers so content forming passionate opinions on cars without having driven one.

Sure, you can be perfectly happy to see BMW slowly fixing up the rumoured reliability issues but like most others on the M5 waiting list, I find it rather disappointing and wish BMW would get on to its act quickly. Having serious drive train issues this late in the game is not something I welcome.

Why does it matter whether you are planning to buy an M5? It does because I'm putting my money where my mouth is and you're not, you're only engaging in an academic debate to defend your ego and favourite brand. Your opinion may be valuable amongst the BMW royalist vs. MB royalist arguing on the internet, but is completely useless to someone serious about buying the car as myself.

We have very different perspectives so respectfully, I'll let you continue your preaching and shall leave you alone. You're here to defend your brand, I'm here to do my comparative shopping. You will never understand why I may give up on buying the M5 if BMW engineers don't improve on the telematics. I shall never understand why you can love your BMW model so intensively without even seeing it in real life.

Anyway this is getting off topic and is boring others to death.
Trust me, I have driven several cars, not the rat you think I am. And how do we know you even drive a mercedes, its easy to bragg on the internet. So dont go accusing people like you are the man here on the forum and that everyone else is just talking. You have no clue who you're talking to.

If if you think its off-topic why did you even bother to post. it's pretty obvious that you have problems taking critics from others here. You know we all cant think the same so I dont see why you are acting so foolish.
Since you dont want to go off-topic dont bother to answer me. If you have problems with me send a private message.

Edit: dont even bother to send me a private message cause im cancelling my membership here. I now understand why people dont like Mbforums.
Some people seem to live in a dreamworld where mercedes is the perfect car and anything else is thrash. Good luck with your E55, im not here to convince you to buy a M5 instead. So enjoy your car but next time dont act so foolish to other members, learn to respect them.

Last edited by Just_me; 09-24-2004 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:01 AM

Its funny to read all rumours. None knows for sure and when something is delayed everyone making up excuses that bmw are crappy cars.

And comparing a F1 car to a streetcar is pathetic, they have nothing to do with each other.

IT WAS funny to read your bullcrapp defending pure
RUMORS here about how M5 beat E55 in Autocar with BS numbers thrown left and right. THey should ban you , clown. Guess what moron, to follow your logic, M5 is pushed back because they cant make it faster than E55 and according to you bmw would never release M5 that is slower than E55. After numerous delays I guess they will have to release it just barely matching E55 and call it a day.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:09 AM

At least we agree on one thing, that is they better fix the damn unreliable car ASAP.

I dont know why would you waste your time with someone who would probably not know what to do with the steering wheel. Whats important is that its Friday and as you know Autocar with bogus numbers that this moron was proclaming here as the reason for anyone with E55 to accept them are very surprizinly not here. I'm sure if BMW pushes back M5 for another year they may be able to make it match E55 but E55 may be capable of flight by that time so why bother?

Do you remember the pic of M5 in one of hte mags with black background, flames and "from hell" motif?? Guess what its still there and BMW engineers are trying to pull it out of htere.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4

and so do all the other M5/E55 threads
Old 09-24-2004, 10:49 AM

Thumbs down

I agree with you