Sponsored by:

Parting 03 E55 chassis

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C320 300CE 560SEC
Parting 03 E55 chassis

I am parting an 03 E55 the engine/trans are going in a C wagon. The car was a very light hit on the left front and the guy I bought it from took the front seats, rear exhaust wheels/tires rear bumper lights and both right doors!

This car has been sitting fr several years but when I got it it ran and there were no active faults. The brakes, front/rear subframes and suspension are in good shape, the dash is nice the sheet metal is good modules/wire harnesses, plastic widgets fuel tank less pumps brake master and SBS pump let me know if there are any little dodads or major parts you may need. I hate to throw away stuff others my need. The body is white the interior was black and all 4 door panels are there in good shape.

Steve
Old 12-03-2022, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Steve what state are you in?
Old 12-03-2022, 12:59 AM

Well that would help,

The car is in Hutchinson, Ks that is about 50 miles NW of Wichita. I will take some pics in the AM

Steve
The following users liked this post:
tlambert (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 01:40 PM

It is a balmy 31 here right now so pics are delayed. As mentioned in the above the 'choice body parts' are gone and the drive line is commited to my project. The front/rear suspension and brakes are the big prize here BUT, as I said I would like to offer up that odd piece of body/chassis plastic or bracket you may want or need. I have wiring for what ever projects you may have some interior trim is in great shape some was broken when the prior parties took stuff out. I would rather someone use the stuff than throw it out,

Tim,

I don't know where the car lived BUT I bought it from a guy in up state SC near Greenville. I looked at your recon link, enjoyed the transformation, I love that color, you set a high bar.

Steve
Old 12-03-2022, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I’m interested in your project swap so post up when you get started and take LOTS of pics for reference you’ll be glad you did. I’ll follow along and watch for sure, I like these type of projects or any really. There’s a lot of very smart guys here that could help out I know, me excluded I’m just a dumb ol body man. Lol.

Yeah you’re a little ways from me. I’m in Cola SC. About 2hrs south of Greenville.

I could use a hood for another E55 project, but shipping one would be costly and probably get damaged. Was hoping to find one close.

Thanks for checking out my thread and the good word. I appreciate it.
I wish more people would show their projects here and what they’re involved in. Seems like the automotive forums are dying. Too easy now to upload on social media and they don’t have to talk to anyone…….Lol Although I have a CLK55 that we’re doing a 113k swap that I haven’t posted about.

OH and it’s 70 here today. Hahahhahaha. The cold is coming though I’m sure
Old 12-04-2022, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG Sedan
M113K in a C Wagon sounds like an awesome project!

Are you willing to box and ship smaller parts at buyer's expense? I'm picking up an E55 that needs a bunch of small stuff like the center A/C vent, sun visors, 3rd brake light lens, R front bumper trim, possibly a steering wheel, and probably other small stuff. I'm in Hawaii.

Old 12-04-2022, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by 808_E55
M113K in a C Wagon sounds like an awesome project!

Are you willing to box and ship smaller parts at buyer's expense? I'm picking up an E55 that needs a bunch of small stuff like the center A/C vent, sun visors, 3rd brake light lens, R front bumper trim, possibly a steering wheel, and probably other small stuff. I'm in Hawaii.
Yes,

I would like to see the stuff go to folks that need it. I have been on both sides of the weird /insignificant part issue. That said, as a car is taken apart it grows in size, I don't have unlimited space. The car is in the middle of nowhere as far as Mercedes used parts go. This is truck country. That and how many 211 cars need a rear clip or even a quarter these days?

As for shipping, little things that fit in flat rate boxes are fine but, for anyone east of the 11 western states Fastenall offers a great shipping service that can move palletize parts from store to store very reasonably.

I just took these pics of the dash, as you can see there is wear on the top of the wheel and it is really dirty. Most of the interior stuff is dusty because it sat with the right doors off for several years in my shop that while indoors is more of a barn than a nice clean garage.

Old 12-04-2022, 02:59 PM

Here is a pic I took of the car as I was getting in place.
Old 12-05-2022, 01:48 PM

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
04 E55 AMG BLK/BLK(MyDD), 06 CLK 500 (wife's) 07 ML500, 2012 C300(son's)