W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Tasos Moschatos engine builder in UAE: Workshop Fire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2023 | 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Tasos Moschatos engine builder in UAE: Workshop Fire

Some of you guys may know Tasos for his incredible AMG engine building skills.

Well just wanted to make everyone aware the shop where he works burnt down yesterday.

One person (Mpho) in hospital recovering - and just wanted to pass on our best wishes Tasos - you are an inspiration to us all.
The following users liked this post:
Bigg Willi (09-26-2023)
Old 09-07-2023 | 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Wow that’s terrible. Hopefully everything works out for him.
Old 09-07-2023 | 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 CLS55 AMG W219 C219
I noticed the videos on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/@TasosMoschatos

Old 09-09-2023 | 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
He’s a great follow on YouTube, hoping for the best possible outcome for him and everyone involved!

if you don’t follow Tasos, his videos on valve cover sealing are the best around. Not a single oil leak after following his advice.
The following users liked this post:
Bigg Willi (09-26-2023)
Old 05-03-2024 | 03:59 AM

G63 AMG
Hi all,
Does anyone knows the location and the contact number of Tasos workshop in Dubai?

Originally Posted by stevebez
Some of you guys may know Tasos for his incredible AMG engine building skills.

Well just wanted to make everyone aware the shop where he works burnt down yesterday.

One person (Mpho) in hospital recovering - and just wanted to pass on our best wishes Tasos - you are an inspiration to us all.
Old 05-03-2024 | 11:36 AM

07' E63
Hey Tasos! I have great appreciation for you and your team there and hope you recover soon! Without your video showing detail as to how to repair the Cam Shaft Adjusters on my W211 M156 E63, I might not have had the inclination to take them apart only to find that some bonehead before me had installed the Center COG backwards! Moreover, my Passenger Intake CA was installed on the Exhaust and visa versa! I don't need to tell you that this made it impossible to properly Connect it to the Camshaft as the hole on that side of the inner Cog is smaller (as it is sized to receive the Cam Bolt, not the Cam Shaft, obviously bigger) so when attempting to tighten the bolt, I could see that the cam was restricted from entering that opening where the Diamond Washer is! As such, since the Adjuster could not be seated against the Cam, this meant the Adjuster sat further away from the Cam and therefore did not align with the Drive Sprocket below! Before seeing your video, I actually bought 2 CA’s, but after seeing your video, I initially took both Passenger side CA’s apart (as it was this side which both CA’s had been put back together incorrectly) and was able to fix the offending problem! I then returned the CA’s ($700 each)! For good measure, I also flipped the Barrel Pins and did same for the Driver Side CA’s. I will be replacing the Backing Plates of each very soon as well as I clearly saw wear at the location of that pin on all 4 CA’s, but they nevertheless have been operating suitably well ever since!
Old 05-04-2024 | 08:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by E63007
Hey Tasos! I have great appreciation for you and your team there and hope you recover soon! Without your video showing detail as to how to repair the Cam Shaft Adjusters on my W211 M156 E63, I might not have had the inclination to take them apart only to find that some bonehead before me had installed the Center COG backwards! Moreover, my Passenger Intake CA was installed on the Exhaust and visa versa! I don't need to tell you that this made it impossible to properly Connect it to the Camshaft as the hole on that side of the inner Cog is smaller (as it is sized to receive the Cam Bolt, not the Cam Shaft, obviously bigger) so when attempting to tighten the bolt, I could see that the cam was restricted from entering that opening where the Diamond Washer is! As such, since the Adjuster could not be seated against the Cam, this meant the Adjuster sat further away from the Cam and therefore did not align with the Drive Sprocket below! Before seeing your video, I actually bought 2 CA’s, but after seeing your video, I initially took both Passenger side CA’s apart (as it was this side which both CA’s had been put back together incorrectly) and was able to fix the offending problem! I then returned the CA’s ($700 each)! For good measure, I also flipped the Barrel Pins and did same for the Driver Side CA’s. I will be replacing the Backing Plates of each very soon as well as I clearly saw wear at the location of that pin on all 4 CA’s, but they nevertheless have been operating suitably well ever since!
​​​​​​​Tasos has a new facility I think since last year, he is recovering very well : )
Old 05-04-2024 | 09:08 AM

G63 AMG
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Tasos has a new facility I think since last year, he is recovering very well : )
​​​​​​​Can anyone send the new location or the contact number please?
Old 05-04-2024 | 09:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
If you have the old contact number it might be the same, otherwise you might need to ask him directly on youtube or something but he has been in the new facility since 7 months or so ago. You might also want to post your post you posted earlier on his youtube channel as well, don't post links as the youtube algorithm doesn't like that. Otherwise I don't really think Tasos frequent if at all the forums.