Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wood Trim Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wood Trim Replacement

Just wanted to see if anyone can help me with a problem I have. I received my car in june and found that there was a chip in the center console wood trim. I asked them to have it replaced and they said ok... The mercedes benz dealership told me that it would take approx. 6-8 weeks for the wood trim to come... after many months of waiting the wood trim finally came but they said it was damaged so they had to order a new one... I waited some more and they finally got another one in... They installed it but the wood pattern was different and the color was slightly off... I asked them to order one that would match the rest of the wood trim in the car and they said ok... I went to the parts department myself to see if they actually were ordering the part among other parts that were supposed to be ordered. The guy said he found a part that matched the wood trim I in my car... I said great I looked at it and it did to the T... They later called me up while they were installing it and said it was made for a stick shift car not an automatic... They also told me that they could not order one that would match my wood trim... and i was stuck with the one I had... Before this problem they assured me that there would be no problem matching the wood trim... now there is a problem... but how could there be a problem if there was one made for a stick model and not an automatic model... that wood trim matched to the T... Looking for advice... I was just going to have them put the old one back on because I would rather have it match than not match... but is it ok to have a small chip in the wood trim... what to do?

Rol
Old 11-18-2004, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't take that!

The bottom line is that you paid roughly $80k for a Mercedes-Benz as well as Mercedes-Benz's world-class service. You tell them this: "Look, I paid good money for my car under the impression that I would recieve what I was told that I would recieve. Under the instance that you cannot provide that, you have broken a contract of sale. I want my trim to be replaced and matched exactly...no exceptions." Tell them that if they have to replace the trim in your entire car then so be it, but make sure they fix it and REALLY make sure that you don't pay one cent for it. I'm aware that it happens to all car companies, but MB is really starting to **** me off. My service center up until a few weeks ago has been no less than perfect but after a few recent problems with my car, they've been trying to stick it to me. I figure MB has extremely deep pockets and they don't feel a thing if they do something as little as fixing my radio or replacing your trim. Sure, they have to do this for thousands of cars around the country, but they cushion their budget to compensate. And they compensate a LOT. As far as my opinion goes, don't take it up the a$$ and show 'em whose boss. You paid good $$ for your car, you expect it to be flawless when it arrives, and if it isn't, the least MB can do is fix it...
Old 11-18-2004, 09:36 AM

Wood trim

Your right thanks... I am going to talk mercedes benz today... this just does not sit well with me... Thanks for your input... I'll keep you posted...
Old 11-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by ems211
Before this problem they assured me that there would be no problem matching the wood trim...
That is a pretty brave statement they made there...knowing that the woodgrain and color varies a lot between one month and another...in order to get a close match you might be better of with a used part then with a new part. No matter what kind of woodpanel you get replaced, chances are big that either the color, the grain or both are slightly off.
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
The bottom line is that you paid roughly $80k for a Mercedes-Benz ...
80k USD is not that much for a car...cars in the US happen to be deadcheap...however...if you pay 3-5 times that much and get a Maybach from mercedes, you get some spare tree to go with the car in case one of the woodpanels ever needs to be replaced...just to make sure that the color and grain will match...an 80k USD car does not come with a spare tree...

greetingz,
Old 11-18-2004, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Steve, you comin back to LA anytime soon? The Euro headunit sounds a lot more appealing now that someone mentioned that it has bluetooth. If so can I drop buying the Sony Ericsson bluetooth kit I was planning on getting and just use my phone with the Euro headunit right?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Yes you can Eleanore Owner. The E398 will work fine.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
The Euro headunit sounds a lot more appealing now that someone mentioned that it has bluetooth.
I will be in the LA area soon BUT the MB bleutooth is nothing like the bluetooth you hope it is!!!

greetingz,
Old 11-19-2004, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Yes you can Eleanore Owner. The E398 will work fine.
Thanks, good lookin out!

Originally Posted by MbenzNL
I will be in the LA area soon BUT the MB bleutooth is nothing like the bluetooth you hope it is!!!
So I guess I should just opt for the SE kit either way, eh?