W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

AnY negotiating On E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2004 | 02:53 AM
Almost a Member!

AnY negotiating On E55?

Hey wsup every body this is my first thread in the e55 room. I'm helping out to get the best price for my friend he is very interesting in getting one. When i got my mb c230k 04 i got a great deal on the car. Would you guys think i can do the same on the e55 amg because its a car that cost 3 or 4 times as much? if so what are the prices that you guys have got out there?
Old 11-18-2004 | 04:09 AM

I can't speak very well for the E55 but those cars typically go for MSRP or higher. C230k's are in high inventory at most dealers so they will sell at invoice or lower. Since the E55's (and even some C55s for that matter) are rare and often are not in stock - they will command a higher price to reflect the market's demand.

I suggest you look at carsdirect.com and edmunds.com's True Market Value calculator to get an idea as to what a good price is for these cars.
Old 11-18-2004 | 07:54 AM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by JC C230K
Hey wsup every body this is my first thread in the e55 room. I'm helping out to get the best price for my friend he is very interesting in getting one. When i got my mb c230k 04 i got a great deal on the car. Would you guys think i can do the same on the e55 amg because its a car that cost 3 or 4 times as much? if so what are the prices that you guys have got out there?
there was just a thread on this in the last week or 2 and i think that everyone minus one person said they paid MSRP, the other said they got 1000 off.

Problem is, these are great cars and dealers only get a few allocations and it appears as if they have no problem selling them.
Old 11-18-2004 | 10:24 AM

2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by DRCrowder
there was just a thread on this in the last week or 2 and i think that everyone minus one person said they paid MSRP, the other said they got 1000 off.

Problem is, these are great cars and dealers only get a few allocations and it appears as if they have no problem selling them.
That's exactly what it is. What you may want to do is find a dealer that has one sitting on his showroom floor for a while. THEN maybe you can get a deal. I was lucky and able to negotiate for the 1k off, and I think someone has been able to get more off but has a history of getting more higher end benzes.

Like the above people said, the C230 is a high volume car, and to move them, they can cut the price, where in contrast each dealer might get 1 or 2 E55's a month.

If you are in Cal, then I think MSRP is the best you can do. If you are in the northeast, then you will pay MSRP, or just slightly less, unless you find the right situation as mentioned above.
Old 11-18-2004 | 10:30 AM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
There are other ways to negotiate. I had them throw in a significant number of accessories and I got them to agree to replace the crappy conti's
Old 11-18-2004 | 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
I got a little below MSRP. I would say $1000 at the max if any dealers are willing to negoitiate. But MSRP is the lowest many will go to.
Old 11-18-2004 | 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
I thought if one is willing to wait, one will likely get at MSRP. I believe MarcuzBenz could do at MSRP.

Trending Topics

Old 11-18-2004 | 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Marcus could do MSRP, Fletcher Jones, or Laguna Niguel could do MSRP. They seem to be the big players in the Southern California region. I really dont think anyone can come close to what these guys offer in terms of deals.
Old 11-18-2004 | 04:48 PM

2005 E 55 Amg
I had a total of $2200 off MSRP and many accessories thrown in. Then the sales person came back from her managers office and said woops I forgot to add the $1700 gas guzzlers tax. The contract was already signed she was basically just waiting for my approval to add the tax to the totaled invoice. Well she was hot as hell and my knees got week and I gave in. What an buffoon I am. At least I negotiated $500 off and some free accessories. I'm have two days to decide on color ( leaning towards obsidian black ) and am still thinking of ways to use my gift to her as leverage later. Maybe a free Sirius satellite install.

Joe
Old 11-18-2004 | 05:06 PM
Almost a Member!

04 E55 AMG
1750 off MSRP (took delivery in June)
Old 11-18-2004 | 05:57 PM

2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by Gunite
I had a total of $2200 off MSRP and many accessories thrown in. Then the sales person came back from her managers office and said woops I forgot to add the $1700 gas guzzlers tax. The contract was already signed she was basically just waiting for my approval to add the tax to the totaled invoice. Well she was hot as hell and my knees got week and I gave in. What an buffoon I am. At least I negotiated $500 off and some free accessories. I'm have two days to decide on color ( leaning towards obsidian black ) and am still thinking of ways to use my gift to her as leverage later. Maybe a free Sirius satellite install.

Joe
She got you good. Guzzler tax is now listed together with the sticker price of the car. Nowhere on my bill of sale will you see a mention of guzzler.
Old 11-19-2004 | 01:52 AM
Almost a Member!

ok.. good feed back from every body.

I have a story for you guys.. i went to the oakland mercedes where i purchased my c230k. I was with my friend walking around in the show room, he was ready to buy, but unfortunatly they sold the e55 already. We had the most retarded sales person ever. Omg he started telling us about how he is such a great sales person. Then he started yabbling about how he was from another mercedes dealship and they wanted him here for his help. i was sitting there thinking to my self dood when is he going to take our money.... Soo after 30 mins later he then goes ok ima do some research to find your car... good bye.. OMG wtf.. is this how it works for e55amg's? they do research? can't you just put down a deposit with the options you want and in a couple months its ready? please tell me how long did it take to get your vehicle? and did it take a long time or not?
Old 11-19-2004 | 04:17 AM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0

I have a story for you guys.. i went to the oakland mercedes where i purchased my c230k. I was with my friend walking around in the show room, he was ready to buy, but unfortunatly they sold the e55 already. We had the most retarded sales person ever. Omg he started telling us about how he is such a great sales person. Then he started yabbling about how he was from another mercedes dealship and they wanted him here for his help. i was sitting there thinking to my self dood when is he going to take our money.... Soo after 30 mins later he then goes ok ima do some research to find your car... good bye.. OMG wtf.. is this how it works for e55amg's? they do research? can't you just put down a deposit with the options you want and in a couple months its ready? please tell me how long did it take to get your vehicle? and did it take a long time or not?
Ordered 10/09/04 should take delivery around 12/22
Old 11-19-2004 | 10:48 AM
Almost a Member!

04 E55 AMG
Ordered late Feb '04, delivery 6/1/04
Old 11-19-2004 | 12:21 PM

I guess you are from around my area also. We bought our C55 just recently from Wout Stokman at Autobahn Mercedes. He was a great dealer and the dealership itself is a very nice place. I highly recommend him.

As for Oakland - they house some of the worst dealerships I have been to. The sales pitches are straight from a used car sales lot and the rudeness and arrogance are incredibly unfounded. I called them about a C55 and they wanted 70k for it and I asked to talk about pricing on the phone and they refused. Everyone else was willing to discuss pricing via the phone (I'm a physician and have very little time to go to a dealership during their open hours) since my wife and I live in Menlo Park.

My guess is that you might want to try Autobahn, Beshoff, Smythe and RAB. We've had good experiences there - but the best has been Autobahn and RAB.