Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black car with blackedout grill?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sspray, you are the man. could you photoshop the white house to look like the 2010 e55???
Old 12-13-2004, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Peter B
sspray, you are the man. could you photoshop the white house to look like the 2010 e55???

Too easy.
Got anything harder?
Old 12-16-2004, 03:55 AM

E55
Cool Grille and Rims

Originally Posted by vrus
That looks pretty cool!!! The picture on my website shows the emblem on the hood, but I since then put the flat hood emblem like your photochop.

I think I am going to black out the grill and try and find a way to get rid of the chrome accents in the bumpers. I prefer the clean black look rather than having chrome strips in the bumpers.

Thanks for the photoshop jobs guys!
Check our this grille below from formymercedes.com. I think it will look great on your car! I have a black 2005 E55 and I just installed mine and getting many compliments. The Grille is not all black, but the Merc Logo built in is the best around, big and beefy and very high quality. Also highly recommend their Aluminum Door Pins (ask for ones with AMG logo) and Aluminum Pedals.

http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_resu...tegory=Grilles

As far as the wheels. If anyone is serious, I found these for sale on ebay. 19" Titan Grey AMG Mercedes 2-PC double spoke wheels. They are being sold with the Pilot Sport A/S Tires which I would ask to be swapped for the PS2. Package it pricey but they look great. I'm getting them in the summer.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Rev It Up
Check our this grille below from formymercedes.com. I think it will look great on your car! I have a black 2005 E55 and I just installed mine and getting many compliments. The Grille is not all black, but the Merc Logo built in is the best around, big and beefy and very high quality. Also highly recommend their Aluminum Door Pins (ask for ones with AMG logo) and Aluminum Pedals.

http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_resu...tegory=Grilles
Rev It Up,

I appreciate the info but I have come across that grill already... It is a little too much for my tastes. I actually dont like seeing the big Merc emblem in the grill like that and prefer the more subtle look.

Thanks anyways.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
Watch out if you're going to have the chrome on your impact strips painted. Two reasons. First, if you do it and don't paint the chrome trim anywhere else on the car, you're going to have an 0ff-balance paint job and somethings gonna look screwy. The second reason is that a tech. at CEC (which is a pretty damn good bodywork shop) was telling me how incredibly hard it is to paint those strips let alone take them off. Make sure you find someone good to do it if you get it done. Other than that, good luck and I can't wait to see it!
Hmm... Thanks for the heads-up.. I am not sure what the procedure is for doing this. I was going to talk to my rep when I take my car in for the SBS recall.