Sponsored by:

Evo Stage 2+ pics...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Stage 2+ pics...

Havent seen the package before so for those wondering what they look like here you go. I also got the resonator by-pass pipes (same steel thickness as factory piping) and thermal spacers.
Attached Thumbnails Evo Stage 2+ pics...-1.jpg   Evo Stage 2+ pics...-2.jpg   Evo Stage 2+ pics...-3.jpg   Evo Stage 2+ pics...-4.jpg  

Last edited by Peter B; 12-29-2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Glad to see it is a stealth install. My delership will never notice that.....
Old 12-29-2004, 03:27 PM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Schiznick
Since when are MB owners concerned about being stealthy as to not wanting to show what they have? :v
Old 12-29-2004, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
When trying to keep my warranty intact. Just wait until you blow up a differential or trans and claim warranty with Evo pasted all over the place.

Who is going to see this stuff anyway? The M5 I blow away certainly wont.....
Old 12-30-2004, 04:08 PM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
Originally Posted by Schiznick
I have to agree with Schiznick. Any dealer takes one look at that and it's good bye warranty. On a 80K+ car a warranty does mean something at least to me it does!!

Best Wishes,
MBH
Old 12-30-2004, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R170
Originally Posted by MBH
I have to agree with Schiznick. Any dealer takes one look at that and it's good bye warranty. On a 80K+ car a warranty does mean something at least to me it does!!

Best Wishes,
MBH
Not true at all. Problem has to be caused by the mods... and they have to prove it. Otherwise it is illegal to void the warranty just at the sight of modifications.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Banned

yeah its called the magnusson (something act) that is supposed to cover bolt on mods. ive probably horribly screwed that up anyway. on this car anyway im not worried about the warranty since ill be adding a lsd, upgraded ic, and eventually cams. mine is an 03 with 6500 miles so i dont anticipate putting a lot of miles anyway but good to know the electrical gremlins (non engine related) are still covered. i want to get a license plate that says 700HP then in 3 years sell it for a HUGE loss!
Old 12-30-2004, 10:06 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
Peter B, what are the resonator pipes for? Are they a replacement for the center resonators? And therefore you would have to take out the stock resonators (one from each side) and weld on the pipes you purchased from evosport?
Old 12-31-2004, 06:29 AM
Banned

yep, brad from evo said they are the same thickness as the stock exhaust to last longer than your typical midas pipes.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:17 AM

03 E55 k2; Ford GT
Originally Posted by Peter B
yeah its called the magnusson (something act) that is supposed to cover bolt on mods. ive probably horribly screwed that up anyway. on this car anyway im not worried about the warranty since ill be adding a lsd, upgraded ic, and eventually cams. mine is an 03 with 6500 miles so i dont anticipate putting a lot of miles anyway but good to know the electrical gremlins (non engine related) are still covered. i want to get a license plate that says 700HP then in 3 years sell it for a HUGE loss!
That is very funny and the way I feel. There will be a huge loss in my future
Old 12-31-2004, 02:58 PM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
Originally Posted by Dave OH
Not true at all. Problem has to be caused by the mods... and they have to prove it. Otherwise it is illegal to void the warranty just at the sight of modifications.
Ok Dave OH lets just say you have some kind of engine problem and you take your new E55 to the dealer and they see that on the car. What do they are going to say???

I don't want to find out. I would never ever do that to a 80k+ car that has a factory warranty. But, thats just me.

Best Wishes,
MBH
Old 12-31-2004, 04:14 PM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Chris posted about a week ago that he informed his dealership he had Renntech ECU/Pulley and they did not give him a hard time. Many MB dealers do Kleemann and Renntech mods for you or sell the car on the lot as a Renntech MB. I would not go to a small tuner, but if you go with EVO,Renntech, or Kleemann you will be fine. These cars run better with ECU/Pulley and header upgrades.

I have tuned Porsche's in the past and even had buyers who paid extra for the mods if it was from a great tuner.

I would not worry about your warranty if you are sticking with the basic mods, you will be fine. It comes down to what type of relationship you have with your MB Service Manager.

I had mine install the Sirius radio the T-Bone way and other dealerships would not touch it. He will be installing my AMG LSD system when it arrives and other dealerships would not even consider it. Relationships go along way

Last edited by 04E55 AMG; 12-31-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Spero's right. I told my dealer last week about my mods. Car was in for the stalling issue and they had scheduled an MB regional tech to be there. I took a chance and told them (I was also able to prove that the car was shutting off before the mods). When I told the foreman I saw a very uncomfortable look on his face. I asked "do we have a problem"? and he said that the MB techs are usually very conservative.

Well, they worked on the car for a few days and when I went in to pick it up the foreman went out of his way to to tell me how much the MB tech appreciated the fact that I did not try to hide the mods from them. He said the tech really wanted me to know that. Now, I do have a very good relationship with them so I'm sure that helped.

As far as the AMG LSD goes, I asked them if they would install it and they said no way! So like Spero said, every dealer is different. What one will do without question another won't touch with a 10 foot poll.

You may want to talk to your dealer before doing the mod and explain exactly what the mod does. Most of these guys are not into this stuff. It's a job.