Moroso Track Results....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars and boats!
Moroso Track Results....

Went out to teh track 2night and met up with Siswati, SGC, JR, and Fikse out there.... didnt get to say hi to SGC b/c I left early!!! Track was real sticky on the Ariggo Dodge (left) lane.... so to those who were out there, how did you guys end up doing? Sorry I had to make an early leaf of absence. I had a blast out there...we should do this again soon.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 AM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
What kind of "times" did you guys run and what happened to the M5 guy?
Old 01-06-2005, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
Just got back.... the left lane's timing system broke, and they started running everyone from the right lane only.... I left at that point....

I wanted to wait for SGC to run on his drag radials, but it's an hour+ drive for me and I had to get going....

My best time of the night was 11.99 @ 119.18 in the Viper.....

My friend in the M3 SMGII's best was a 13.5 @ 104

no show for the M5

great to meet everyone from the board....
Old 01-06-2005, 01:21 AM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Hi Guys

Just got back myself – I had an absolute blast – I met some really cool guys that all have the same passion about their cars - no matter what the brand or model.

Guys were pumped just getting close to 15secs and edging towards 100mph trap speeds - Just about every type of vehicle was there from super fast Modifieds to bonestock pick-up trucks.

I met some really cool guys from the forum SGC, Fiske, BenzoBoi and others.

SGC ran only one pass, right at the end and ran a 12.04 pass @116mph - his only mods are drag radials and K&N filter. I believe that BenzoBoi ran a 12.8 in his C32

Temp was in the low 70s and fairly moist air - not the best conditions but still better than sitting at home.

It was my first time down a drag strip of any kind, and I was a bit intimidated by the whole affair, so I decided to get into it nice and slow. I ran in Granny Mode for the first 3 runs.

This involved suspension in comfort mode (highest) and tranny in Sport mode. I left the ESP on and as the tree turned I just stomped it with no regard for wheelspin or anything. Was hoping to break into 13's on my first ever runs

Surprise, surprise - I ran a 12.56 @113.7 for my firs run ever, 12.50 @113.83 for my 2nd run and 12.596@114.02 for the 3rd run - I was pumped - my R/Ts improved with every run from .678 to .558 to .322

My 60ft short times were 2.04, 1.990, and 2.111 and this is with ESP on. I never really felt like the ESP was intruding and I got good hookup from the launch each time.

But of course the E55 experts were all there – guys who have run 12.0s and faster, and they were saying I had to run it with ESP off, and I kept on saying nah, another day maybe, let me get into this drag racing scene nice and slow, don’t do anything stupid on my first night, but the nagging – just couldn’t get it out of my head. So for the final run I said wtf - gotta give it a shot.

So I steeled myself by repeating to myself over and over again that I had to get on the gas real slow and feed it in. By now I was getting the traplights down fairly well and when the light turned – well yeah you guessed it – I forgot everything and just stomped it. The back let go violently, turning me very sideways, and I had to back way off, and my final run was 13.780 @112 (but my R/T was .224 – so at least something was still improving.)

So what did I learn?
First things first – this shopping cart of ours has ***** – it runs 12.5 with ease in granny mode. Quietly, with no fuss, and it blows people away – early on I was the only E class and lots of young guys came and asked me what I had done to my car! Just told them that I was a bald fat old fart on his first run down the strip in my family sedan. I am living proof that anyone can run mid 12’s in this car! Its just that easy. Set it in granny mode, point it down the lane and stomp it. Don’t shut off till you pass the traps and you will have yourself a mid 12 second 110+mph run – guaranteed.

Now then, trying to get it to go faster than that takes work, practice and timing, and discipline on the throttle, and I for one, have lots of homework to do, cos I cant wait to go back and do it again. Gotta get this launch nailed with the ESP off – easy on the throttle, easy does it.

It was just a total blast – felt like a kid all evening, the rush was awesome and is totally addicting.

But the best part was while talking to SGC, Fiske and RJ (690rwhp viper), a know it all dude walked up and insisted that he had run a 11.03 at 138mph in his E55 with only a Renntech pulley and chip, and stock Conti's - of course has car wasnt here tonight. After he left I asked SGC and RJ (knowledgeable guys for sure) if the dude's E55 could run 138mph they both simultansously chimed in - "sure, no problem ,just give him a couple more miles at the end of the strip and hell get it up there" LOL

PS (I unfortunately arrived at the track with a full tank of gas (bad preparation on my part) and I had my trunk full of video gear that I couldnt offload anywhere) - so maybe there is a 1/10th lurking there when I run on vapors next time round. Damn one day at the track and already I am making excuses and looking to find ways to get these times down!!!!!!

Last edited by siswati; 01-06-2005 at 01:35 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:04 AM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by siswati
Hi Guys

Just got back myself – I had an absolute blast – I met some really cool guys that all have the same passion about their cars - no matter what the brand or model.

Guys were pumped just getting close to 15secs and edging towards 100mph trap speeds - Just about every type of vehicle was there from super fast Modifieds to bonestock pick-up trucks.

I met some really cool guys from the forum SGC, Fiske, BenzoBoi and others.

SGC ran only one pass, right at the end and ran a 12.04 pass @116mph - his only mods are drag radials and K&N filter. I believe that BenzoBoi ran a 12.8 in his C32

Temp was in the low 70s and fairly moist air - not the best conditions but still better than sitting at home.

It was my first time down a drag strip of any kind, and I was a bit intimidated by the whole affair, so I decided to get into it nice and slow. I ran in Granny Mode for the first 3 runs.

This involved suspension in comfort mode (highest) and tranny in Sport mode. I left the ESP on and as the tree turned I just stomped it with no regard for wheelspin or anything. Was hoping to break into 13's on my first ever runs

Surprise, surprise - I ran a 12.56 @113.7 for my firs run ever, 12.50 @113.83 for my 2nd run and 12.596@114.02 for the 3rd run - I was pumped - my R/Ts improved with every run from .678 to .558 to .322

My 60ft short times were 2.04, 1.990, and 2.111 and this is with ESP on. I never really felt like the ESP was intruding and I got good hookup from the launch each time.

But of course the E55 experts were all there – guys who have run 12.0s and faster, and they were saying I had to run it with ESP off, and I kept on saying nah, another day maybe, let me get into this drag racing scene nice and slow, don’t do anything stupid on my first night, but the nagging – just couldn’t get it out of my head. So for the final run I said wtf - gotta give it a shot.

So I steeled myself by repeating to myself over and over again that I had to get on the gas real slow and feed it in. By now I was getting the traplights down fairly well and when the light turned – well yeah you guessed it – I forgot everything and just stomped it. The back let go violently, turning me very sideways, and I had to back way off, and my final run was 13.780 @112 (but my R/T was .224 – so at least something was still improving.)

So what did I learn?
First things first – this shopping cart of ours has ***** – it runs 12.5 with ease in granny mode. Quietly, with no fuss, and it blows people away – early on I was the only E class and lots of young guys came and asked me what I had done to my car! Just told them that I was a bald fat old fart on his first run down the strip in my family sedan. I am living proof that anyone can run mid 12’s in this car! Its just that easy. Set it in granny mode, point it down the lane and stomp it. Don’t shut off till you pass the traps and you will have yourself a mid 12 second 110+mph run – guaranteed.

Now then, trying to get it to go faster than that takes work, practice and timing, and discipline on the throttle, and I for one, have lots of homework to do, cos I cant wait to go back and do it again. Gotta get this launch nailed with the ESP off – easy on the throttle, easy does it.

It was just a total blast – felt like a kid all evening, the rush was awesome and is totally addicting.

But the best part was while talking to SGC, Fiske and RJ (690rwhp viper), a know it all dude walked up and insisted that he had run a 11.03 at 138mph in his E55 with only a Renntech pulley and chip, and stock Conti's - of course has car wasnt here tonight. After he left I asked SGC and RJ (knowledgeable guys for sure) if the dude's E55 could run 138mph they both simultansously chimed in - "sure, no problem ,just give him a couple more miles at the end of the strip and hell get it up there" LOL

PS (I unfortunately arrived at the track with a full tank of gas (bad preparation on my part) and I had my trunk full of video gear that I couldnt offload anywhere) - so maybe there is a 1/10th lurking there when I run on vapors next time round. Damn one day at the track and already I am making excuses and looking to find ways to get these times down!!!!!!
Congratulations on some great times and thanks for the awesome write up.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Correction... BenzoAMGpower, not Benzoboi

Yea, I ran high 12s consistantly... first pass I ran a 2.0 60ft time with 13.0 @ 109mph... 2nd pass was a 1.9 60ft time with a 12.8 @109mph, 3rd pass was my best, I managed a 12.7 @ 108mph, 4th pass the car was heat soaking and I managed a 12.8 @ 107mph (loosing trap speed due to heat soak). I sat out for the 5th pass i could have made and then Made my last pass later on the evening with a 12.8 @ 109mph again. Weather was at 70 degrees Far. Too bad the left lane got shut down, it was pretty sticky if you moved a bit to the left....sooooooo much VHT on there, I doubt drag radials would have helped my launch out much, I was doing pretty good on my street tires. It was great being able to finally come out on a full set of street tires rather then bald street tires...it was even better getting to meet some of the great people from this message board. I definately had a blast... we need to do something like this again soon. The only dissapointment I had was not being able to see APK come out so I could have ran his M5.

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 01-06-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
What happened to APK and his M5? Was he supposed to show up?
Old 01-06-2005, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
i had called him earlier, he told me taht he might show up, but I guess he got caught up or something since he never did!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 04:18 PM

Man, Improviz is going to have a FIELD DAY now!!
Old 01-06-2005, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
It's nice that your local track is open this time of year
Old 01-06-2005, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by E55_POWER
As well he should. This is **** poor conduct on APK's part.

This entire track event was put together because of him to begin with.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:09 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by E55_POWER
Improviz needs to find a hobby and get a life.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by APK1013
As a casual observer this thread and both a BMW & a Mercedes fan, I was really disapointed to see that you did not run after everything that was said.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:15 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Chappy
It's nice that your local track is open this time of year
We oughta bug Ed S. about opening up SDR for a private group rental, given the great weather. Any other Atlanta area / middle GA locals interested?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
be afraid, be very afraid..... http://www.305sr.com/~staff/benzo/CIMG0055.AVI <-- right click and download

Yes, not even an AWD WRX can outlaunch me..haha!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Beowulf
We oughta bug Ed S. about opening up SDR for a private group rental, given the great weather. Any other Atlanta area / middle GA locals interested?
Heading to Valdosta on Sunday afternoon with a M3, SL and a C class. Racin' starts at 2.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Talking

No, but you need to learn to stop writing checks your M5 can't cash!

Let's take a little trip down memory lane, shall we?

When called out to show up and repeat it, you were pretty confident; what happened?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...4&postcount=29
Originally Posted by apk1013
I would love to race one of these guys anytime (CL55 since that is the one I am "lying" about). My boys will also want to get in on the action with their Bimmers. Just let me know when we can get this done!!!
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...9&postcount=31
I think you've done enough bullsh*tting, now let's see your boys "represent." I don't think any of them have the *****.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...5&postcount=36
We have some very good roads nearby where we can race from a 20 roll so we can take the launching aspect out of it since you amg owners can't seem to figure out how to floor a gas pedal.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...1&postcount=40
I just want to see your boys represent because mine are on the phone and ready to go!!
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...2&postcount=41
Enough with your car magazines and bull-sh*t!!! Let's see you "represent" on the street. Unfortunately, I doubt your sh*t-talking boys will do so.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...7&postcount=44
How are your boys coming along? I already have a Supercharged 330 and a Modded M3 that are ready to "represent."
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...2&postcount=46
The closest dragstrip is probably Morosso, but we would rather just do it on the street late at night. We will show up anywhere, but I doubt your friends will do so.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...5&postcount=52
If your "friends" want to do this just let us know!!
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...7&postcount=53
I will have thirty cars ready to play if that's what you want!!!
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...9&postcount=54
I saw a few Kompressor AMG's on the road today, but they were being driven by 70-year old ladies. I wonder if they are going to "represent" for you.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...1&postcount=62
Your friends love to talk on the MB forum but none want to step up to the plate. The one guy claims he beats the M5 with his C55. He lives in Miami. That's not too far from me. See if he wants to back up his BS.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...5&postcount=64
I'm still waiting for someone to race, and we can see. You are the one that is still talking I am ready for some do-ing.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...6&postcount=65
Talk to the guy in the C55, and see if he wants to back up his claim. I will drive to Miami to meet him if he would like. Its not too far. Its definitely worth the drive.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...1&postcount=67
I think its really funny what is going on in the Benz forum. The sh*t talking forum is buzzing, but the one that requires action still has zero replies. I would not at all be surprised if it stays that way.
And of course, when SGC agreed to meet you at Moroso (the first time), well, you suddenly got busy....

...but not too busy to post here three times that night, it seems:
Posted at 9:42 PM EST:

Posted at 9:59 PM EST:

Posted at 6:09 PM EST:

So, *after* this happened, you promised to actually show up at Moroso:

Originally Posted by SGC
apk1013, no problem.

If you want to go to Moroso one night, e-mail me.

Definitely!!! You live in Jupiter, right??
But lo and behold, once again you were too busy to show up and perform the 12.6 you said your car could run!

CHICKEN OUT!!! <= Click here for APK's homepage and a recording of his voice!!

Old 01-07-2005, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Listening intently....
Old 01-07-2005, 10:10 AM

What happened to you?

I still think you should have gone for the sake of experiencing it...I don't think you would have achieved 12.6 (highly unlikely with just bolt ons) but you should have tried it, I'm sure you would have loved the experience.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:10 AM

Mercedes-Benz A170 CDI
Apk<------loser
Old 01-07-2005, 07:27 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Bilal
Apk<------loser
Benzo, me, and whoever else would like are all still going to run. You expect me to go to go to the track for the first time with all of you and run what my car is capable of. That is completely unreasonable on every level. All I know is that I was ready to go on Thursday, and I am ready to go whenever Benzo calls me.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Banned

this is all too much. bimmer drivers seem to be too huberous. i like all cars but the seriously dedicated bmw only crowd is a bit much. i had a ricer fly by from a new m3 on wednesday in my lowly 93 rx7. when i caught up to him, and SMOKED him he gave me a laugh, THEN DID ANOTHER RICER FLY BY??? what r u guys in bmw's thinking???
Old 01-07-2005, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
actually.... meeting us at the track was the most reasonable option, on all levels....

you would have had 7-10 runs.... and everyone would have known what your car is capable of, even if you blew every launch and your ET wasn't that great, your MPH would have shown if your car is making the power to keep up with an E55...

no offence, but if you're nervous about your driving skills on a track in a safe environment.... I'd be nervous running you on the street....

Benzo, me, and whoever else would like are all still going to run. You expect me to go to go to the track for the first time with all of you and run what my car is capable of. That is completely unreasonable on every level. All I know is that I was ready to go on Thursday, and I am ready to go whenever Benzo calls me.

Last edited by Fikse; 01-07-2005 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:33 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude, never mind that you have no sense of shame to talk so much talk but unable to walk all that talk but, having shamed your fellow M5s by all the bs you put out.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
APK, you probably had your reasons why you didnt show but still I agree that the track would have been a great place to see if your car was really waht it claimed to be!!! You want to prove how quick u r... go to the track... roll racing doesnt prove ****!!!

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 01-08-2005 at 03:13 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Moroso Track Results....