W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts about upcoming 6.3 engine! Everyone post your comments.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG

Yesterday i was going through some magazines while i was waiting on my wife, and I stoped at Chrysler new Firepower concept, And while i was reading it i noticed New 6.1 Hemi which will be also be used in a SRT8 300 ( or whatever this 300c is called not too sure) And the specs were 6.1 liter with 425 hp and 420 trq.

I instantly remembered our descussion about upcoming 6.3 liter mb AMG engine, and lets again discuss it here.

If Chrysler ( Mercedes ?) designed 6.1 hemi with such output and torque, do you really think that AMG cannot design 6.3 with at least 500 hp and 460+ trq which I belive would be enough to do some serious damage to M5s and other powerfull cars, Especialy with new 7 speed gearbox which i hope will be geared right...If AMG would also throw some kick *** LSD and firmer suspension E class would be king of the hill!

So what do you think about it guys?

P.s What i really would love to see is 6.3 twin turbo! Even 5.5 twin turbo would do it for me :v
Old 01-24-2005, 08:20 PM

I have been in trinidad the last few days on business and in the airport this morning i picked up a magazine named eurosport a german magazine and they had pics of "the new E65" i will try and get a scan up but if this is the case i will be going to the dealer to put a deposit down soon.

p.s. benzo boi the exhaust should be going on my car sometime before the end of this week i'll keep everyone posted.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by bmoores
I have been in trinidad the last few days on business and in the airport this morning i picked up a magazine named eurosport a german magazine and they had pics of "the new E65" i will try and get a scan up but if this is the case i will be going to the dealer to put a deposit down soon.

p.s. benzo boi the exhaust should be going on my car sometime before the end of this week i'll keep everyone posted.
E65 i wonder is it gonna be v12... But then the front would be so heavy! But then again maybe it's 6.5 liter twin turbo v8? :v
Old 01-24-2005, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Yay!! N/A engine!!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yay!! More weight.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:25 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Yay!! More weight.
Yay !! Bigger Numbers !
Old 01-25-2005, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
I don't understand why people are getting so excited about a possible 6.3 V8. With just about any normally aspirated car in an expensive luxury sedan, you buy what you get and that's it. You aren't going any further. Look at the E39 M5 guys... normally aspirated V8, good power for the time but now gets blown away by the M113K cars unless they dump a ****load of money into it. Even then, with a call to Evosport and a few grand we are blowing their doors off yet again.

Anyone who thinks that a larger displacement normally aspirated V8 is a good thing for these cars, you are terribly mistaken. These motors we have now will start doing 600-650hp without breaking a sweat with another year or so of R&D to produce efficient cooling and boost upgrades - AND it will be just as reliable as a stock car AND will not cost you a relative arm and a leg... more than you can say for some high compression normally aspirated engine you slap a supercharger on.

In almost every application factory built forced induction is always better. Enormous potential, low costs to upgrade.

-m
Old 01-25-2005, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bmoores

Please...PLEASE get us pictures. Does anybody have any idea of how anticipated this has been???????
Old 01-25-2005, 02:47 AM
M&M

I have a question. Is there any particular reason major OEM's are moving away from forced induction in performance application?

Case in point, Audi. Pioneer in turbocharging in the 80's. S4 was 2.7 biturbo. TT/S3 was 1.8T. RS4 was 2.7 TT. Now the S4 is NA 4.2 V8. TT/S3 is 3.2 V6. RS4 is NA. Not many turbo in the new A6 range. There may still be a low pressure turbo for family car applications.

Merc moving away from supercharging. Why?

Ferrari's last turbo car was the F40. Maserati quattroporte has gone from biturbo to NA. Maserati 3200GT the same.

Porsche's flagship is the V10 Carerra GT while in the past a turbo car has always been the fastest Porsche.

Even Volvo & Subaru are creating more NA cars & replacing some of the turbo ones.

Is there something the OEM's know that we don't?

Last edited by M&M; 01-25-2005 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Originally Posted by M&M
I have a question. Is there any particular reason major OEM's are moving away from forced induction in performance application?

Case in point, Audi. Pioneer in turbocharging in the 80's. S4 was 2.7 biturbo. TT/S3 was 1.8T. RS4 was 2.7 TT. Now the S4 is NA 4.2 V8. TT/S3 is 3.2 V6. RS4 is NA. Not many turbo in the new A6 range. There may still be a low pressure turbo for family car applications.

Merc moving away from supercharging. Why?

Ferrari's last turbo car was the F40. Maserati quattroporte has gone from biturbo to NA. Maserati 3200GT the same.

Porsche's flagship is the V10 Carerra GT while in the past a turbo car has always been the fastest Porsche.

Even Volvo & Subaru are creating more NA cars & replacing some of the turbo ones.

Is there something the OEM's know that we don't?
One word easily answers your question: emissions. That is the reason for the majority of OEMs straying away from forced induction. Fuel economy is another issue but I find that more the fault of the OEM rather than the technology itself.

-m
Old 01-25-2005, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Yay!! More weight.
If the new NA V8 is heavier than the current kompressor motor someone needs to go smack a german over the head with a stick. It is time for MB to put these hogs on a diet...time to hit the treadmill people!
Old 01-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Almost a Member!

04 MB E55 AMG, 92 911 Turbo
I think that they should focus on putting the power to the ground. More hp is always better, but the fact remains that all this power is useless without grip and a 4Matic AMG would be my next purchase.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:54 PM

Obsidian Black C43, Silver C43, Silver Carlsson E-class wagon, Brabus G-class

There's a company in the bay area that imported a couple of E60 cars and one of them is a 6.3 l engine that used to be owned by ex AMG VP.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by VinnyC
I think that they should focus on putting the power to the ground. More hp is always better, but the fact remains that all this power is useless without grip and a 4Matic AMG would be my next purchase.
I bet you wouldnt like a 4matic E55...its not like your EVO, which is AWD through a manual..it would be more like an RS6, which has almost 500hp/automatic/AWD and is slow as ***** compared to the E55, on Audiworld.ord, the fastest chipped/full exhaust RS6's can t break 112MPH trap speeds and stock ones are running and average of 109MPH, nice car, and so would an E55 4matic, but it would be alot slower than the current rwd.

Jason