* Royal Purple Oil *

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
* Royal Purple Oil *

I am looking at trying this product out on my car. The issue is that they dont have a 0W40.. They only carry 5W30 and 10W40.

Do you guys know which one should be chosen to replace the Mobil 1 0W40 we have in our cars?

Thanks!!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E430,S500
I use Mobil 1 supersyn 0w-40 in the winter and supersyn 5w-50 in the summer becuase of the weather change and my driving style.

Royal purple isn't bad but a better choice would be Redline.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Victor,

I ran Amsoil products in my old Supra with great success. I'd highly recommend their product. They have a 5W-40 oil for European engines that you may want to try out. I'd definitely chose them before Royal Purple or Redline.

www.amsoil.com

-m
Old 01-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Victor,

I ran Amsoil products in my old Supra with great success. I'd highly recommend their product. They have a 5W-40 oil for European engines that you may want to try out. I'd definitely chose them before Royal Purple or Redline.

www.amsoil.com

-m
Hey Marcus,

Its funny you posted that... Right after I posted this thread, I went and looked up Amsoil becuase I heard alot about it from my 993TT buddies. I went to the website and did some research and decided that was what I was going to try.

I am order a 12pack of the 1litre bottles of 5W-40 European Formula and going to try that out. Want to add the redline Water Wetter to the rad and see if that helps with the cooling.

I'll let you know how it goes. Still haven't gotten around to installing the airbox heat wrap or the Evo spacers yet... Work is too damn busy...
Old 01-26-2005, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Tell me about it bud. I also ran the redline in my Supra but really didn't notice any effect. I think with the E55 it may have more positive results because of the heat issues.

BTW, are you out of warranty? Or in Canada do they not cover service? I'd switch oils in my E55 but oil changes are still included in the service.

-m
Old 01-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Tell me about it bud. I also ran the redline in my Supra but really didn't notice any effect. I think with the E55 it may have more positive results because of the heat issues.

BTW, are you out of warranty? Or in Canada do they not cover service? I'd switch oils in my E55 but oil changes are still included in the service.

-m
I pay for all the oil changes even while the car is under warranty (well I do for my 2003 anyways).. Maybe the free oil changes is with the '04 and newer cars???

Even though you can run the oil for a long period of time, I usually change it every 3,000 - 5,000km just to make sure I have fresh stuff in there.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C32 AMG
I've heard great things of Redline, Royal Purple and Amsoil -

Doesn't Royal Purple advertise increase HP using their oil? Hmmmm
Old 01-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by hantzis
I've heard great things of Redline, Royal Purple and Amsoil -

Doesn't Royal Purple advertise increase HP using their oil? Hmmmm
Royal Purple advertises increase HP but they always do that comparison against a Petroleum oil and not a competing synthetic one.

I've been wanting to try them for a while, but I was advised to go with the Amsoil by a few people so I am going to try that one out. My Porsche buddies swear that the Amsoil worked alot better than the Mobil 1 they replaced it with so I figured it cant hurt to try it.