Sponsored by:

CTS-V vs E63 on Speed tonight...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 e63 Amg, Ferrari 430 Scuderia, BMW M3 Convertible, Maserati GTS
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Yes, I have done the M5 Driving Experience in Spartanburg SC with professional drivers and have been on Summit Point and Limerock. So much for your assumptions...

Yes, I am a GM fanboy because I believe the documented video posted on the CTS-V's sub-8 minute N'ring run....

I guess you don't believe the various Ferrari Fiorano track times because those are just Ferrari propaganda...

Apparently we don't agree on much....such is life... and just for the record...if we were a married couple you would be the woman (your logic is eerily woman-like).

Tom
Post some videos and let's see your braking points. What's your best lap time at Lime Rock? I am still pretty sure you know little about track driving. But, hey, show us your experience and prove me wrong. Did you ever take a serious racing school like Skippy's or Russel's? Do you think there is a difference? Tell me, from your vast tracking experience, what is the hardest skill to learn?

No, i don't take Fioriano times too seriously. You believe the V time, b/c you saw the video? How naive can you be? How much boost did this car run? What tires? Was the suspension stock? Was the car gutted out?

A simple switch from regular tires to slicks or semi-slicks will get you 10-20 secs.

Verily, my fair lady, you are a marketer's dream. Do you still believe that Trix are for Kids? Trust me, you are safe to eat them, silly rabbit.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Watching you tube videos of someone doing a lap on the 'Ring is one thing, doing it yourself, quite another. I see only one way out of this dilemma ......both of you on the track Caddy vs. a German machine

Krzysiek: The first thing you learn in a racing school is using your vision correctly.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by Vic55
I hit 130 and above at least 2x's every single day. I have a road in mexico on the way to work that allows me this.
If we are talking about driving in Mexico, then yes I speed there too And hitting 130 on a daily basis is different than racing "above 130" and buying a car b/c it can pull at that speed, IMO.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
Originally Posted by SMP

Krzysiek: The first thing you learn in a racing school is using your vision correctly.
I never have a chance to attend to a class like this, do you mind elaborate a little more on this? Sounds like a useful skill to have even in everyday driving.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Slow
Originally Posted by SMP
Maybe you want to accompany me next time I visit my family in Germany? 130 mph is considered cruising speed for us. We drive that in the slow lane and in the rain .I prefer to go out at night, when there is less traffic and go for some extended top speed runs. If you ever been there, those roads are smooth as glass and perfect for that type of driving.
Reading this makes me really miss Germany, I lived there for 6 years. I would cruise at 150 mph. Early in the morning on a saturday or sunday the autobahn would be clear, great for spirited driving
Old 09-11-2010, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by SMP
Watching you tube videos of someone doing a lap on the 'Ring is one thing, doing it yourself, quite another. I see only one way out of this dilemma ......both of you on the track Caddy vs. a German machine

That would be cool...although I am by far a novice. I haven't done a road course in years (my cars have been a bit too "heavy"/not nimble the last 5 years to throw around a road course). However, I am a competitive person... so I am always up for a friendly challenge. I have no malice against Krzysiek or the E63 (a great car). I am fairly close to Summit Point, so I am actually looking to take the CTS-V out on that track.

Tom
Old 09-11-2010, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by SMP

Ok, let me go first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xME5vvpSMI0
Old 09-11-2010, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Krzysiek
Seriously, nice driving!

I think you could have run better than 1:38 with the CTS-V at Rockingham...

I saw your video in the Scuderia (a favorite of mine...even over the 458). Do you do any of the Ferrari track days?

Tom
Old 09-11-2010, 09:23 PM

Seriously, nice driving!

I think you could have run better than 1:38 with the CTS-V at Rockingham...

I saw your video in the Scuderia (a favorite of mine...even over the 458). Do you do any of the Ferrari track days?

Tom
I do. I did not go to Art of Ferrari this year at the Glen since I was in Europe. Nowadays I run a lot at NJMP, where I keep the scuderia.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:52 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Last year didnt the cts-v's get beat by a novice driver in a M3 @ cadillacs race track in Monticello NY ? Anyone remember the lap times ? I tried to get my car in and they shot me down after a brief phone Convo . Was gonna have JR from EFI race logics out of CT drive my car and once they knew a pro was gonna drive they gave me the Ax .
Old 09-11-2010, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by malakasnyc
Last year didnt the cts-v's get beat by a novice driver in a M3 @ cadillacs race track in Monticello NY ? Anyone remember the lap times ? I tried to get my car in and they shot me down after a brief phone Convo . Was gonna have JR from EFI race logics out of CT drive my car and once they knew a pro was gonna drive they gave me the Ax .
I think the top non-pro times were 2:5x.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Great videos, Krzysiek.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Vic55
I hit 130 and above at least 2x's every single day. I have a road in mexico on the way to work that allows me this.

While I'm nowhere near as regular as Vic, empty freeways in Northern Mexico allow 150+ to be hit very easily when the chance arises in vehicles with 500+ horsepower....
Old 09-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by transferred

While I'm nowhere near as regular as Vic, empty freeways in Northern Mexico allow 150+ to be hit very easily when the chance arises in vehicles with 500+ horsepower....
I do believe we share a common road--- the Ciento Treinte Tres!!! hahaha
Old 09-13-2010, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser

Tom
Fine by me, I'll take the 458 and you can follow my tail lights

How's the CTS-V treating you? Missing the 65? I'm set on a new sedan and have it down to a choice between the new F10 M5 or the third generation RS6. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it's likely three years away while the M5 should be here within two. The V10 has left big shoes to be filled, let's hope M keep up their run of never disappointing.

Vic - congrats on the new E, great job as usual.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
How's the CTS-V treating you? M]issing the 65? I'm set on a new sedan and have it down to a choice between the new F10 M5 or the third generation RS6. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it's likely three years away while the M5 should be here within two. ]
A bit off topic (sorry) but has the F10 M5 release been pushed back? I keep hearing "soon," with its 555+HP TT V8. I'm eager to drive one.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by mugatu22
A bit off topic (sorry) but has the F10 M5 release been pushed back? I keep hearing "soon," with its 555+HP TT V8. I'm eager to drive one.
Not that I've heard. M were always aiming for late 2011 as a MY12 and as far as I know they're on track. What we do know is it'll have a DSG 'box and more than the X5M's 547bhp, possibly as much as 592bhp but we'll see.

The new 5-Series is a little heavier, so how close they can stick to the E60 M5's 4012lb curb weight will be key, as will making the TTV8 more characterful than it is in the SUVs.

Fuel economy will be improved (KERS etc), outright speed will be improved and I'm sure it'll be the segment benchmark as usual but if weight and connectivity are down then I may as well switch back to Audi, if their importing habits improve that is.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Smile

I'm set on a new sedan and have it down to a choice between the new F10 M5 or the third generation RS6. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it's likely three years away while the M5 should be here within two. The V10 has left big shoes to be filled, let's hope M keep up their run of never disappointing.

Vic - congrats on the new E, great job as usual.
You may end up with a pretty big dilemma next year,since the CLS 5.5TT might arrive at the same time as the new M5.
Choices.....
Old 09-13-2010, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Not that I've heard. M were always aiming for late 2011 as a MY12 and as far as I know they're on track. What we do know is it'll have a DSG 'box and more than the X5M's 547bhp, possibly as much as 592bhp but we'll see.

The new 5-Series is a little heavier, so how close they can stick to the E60 M5's 4012lb curb weight will be key, as will making the TTV8 more characterful than it is in the SUVs.

Fuel economy will be improved (KERS etc), outright speed will be improved and I'm sure it'll be the segment benchmark as usual but if weight and connectivity are down then I may as well switch back to Audi, if their importing habits improve that is.
I probably would be driving another RS6 right now if Audi would have manned up and brought the new one here. I am enjoying the CTS-V right now. I have basically made it faster than my CL65.... now I am contemplating doing some additional mods that will make it significantly faster. I just don't want to ruin the drivability (which is very stock-like right now).

The CLS with 5.5TT sounds very intriguing.... I just hope they can keep the weight down. It is kind of acceptable for the girth of the RS6 given the AWD... but if the CLS comes in over 4,400lbs, I would have serious reservations.

Tom
Old 09-14-2010, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
I agree anything over 4400lbs will probably be a lumbering beast. The CTS-V and new E63 @ 4300 are pushing it (though neither feels that heavy, especially the V).
Old 09-15-2010, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I owned both M5 and CTS-V. The CTS-V against M5 from 0-120 is absolutely in the V's favor. The CTS-V and M5 at high speeds are very close with the M5 edging it out (now blowing by it). M5 has sick top-speed gearing but it has no ***** down low. Modded vs modded there is no comparison. That is why I chose CTS-V. The M5 is slightly faster with $5k invested. The CTS-V is significantly faster with $2k put into it.

Back to what Eurowerx was saying, races here almost always go to 150mph+. Usually they aren't even considered a race unless you are hitting at least 140 since there are a lot of variables once you are into the triple digits. I can get any of my past 3 cars up to 130mph on side streets and 160mph easily on the highway. And most of you have seen my 200mph race against the liter bike... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDk4hERnpw

Here's a recent vid of me and some friends hitting 180+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECffF...layer_embedded the run before this one which wasn't recorded was at 195mph.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:40 PM

E 63,E55 (gone) E46 ///M ,B5 stage 3 S4 ,E36 ///M , 03 EVO (800 WHP)
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I owned both M5 and CTS-V. The CTS-V against M5 from 0-120 is absolutely in the V's favor. The CTS-V and M5 at high speeds are very close with the M5 edging it out (now blowing by it). M5 has sick top-speed gearing but it has no ***** down low. Modded vs modded there is no comparison. That is why I chose CTS-V. The M5 is slightly faster with $5k invested. The CTS-V is significantly faster with $2k put into it.

Back to what Eurowerx was saying, races here almost always go to 150mph+. Usually they aren't even considered a race unless you are hitting at least 140 since there are a lot of variables once you are into the triple digits. I can get any of my past 3 cars up to 130mph on side streets and 160mph easily on the highway. And most of you have seen my 200mph race against the liter bike... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDk4hERnpw

Here's a recent vid of me and some friends hitting 180+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECffF...layer_embedded the run before this one which wasn't recorded was at 195mph.
lol love it! as you know Italian i hit 130 everywhere i go no matter any time or traffic...!!! and will drift it there to hahaha... nice vid.... im coming back out next month everyone be ready!!!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by eurowerx
lol love it! as you know Italian i hit 130 everywhere i go no matter any time or traffic...!!! and will drift it there to hahaha... nice vid.... im coming back out next month everyone be ready!!!!!
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I can get any of my past 3 cars up to 130mph on side streets and 160mph easily on the highway. And most of you have seen my 200mph race against the liter bike... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDk4hERnpw

Not to be a buzzkill, but when both of you (especially you, eurowerks) kill yourselves in flaming car crashes on public roads, make sure to only take yourselves out and not a family in a minivan or anyone else for that matter.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by eurowerx
Well,if you do hit 130 anytime,regardless of traffic ,you are certifiable and I hope you will lose your driving privileges for a long time.
Before you kill someone.......
Old 09-16-2010, 12:59 PM

W212 E63
I have to agree with Muga and absent, you guys should find a track to do this stuff. If you're hitting 200 on public roads, that's being real reckless. Its not like these are 5 second runs to 130 and then pulling off, these are extended runs to big speeds. On your videos, looks like there is quite a bit of traffic (at least on the on coming side) and there is one where I think you blow by a mini-van in the center lane. The margin of error at those speeds is not much to turn a fun night into catastrophe. If not out of respect for your lives then do it for others like mine and my family...keep the energy and fun on closed tracks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CTS-V vs E63 on Speed tonight...