W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OE Tuning Added +50 RWHP & +44TQ @ hot day of 100F!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG 2010, Black, Pano, P2
Originally Posted by Vic55
But you cant use the dyno numbers on the west coast and compare them to yours on the east coast; different dynos, different settings, different days, different temps, different everything.

The 10% was just a figure I used based on what Jeremy told me. And the Gintani DD reads even lower than other DD's so you can take that into account.

Without having a baseline- you just dont know what your gains were but Ill tell you this, you have 3 files on the board that show there are gains all using the same dyno and all runs were done with out pulling the car off. I think you should feel good about your car with the tune.

And the bottomline is the tunes have all proven to be fruitful thru the curve- peak dyno numbers are not as tangible in the real world. Dynos are a just one way of telling you how strong your car is. The truth is I have had an E55 that was less powerful on the dyno compared to others (same dyno) yet faster on the street. Dont put all your faith in dynos but dont discount the numbers either.
Well, now I have a baseline with the tune, so any mods I do from now on if any will be compared against it. I will also try to flash my car back to stock and re-dyno again with and without the tune on the same dyno, same day.
I should have done the baseline from the beginning, and now it is kind of useless, since all I am doing is speculating.

I mean for me it is all new, this is the first time I've ever dynoed a car.

I am kind of surprised to find out that dyno numbers vary so much, I mean isn't there a way to measure power (amount of work performed over a period of time) at the wheels without all these variations?

I guess the track would be the best measure of power, run 1/4 mile and see what the car does.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:59 PM

E 63,E55 (gone) E46 ///M ,B5 stage 3 S4 ,E36 ///M , 03 EVO (800 WHP)
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
This is with your E63? My tuned C63 walks my friends E63 pretty good-4cars. Let Albert tell you.
Yup, stock 212 E63 8k on it... we raced my E63, C63 with tune , and stock C63. we both walked the stock C63 by 3-4 car lengths and he pulled me by 1, i saw difference upstairs though i had him from the jump till 100- then he pulls past me and at about 130 he stops pulling then around 150 i start to come back up on him. ill post the video as soon as i can.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by eurowerx
Yup, stock 212 E63 8k on it... we raced my E63, C63 with tune , and stock C63. we both walked the stock C63 by 3-4 car lengths and he pulled me by 1, i saw difference upstairs though i had him from the jump till 100- then he pulls past me and at about 130 he stops pulling then around 150 i start to come back up on him. ill post the video as soon as i can.
Very strange, indeed. My results running against stock and tuned C63 is different. About even stock for stock and big advantage 3 cars on me with the tuned C63 (OEtuned).

Maybe you can come out this Sunday to Captree and we can compare.

BTW, is there a dynomode on E63 W212? I thought that ESP OFF is all that is required when doing a dyno. Am I wrong?

Last edited by AlbertM; 10-21-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by eurowerx
Yeah come out to Captree this Sunday. Watch your E63 get a raping Like Albert said stock for stock we run dead even. Now with the tune 40-120 E63 gets a good walking 3+cars. We tried from a 15 roll it was worse for the E63
Old 10-21-2010, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by juicee63
Yeah something is definately amiss with the 212 dyno's.

Hopefully I get two at Fomoso to run. Track numbers will give us a better idea of actual hp.

I saw many w211 63 and w219 63's stock dyno 's on the dynojet. 390-420 stock....Tuned 418-450. Tunes usually net 20-30hp. I would say to 50 hp is a pretty amazing gain. But not great if the gain is from a base number of 350? How could the new W212 dyno so low, sheesh.
The W212 E63 has a higher drive train loss due to the MCT. At first, I thought it'd be the other way around, but after speaking to a few reputable sources who suspect the same thing, I feel that is the case as well. I've dynoed my car, a W212 E63, and an SL63 all on the same mustang dyno back-to-back, and my car had 12 to 14 whp over them

Yeah come out to Captree this Sunday. Watch your E63 get a raping Like Albert said stock for stock we run dead even. Now with the tune 40-120 E63 gets a good walking 3+cars. We tried from a 15 roll it was worse for the E63
That's interesting..... I would say there are a couple of stock W211 E63s that run 11.9 to 12.1 at 118 mph. I know at least one averages 12.3 @ 116 mph in the 1/4 mile. Even when a stock E63 at Famoso ran on the same day at the same track as three other C63s (one with tune only, one with headers + tune, and one with much more), all three cars averaged between 12.2 to 12.4 on. I can't wait until I start modding

Last edited by MB_Forever; 10-21-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:27 PM

Just did another dyno on a dynojet, this time put my car in a dyno mode per Jeremy's instructions and my car produced 437HP (K&N filters, charcoals delete, OE tuned), temp was around the same as the my first dyno ~60F. The AF ratio starts out form around 15/1 and gradually slide to around 13/1 at WOT.

Last edited by AlbertM; 10-23-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
The W212 E63 has a higher drive train loss due to the MCT. At first, I thought it'd be the other way around, but after speaking to a few reputable sources who suspect the same thing, I feel that is the case as well.
What a trip. Even with no torque converter Mo? That bums me out for the new twin turbs.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
The W212 E63 has a higher drive train loss due to the MCT. At first, I thought it'd be the other way around, but after speaking to a few reputable sources who suspect the same thing, I feel that is the case as well. I've dynoed my car, a W212 E63, and an SL63 all on the same mustang dyno back-to-back, and my car had 12 to 14 whp over them

That's interesting..... I would say there are a couple of stock W211 E63s that run 11.9 to 12.1 at 118 mph. I know at least one averages 12.3 @ 116 mph in the 1/4 mile. Even when a stock E63 at Famoso ran on the same day at the same track as three other C63s (one with tune only, one with headers + tune, and one with much more), all three cars averaged between 12.2 to 12.4 on. I can't wait until I start modding
Look at the c63 forum. Tuned only c63 ran 11.6@120
Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
Originally Posted by MB_Forever

How can an MCT with a clutch have more parasitic loss than a torque converter automatic? Not doubting your info, just finding the stated hard to comprehend.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
C63's r definetly getting more of tune only for sure. I'm gonna be in atlantic city this weekend but I definetly want to make it out there next weekend if u guys gonna b there. Ima make sure to do nothing so I can come out and play with you guys.

Albert I still owe u a rematch and now that u have a tune with some more miles I think its the perfect time for 1. Jon me n u will have a run in also.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:57 AM

e63 2010 W212
Originally Posted by Roupin
How can an MCT with a clutch have more parasitic loss than a torque converter automatic? Not doubting your info, just finding the stated hard to comprehend.
i agree. that doesn't quite add up. with the torque converter the power loss should be noticeable because it's not directly connected. But with an MCT, there should be minimum lose because it's essentially a manual transmission.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Ok we get it...you're proud of your entry level C-Class and you believe it's just as fast or faster than the more expensive E63, I think you've made your point. Your opinion is no more or less valid than eurowerx's results, which contradict yours. Chill.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:37 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Old 10-30-2010, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by K-A
LOL Some people...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
LOL Some people...
Concur... he always needs to post some mastabatory dance to make himself better--- I know what car I would take all day.

And I have others that are faster
Old 11-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
I think we can help with the issues here.

We will make this offer available to anyone in socal with a tuned file Jeremy has installed since he was told his " services were no longer required" at Powerchip on a current E63.

This is a 100% free offer, Powerchip will pay for all dyno testing.

1. E63 customer chooses a dynojet within an hours drive of LA/OC/SD
2. Four base runs are conducted with 15 minuite cooldowns, and Powerchip is not to touch the car in any way prior to the completion of the base runs. The base runs in this case will show the power of Jeremys claimed 50hp tune.
3. The car is returned to 100% stock without unstrapping the car or modifying any other variable
4. Four runs are conducted with 15 minuite cool downs
5. The dyno operator selects the highest stock run and the highest tuned run and the results are posted on mbworld by the owner of the car regardless of the outcome
6. The car is returned to the exact state it started, ie with the tune Jeremy sold the customer

We suggest that a video record is made and posted under the dyno graph, and that the test is open for forum members to attend, we are happy to have suggestions made that will ensure the test is as fair as possible.

If the car produces 50hp or more on a dynojet under these conditions, we have a true paradyme shift in the 63 tuning market, something no other tuner in the world has ever claimed to be able to achieve

Not Brabus, not Renntech, Kleemann, and certainly not Powerchip. The most Powerchip has ever gained on a Dynojet on a current E63 is about 30hp.

If the tune Jeremy installed produces about twice the power of Powerchips claim, then it shows that he has created something truly unique since he left Powerchip.

If the tune only gives 20-30hp then I will leave it for others to suggest what has occurred

What we are trying to determine here is the validity of a claim of 50hp power gain on a current e63 under controlled conditions.

Vic55 is very familiar with Powerchip, he trusted us enough to have our software installed on at least three or four cars. Vic is a powerful moderator here. Obviously, he got that software from Powerchip without any payment. I don't know how much (if anything) he paid Jeremy to install the file that is in his car, but it would be reasonable to assume he won't be providing a scan of his credit card receipt showing he paid the retail price on the day the software was installed

So I think it is reasonable for us to ask that Vic recuse himself from moderating this thread to ensure no conflict of interest arrises.

We can't wait to see the 50hp power gain under controlled conditions

Who would like the test to occur, and who would like to attend?

Again, Powerchip will pay for all dyno testing costs involved
Old 11-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Powerchip

We will make this offer available to anyone in socal with a tuned file Jeremy has installed since he was told his " services were no longer required" at Powerchip on a current E63.

2. Four base runs are conducted with 15 minuite cooldowns, and Powerchip is not to touch the car in any way prior to the completion of the base runs. The base runs in this case will show the power of Jeremys claimed 50hp tune.
3. The car is returned to 100% stock without unstrapping the car or modifying any other variable
5. The dyno operator selects the highest stock run and the highest tuned run and the results are posted on mbworld by the owner of the car regardless of the outcome
6. The car is returned to the exact state it started, ie with the tune Jeremy sold the customer

We suggest that a video record is made and posted under the dyno graph, and that the test is open for forum members to attend, we are happy to have suggestions made that will ensure the test is as fair as possible.

If the car produces 50hp or more on a dynojet under these conditions, we have a true paradyme shift in the 63 tuning market, something no other tuner in the world has ever claimed to be able to achieve

Not Brabus, not Renntech, Kleemann, and certainly not Powerchip. The most Powerchip has ever gained on a Dynojet on a current E63 is about 30hp.

If the tune Jeremy installed produces about twice the power of Powerchips claim, then it shows that he has created something truly unique since he left Powerchip.

If the tune only gives 20-30hp then I will leave it for others to suggest what has occurred

What we are trying to determine here is the validity of a claim of 50hp power gain on a current e63 under controlled conditions.

Vic55 is very familiar with Powerchip, he trusted us enough to have our software installed on at least three or four cars. Vic is a powerful moderator here. Obviously, he got that software from Powerchip without any payment. I don't know how much (if anything) he paid Jeremy to install the file that is in his car, but it would be reasonable to assume he won't be providing a scan of his credit card receipt showing he paid the retail price on the day the software was installed

So I think it is reasonable for us to ask that Vic recuse himself from moderating this thread to ensure no conflict of interest arrises.

No conflict but... this is NOT your thread- start a new one please. Powerchip has always been good to me and so has Jeremy, not disputing either company or party just so everyone knows. You wont find me saying anything negative about either company. You wont once finding me doing comparisons of either company so actually Im able to be impartial so the request to recuse is not necessary. Further, this isnt a court so lets take it down a notch. Just because I went to Jeremy on my tune doesnt make your company any less worthy- It was my choice. So keep your personal comments about what I paid out of it cause it only makes you look bad. There is not such thing as a free lunch, for me, OE, or you... I think you can understand that and the value I have provided. And should we ask anyone from Evosport as well not to moderate since they actually do business with you? Lets be fair.

I think your offer is fair- just start your own thread since this is not about you but instead Racing Dad's results with someone else.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:26 PM

2011 Alpina B7, 2010 BMW X5M, 2009 Nissan GTR

We already know what happens when Powerchip gets a hold of a W212 E63, lack of professionalism and improper dyno/tuning technique yields loss of power to the vehicle and harassing phone calls to the customer to throw a superior tuner under the bus. Incompetence and jealousy of others being able to perform a duty better than oneself can cause a man who never mentally graduated from high school to do ridiculous things, this challenge being none other. Your reputation precedes you and it doesn't take much searching to find out what many others think about your company (to which I concur), all you have to do is Google your name:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Wayne...ient=firefox-a

Attached are my dyno results on my W212 E63 w/ Powerchip tune, stock, and OE tune.

Good talk... see ya out there.

Last edited by racer m; 11-01-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:21 PM

2007 E63
how about a shoot out? I donate my w211 e63, power chip can tune, then OE can tune. same day same dyno. Winner gets bragging rights and to leave the tune on my car for free!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by bmontalban
how about a shoot out? I donate my w211 e63, power chip can tune, then OE can tune. same day same dyno. Winner gets bragging rights and to leave the tune on my car for free!
Nice! Maybe we can get the Speed Channel to do a special on it. I would show up for that one.

"SoCal Tuner Wars" on SPEED.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
Ok we get it...you're proud of your entry level C-Class and you believe it's just as fast or faster than the more expensive E63, I think you've made your point. Your opinion is no more or less valid than eurowerx's results, which contradict yours. Chill.
I made that comment because eurowerx stated that a tuned c63 vs a tuned e63 would be the e63 favor. Its no brainer if both have the same hp but the c63 being 350 lighter. Who is going to win?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Administrator

I made that comment because eurowerx stated that a tuned c63 vs a tuned e63 would be the e63 favor. Its no brainer if both have the same hp but the c63 being 350 lighter. Who is going to win?
And in regards to the cars you are comparing, we know the answer but weight is not everything... case in point my GTR with its close to 4000lbs will do a good job even in stock format versus your beloved C63 (Gearing, tranny, CoeD, other factors play a large role). The ability of the GTR to transfer the power to ground is amazing and better than any Benz IMHO.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55
And in regards to the cars you are comparing, we know the answer but weight is not everything... case in point my GTR with its close to 4000lbs will do a good job even in stock format versus your beloved C63 (Gearing, tranny, CoeD, other factors play a large role). The ability of the GTR to transfer the power to ground is amazing and better than any Benz IMHO.
GTR's powertrain loss is about 11% iirc (best in the business), as it has a torque vectoring tranny that acts as a RWD car until power transfer is necessary. This, plus the best shifting tranny aside from the 458 Italia is what allows the GTR to out accelerate cars that weigh 500 lbs less with comparable power. The GTR is hands down the best sports car I have ever driven (haven't driven a 458 yet) and never ceases to amaze me. I can't wait to get mine back once the motor build is complete and experience what an 8 second car feels like.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
Originally Posted by bmontalban
We dont see this as a "shootout" to see if Jeremy or Powerchip has more power.

We se it as a test to see if The tune Jeremy sells as his produces 50hp under controlled conditions.

We have already said Powerchip has never seen more than 30 hp from our tune.

We are not against showing that the dyno posted showing Powerchips e63 tune does not loose power over stock as Jeremy claims.

So I can confirm that Powerchip is happy to participate in a test of our software on the same day
Jeremy installs a tune.

I don't think the chances are very high that Jeremy will allow a video recording of him installing software at a dyno be made, due to potential legal and immigration issues he might face from the video.

But Powerchip is ready to have a fair test conducted.

I am not sure that providing free software after the test completes is appropriate, but I wouldn't rule it out if the general feeling of the thread was that it OK so long as it was disclosed publically.

It is not appropriate for Powerchip to contact Jeremy but I know that Vic is in regular contact with him, and suggest he contact Jeremy to make the arrangments.

Let's get this happening, if Jeremys tune produces 50whp!!!!!!!!!! then I will be the first to admit he has achieved something Renntech, Kleemann, Brabus and Powerchip don't claim to do and can't do.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:19 PM

2007 E63
We dont see this as a "shootout" to see if Jeremy or Powerchip has more power.

We se it as a test to see if The tune Jeremy sells as his produces 50hp under controlled conditions.

We have already said Powerchip has never seen more than 30 hp from our tune.

We are not against showing that the dyno posted showing Powerchips e63 tune does not loose power over stock as Jeremy claims.

So I can confirm that Powerchip is happy to participate in a test of our software on the same day
Jeremy installs a tune.

I don't think the chances are very high that Jeremy will allow a video recording of him installing software at a dyno be made, due to potential legal and immigration issues he might face from the video.

But Powerchip is ready to have a fair test conducted.

I am not sure that providing free software after the test completes is appropriate, but I wouldn't rule it out if the general feeling of the thread was that it OK so long as it was disclosed publically.

It is not appropriate for Powerchip to contact Jeremy but I know that Vic is in regular contact with him, and suggest he contact Jeremy to make the arrangments.

Let's get this happening, if Jeremys tune produces 50whp!!!!!!!!!! then I will be the first to admit he has achieved something Renntech, Kleemann, Brabus and Powerchip don't claim to do and can't do.
i was just trying to mooch a free tune, thats all, lol. How about this, I am in LA. I would be willing to put my car up as a test mule. I expect nothing in return, no free tune, nada. Essentially bone stock e63 with only K&N's and no charcoals. Never been tuned. I do plan on tuning on the future. Strictly a way for you guys to settle this once and for all. 50hp is beyond what everyone else is claiming. Would it be realistic if my car made 50hp? Probably not. Like everyone says dyno results are just the end product of many different factors. Powerchips tune vs OEs tune. This will obviously only show the relative difference between the two tunes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OE Tuning Added +50 RWHP & +44TQ @ hot day of 100F!