Sponsored by:

New member: E63 AMG Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63 AMG
Smile New member: E63 AMG Pictures

Just got her about 2 weeks. So far so good, except the dam brakes are squeaking when I come to a stop
Once I pass the 1,000 miles mark, I'll bed the brakes and see if that helps! This problem seems very common from the threads I'm reading....
Just removed the Charcoal filters, next I'll change the front grill & badges to flat black, paint the calipers to orange, get CF trunk spoiler and I'm thinking about the CF rear diffuser (since I have the interior CF package)

Old 11-29-2010, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
Very nice. What color is it? Looks matte?
Old 11-29-2010, 04:10 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Platinum matte
Old 11-29-2010, 04:42 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by princealidds
Platinum matte

dayum........

really nice........

you gotta love US DOT for those orange side markers huh?
I wonder what the % is of those things changed, LOL......
planning on that myself......

enjoy the ride
Old 11-29-2010, 04:46 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Thanks! Yeah those orange side markers are a must go! I'm planning on blacking them out along with the rest....
Old 11-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Nice car!!

You dont have to wait 1k miles to bed the brakes... I did mine early and have zero squeaks.

Do the hard break in too!!!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:22 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Oh really??? Ill bed the brakes today after work! I hope the sound will stop.... its really embarrassing
Old 11-29-2010, 11:30 PM

2014 E63S
Your car is beautiful!!! Congrats! I absolutely love the designo matte colors.

How do you bed the brakes? Mine are squealing like mad...
Old 11-30-2010, 12:23 AM

2013 C63 AMG
Thanks, its pretty unique color
As for the brakes, mine are squeaking when I come to a stop too, it sucks, I just finished bedding my brakes, its better, however still there..... It seems when I brake hard, its fine, no sound! So maybe the plan is to gun it at every green light and slam on the brakes hard at every red light LOL
Here's the proper way to bed your brakes:

From 60mph, gently apply the brakes a couple of times to bring them up to operating temperature. This prevents you from thermally shocking the rotors and pads in the next steps.
Make eight to ten near-stops from 60mph to about 10-15 mph. Do it HARD by pressing the brakes firmly, but do not lock the wheels or engage ABS. At the end of each slowdown, immediately accelerate back to 60mph and then apply the brakes again. DO NOT COME TO A COMPLETE STOP! If you stop completely and sit with your foot on the brake pedal, you will imprint pad material onto the hot rotors, which could lead to vibration and uneven braking.
The brakes may begin to fade after the 7th or 8th near-stop. This fade will stabilize, but not completely go away until the brakes have fully cooled. A strong smell from the brakes, and even some smoke, is normal.
After the last near-stop, accelerate back up to speed and cruise for a while, using the brakes as little as possible. The brakes need only a few minutes to cool down. Try not to become trapped in traffic or come to a complete stop while the brakes are still very hot.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:44 AM

W212 E63
As for the brakes, mine are squeaking when I come to a stop too, it sucks, I just finished bedding my brakes, its better, however still there..... It seems when I brake hard, its fine, no sound! So maybe the plan is to gun it at every green light and slam on the brakes hard at every red light LOL

at 5 Bills a pop for rotors and additional for pads, that's an expensive way get rid of the squeak!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Banned

AMGs
Congrats and welcome to the club. Enjoy her in good health.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:57 PM

2014 E63S
Here's the proper way to bed your brakes:

From 60mph, gently apply the brakes a couple of times to bring them up to operating temperature. This prevents you from thermally shocking the rotors and pads in the next steps.
Make eight to ten near-stops from 60mph to about 10-15 mph. Do it HARD by pressing the brakes firmly, but do not lock the wheels or engage ABS. At the end of each slowdown, immediately accelerate back to 60mph and then apply the brakes again. DO NOT COME TO A COMPLETE STOP! If you stop completely and sit with your foot on the brake pedal, you will imprint pad material onto the hot rotors, which could lead to vibration and uneven braking.
The brakes may begin to fade after the 7th or 8th near-stop. This fade will stabilize, but not completely go away until the brakes have fully cooled. A strong smell from the brakes, and even some smoke, is normal.
After the last near-stop, accelerate back up to speed and cruise for a while, using the brakes as little as possible. The brakes need only a few minutes to cool down. Try not to become trapped in traffic or come to a complete stop while the brakes are still very hot.
Much appreciated! Wonderfully detailed. Hopefully I can find the time to do this tomorrow. Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by E-Ridium 63
at 5 Bills a pop for rotors and additional for pads, that's an expensive way get rid of the squeak!
LOL- its the right way to break in brakes...

I did it on all my recent cars

4 AMGs
4 M's
2 TT's (996 and 997)
GT-R
IS-F

and few choice others
Old 12-01-2010, 11:38 AM

2013 C63 AMG
Hi vic55
so i bed my brakes yesterday.... however the squeaking is still present..... you think the brakes could be defective or needs more time to break in? I wanted to go to the dealership and see if they'll replace the pads or brakes???
Thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 11:53 AM

e63 2010 W212
price nice color!!! very unique. That's awesome. i waned to the same color after I went to AMG academy and saw the SLS with those colors.

on a side note, I think i know your old car. Did you use to have a 550 BMW?
Old 12-01-2010, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Great looking car, congrats
Old 12-01-2010, 05:20 PM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Racing Dad
price nice color!!! very unique. That's awesome. i waned to the same color after I went to AMG academy and saw the SLS with those colors.

Thanks bud i had a black 911c4s with aero kit and silver m5.....
Old 12-01-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo, 2020 GLC 63, 2014 Audi S6, 2014 GL63; past 2019 M5 and 2011 E63
Hi vic55
so i bed my brakes yesterday.... however the squeaking is still present..... you think the brakes could be defective or needs more time to break in? I wanted to go to the dealership and see if they'll replace the pads or brakes???
Thanks
Princealidds:

Thanks for posting more pictures of your car. It looks great and unique!

As to the brake squealing issue, I had that issue as well and it was driving me crazy . . . I searched a number of the MB forums for help and you can find reference to it on most - both AMG and surprisingly non-AMG boards. You will also see a variety of solutions - mostly bedding the brakes but even a few that suggest working the brakes hard in reverse -- and all I could tell is sometimes they worked (for a while) and often they did not. I also saw lots of references to interactions with the various MB Dealers across the country which would repeat the refrain that these "performance" brakes can squeak and that it doesn't compromise braking performance - so you need to learn to live with it.

So needless to say I was concerned that I was not going to be able to fix what I felt was a real problem. It was a big enough problem (for me) that I am not sure I would buy another Mercedes if I could not at least mitigate it significantly.

Fortunately, my MB Dealership was very helpful (after pressing the issue). They did acknowledge that the squealing of my brakes was among the worst they had heard. In my case, they tried bedding the brakes first - didn't work at all. The next step was they agreed to replace the brake pads and de-glaze the rotors. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I say this but that seems to have worked after putting on another 1,000 miles since that service (my brakes still squeak occasionally - but it is soooo much better than what I had dealt with before that I am fine with it). I am not sure what will happen when I ultimately have to replace these brake pads, but I will worry about that a few years down the road.

Maybe Vic55 is on to something when he talks about breaking in the car "hard" because I babied the car for the first 1,000 miles and still picked up that horrible squeal.

I hope my experience is helpful to you. All I can say for those of you on the board who are fortunate not to have picked up a bad case of "brake squeal" - it really diminishes the joy of driving this car. And I really love driving this car!! Every time I would come to a nearly full or full stop, I would sound like a well worn Chicago tax cab pulling up next to you at the light. Then folks would cringe as they look over at you and mutter to themselves "Oh, so that's what a brand new $90k plus Mercedes sounds like. . ."
Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Hi vic55
Thanks
Give it more time... you might have a bit of coating on there that needs to be removed by more braking.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:21 AM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by South Ocean1
Princealidds:

Thanks for posting more pictures of your car. It looks great and unique!

As to the brake squealing issue, I had that issue as well and it was driving me crazy . . . I searched a number of the MB forums for help and you can find reference to it on most - both AMG and surprisingly non-AMG boards. You will also see a variety of solutions - mostly bedding the brakes but even a few that suggest working the brakes hard in reverse -- and all I could tell is sometimes they worked (for a while) and often they did not. I also saw lots of references to interactions with the various MB Dealers across the country which would repeat the refrain that these "performance" brakes can squeak and that it doesn't compromise braking performance - so you need to learn to live with it.

So needless to say I was concerned that I was not going to be able to fix what I felt was a real problem. It was a big enough problem (for me) that I am not sure I would buy another Mercedes if I could not at least mitigate it significantly.

Fortunately, my MB Dealership was very helpful (after pressing the issue). They did acknowledge that the squealing of my brakes was among the worst they had heard. In my case, they tried bedding the brakes first - didn't work at all. The next step was they agreed to replace the brake pads and de-glaze the rotors. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I say this but that seems to have worked after putting on another 1,000 miles since that service (my brakes still squeak occasionally - but it is soooo much better than what I had dealt with before that I am fine with it). I am not sure what will happen when I ultimately have to replace these brake pads, but I will worry about that a few years down the road.

Maybe Vic55 is on to something when he talks about breaking in the car "hard" because I babied the car for the first 1,000 miles and still picked up that horrible squeal.

I hope my experience is helpful to you. All I can say for those of you on the board who are fortunate not to have picked up a bad case of "brake squeal" - it really diminishes the joy of driving this car. And I really love driving this car!! Every time I would come to a nearly full or full stop, I would sound like a well worn Chicago tax cab pulling up next to you at the light. Then folks would cringe as they look over at you and mutter to themselves "Oh, so that's what a brand new $90k plus Mercedes sounds like. . ."

Great thank you for the input! I'll try bedding the car tomorrow otherwise I'll take it to the dealership!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:22 AM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Vic55
Give it more time... you might have a bit of coating on there that needs to be removed by more braking.

Hope so......

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:27 AM

2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Racing Dad

By the way, your car looks great, I like the mods you've done... That's exactly what I wanted to do to my car: Black grill, side marker & rear CF diffuser. I bought the spray paint that you recommended...... Did you do it all yourself or had it professionally done? Where did you get the rear diffuser installed? That's the one from Revozport?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:10 PM

e63 2010 W212
Thanks bud i had a black 911c4s with aero kit and silver m5.....
OK... I think that might be you. yeah, silver. Were you in long beach a lot? I think i saw your car a handful of times parked around in LB.

By the way, your car looks great, I like the mods you've done... That's exactly what I wanted to do to my car: Black grill, side marker & rear CF diffuser. I bought the spray paint that you recommended...... Did you do it all yourself or had it professionally done? Where did you get the rear diffuser installed? That's the one from Revozport?
Why thank you. I did everything myself. Well technically, I had one of the guys here are work do it. But that being said, I didn't take it out to have it professionally done. It just depends on how technically inclined you are and how comfortable you are with it.

I got the diffuser online through revosport directly. They offer 10% discount for being part of MB world. Shipping is still the same, about $80.

Install, was pretty straight forward. You won't be able to put your stock diffuser back on, had to drill 2 holes. And the fit was pretty spot on.

Personally i like the Vath diffuse much better, but it's $3K. too expensive for my taste.

The rustoleum works great! A couple of other members did the same thing I did and had good results too.

Congrats again on the new car. LOVE the color!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:26 AM

2013 C63 AMG
Went to MB yesterday, complained about my squeaking brakes & they did replace the front brake pads....... Now car is perfect
Old 12-17-2010, 07:09 AM

2014 E63S
Went to MB yesterday, complained about my squeaking brakes & they did replace the front brake pads....... Now car is perfect
Did the same with my car. They replaced the rear brake pads with the same result. All is well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New member: E63 AMG Pictures