W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63 Scheduled Maintenance Costs (Canada)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:49 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
A black car
E63 Scheduled Maintenance Costs (Canada)?

I'm thinking about getting a new E63 and I was wondering if any Canadian owners had any insight into the scheduled maintenance costs for this car.

I realize these aren't cheap to own but at the same time I'd don't want to be spending all my "fun money" maintaining the car.

My current car has scheduled service every 3 months. Is that how it works with MBs or is it different?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I'm thinking about getting a new E63 and I was wondering if any Canadian owners had any insight into the scheduled maintenance costs for this car.

I realize these aren't cheap to own but at the same time I'd don't want to be spending all my "fun money" maintaining the car.

My current car has scheduled service every 3 months. Is that how it works with MBs or is it different?
You have a car the schedules service every 3 months? WTF is that? No car needs service every 3 months unless you are driving a stupid amount of miles and in that case dont get this car get a Honda.

I had my oil changed after 3k miles and now will drive it until the service monitor tells me to go in. I think it depends on how you drive the car on when the monitor requires you to take your car in.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:01 PM

A black car
Scheduled service is every 3 months or XXXX KM (I forget how many). I just take it in every 3 months becuase it's easy to remember. I only drive like 20,000 km (about 12,500 miles) a year.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S4
Scheduled service is every 3 months or XXXX KM (I forget how many). I just take it in every 3 months becuase it's easy to remember. I only drive like 20,000 km (about 12,500 miles) a year.
In the US, service is every 10,000 miles or 1 year (whichever comes first)...

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...ntenance#s_les

What are they doing to your car every 3 months??
Old 03-08-2011, 01:13 PM

A black car
Originally Posted by asm777
In the US, service is every 10,000 miles or 1 year (whichever comes first)...

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...ntenance#s_les

What are they doing to your car every 3 months??
Most of the times it's just oil changes but every 6 - 12 months is a more comprehensive service. Usually when I bring it in they say they'll just do an oil change since I don't have enough milage to require "full" service.

I was just doing some rough math and actually I drive only about 16,000 km (just under 10,000 miles) a year. So with scheduled service every 10,000 miles I'd be taking in once a year.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E63
Most of the times it's just oil changes but every 6 - 12 months is a more comprehensive service. Usually when I bring it in they say they'll just do an oil change since I don't have enough milage to require "full" service.

I was just doing some rough math and actually I drive only about 16,000 km (just under 10,000 miles) a year. So with scheduled service every 10,000 miles I'd be taking in once a year.
I think your service advisor is doing you a disservice by telling you to come in every 3 mths when you don't drive all that much. Don't know what you drive, but if you're running syn oil, on your usage pattern you probably only need to go in once a year for an oil change. As for other service...if your car is new or relatively new, there shouldn't be any need for any service every six months or even a year. If you read the service schedules in the back of manual, most of the service is usually visual inspections and topping up fluids. Just my advice
Old 03-08-2011, 02:41 PM

A black car
Originally Posted by E-Ridium 63
I think your service advisor is doing you a disservice by telling you to come in every 3 mths when you don't drive all that much. Don't know what you drive, but if you're running syn oil, on your usage pattern you probably only need to go in once a year for an oil change. As for other service...if your car is new or relatively new, there shouldn't be any need for any service every six months or even a year. If you read the service schedules in the back of manual, most of the service is usually visual inspections and topping up fluids. Just my advice
They're not recommending that I bring it in every 3 months, I just book the appointments becuase that's what was suggested in the manual.

I'm just running regular oil in the car and I'm sure I could cut my service intervals back a lot but they're not expensive and it saves me from always checking my milage and remembering to book an appointment. This way I just have my service appointments automatically scheduled for the 15th day of every 3rd month.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pontiac firefly
^what current car are you driving? other than it being black in color