Notices
W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no downshift rev matching blips

 
Old 02-02-2012, 01:59 AM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
vdubpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: OC
Posts: 6,043
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
no downshift rev matching blips

my car isnt making the downshift blips in S+ mode. i dont know whats up with that?
vdubpower is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
W212 E63
Originally Posted by vdubpower View Post
my car isnt making the downshift blips in S+ mode. i dont know whats up with that?
If you're not hard-breaking in your motor, then its likely that you don't have enough speed combined with enough braking force to get the blip action going. If you are driving normally in S+, there isn't much blip.

Try this, get on the interstate and hit an off ramp with speed...call it 80+, then brake hard into the turn.....it will blip.....
E-Ridium 63 is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 12:45 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG, 458 Speciale
^ what he said
aznflightfreak2 is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 12:49 PM
  #4  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 21,060
Thanked 666 Times in 645 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
what do you mean by blip?
hyperion667 is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 03:32 PM
  #5  
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 11,709
Thanked 585 Times in 403 Posts
2017 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by E-Ridium 63 View Post
If you're not hard-breaking in your motor, then its likely that you don't have enough speed combined with enough braking force to get the blip action going. If you are driving normally in S+, there isn't much blip.

Try this, get on the interstate and hit an off ramp with speed...call it 80+, then brake hard into the turn.....it will blip.....
Exactly.

Drive the car faster and with more aggression. I have been throttle blipping since day 1 in the CLS via S+ and Drive mode.
Vic55 is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,426
Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by hyperion667 View Post
what do you mean by blip?
Hopefully I'm wording this correctly: With regular manual transmission, it means the heel-n-toe maneuver where you increase the rev a little before downshifting to minimize the jerkiness associated with downshifting.

In E63's type of modern semi-auto transmission, the computer automatically does the "blip" for you.
otakki is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 04:30 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 1,550
Thanked 127 Times in 108 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG Pano, 2002 Audi A4 1.8t
they're charging way to much for this...Weistec also has this FYI.
hachiroku is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 04:50 PM
  #8  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 21,060
Thanked 666 Times in 645 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
hyperion667 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 06:07 PM
  #9  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 e63s w212
Downshift

Just tap on the Gaspedal and quick release it and it will downshift in S+ mode. No need to slam on breaks.
The219boys is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 11:23 AM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 30
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by The219boys View Post
Just tap on the Gaspedal and quick release it and it will downshift in S+ mode. No need to slam on breaks.
This is ALSO true. Barely/slightly double tap the accelerator pedal and it will down shift to the lowest gear available. This is different than what the original post was referencing.
sheefo2k is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 01:28 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
PeterUbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,436
Thanks: 0
Thanked 445 Times in 384 Posts
2014 E63S, 2014 Acura MDX, 2008 Infiniti G35x
Originally Posted by The219boys View Post
Just tap on the Gaspedal and quick release it and it will downshift in S+ mode. No need to slam on breaks.
cool!! I had no idea it did this
PeterUbers is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 03:47 PM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 93
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
E63S Wagon, C300 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post
cool!! I had no idea it did this
\

Me neither! Sometimes this has happened and I just thought the transmission was freaking out LOL.

Hands free shifting - too cool.
I.T. Guy is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 09:48 AM
  #13  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 21,060
Thanked 666 Times in 645 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
Damn you guys should get to know your AMG's
hyperion667 is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 11:31 AM
  #14  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sl 500
Originally Posted by hyperion667 View Post
Damn you guys should get to know your AMG's
Any other tips ??

I just found out that if you press and hold the re-circulation button it closes all the windows and sunroof, as it assumes are you travelling through a polluted stretch of road....pretty neat.

I sold my M6 Gran Coupe and bought a low mileage 2015 E63 as a stop gap until they release the new M8 Gran Coupe.

So I am an AMG newbie, but really admiring the W212 E63 AMG, and I am a big BMW ///M car fan and currently own and have had several of them.

Job well done by AMG on this platform I'd say !
sl500london is offline  
Old 03-19-2019, 09:06 AM
  #15  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 c300
Originally Posted by sl500london View Post
Any other tips ??

I just found out that if you press and hold the re-circulation button it closes all the windows and sunroof, as it assumes are you travelling through a polluted stretch of road....pretty neat.

I sold my M6 Gran Coupe and bought a low mileage 2015 E63 as a stop gap until they release the new M8 Gran Coupe.

So I am an AMG newbie, but really admiring the W212 E63 AMG, and I am a big BMW ///M car fan and currently own and have had several of them.

Job well done by AMG on this platform I'd say !
how would you compare the M6 Gran Coupe to the W212 E63 AMG? I'm thinking of doing the opposite and trading in the 63.
c3004wife is online now  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: no downshift rev matching blips


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: