W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beta Testing New Mercedes Biturbo Exhaust. Need Your Input.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Received 519 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Beta Testing New Mercedes Biturbo Exhaust. Need Your Input.

Hey Guys,

My car was recently test fitted with a new Switzer (yes the GTR and Porsche tuner) cat-back exhaust. I was contacted by them to see if they could use my car to test/fit a prototype system for the Mercedes Biturbo. They wanted to get my input as well as others regarding their new exhaust before they produce a final product. The dyno showed that the exhaust alone added 30hp and 50 ft-lbs of torque to my PP CLS63. The sound it makes is deeper and about 50% louder than stock.....get on it and it sounds spectacular. Also, no highway drone was noted.

What do you guys think about the appearance and the sound of this set-up? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Sorry for the poor video but at least it gives you an idea of the sound.

BTW, this system is not for sale yet and I have no affiliation with Switzer.

Bad Video:
Old 12-16-2012, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG SLS White
Dave,

First beautiful car!

My opinion, no catback in the world is going to give you 30hp and 50 lb ft on these cars, heck any car.

I've seen mine in the air before and after the full exhaust and can tell you there isn't much restriction in back. It's all up front with the cats.

Nice tips though!

If you wouldn't mind could you please remove the added "problem" tag to my 800rwtq E63 Biturbo thread in this forum. I didn't put it there and it should not be there as there are no problems.

Best Regards
Matt S.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Matt, how did a new member like you know my name was Dave? Is Andy your middle name?

I will check with IB regarding the tag issue that you are concerned about. I do not know if they are computer generated or manually assigned.

As for as the stated HP and torque figures, those were relayed to me from Tim Switzer. I'm sure you know Tim is a very well know guy in the industry and a straight shooter. I bet he'd be happy to discuss the gains he's made if you give him a call. Again, I'm not here to push a product........just looking for feedback.

BTW, I'm not feeling the tips. I think they extend too far and look awkward.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:16 PM

AMG SLS White
Originally Posted by Rock
Matt, how did a new member like you know my name was Dave? Is Andy your middle name?

I will check with IB regarding the tag issue that you are concerned about. I do not know if they are computer generated or manually assigned.

As for as the stated HP and torque figures, those were relayed to me from Tim Switzer. I'm sure you know Tim is a very well know guy in the industry and a straight shooter. I bet he'd be happy to discuss the gains he's made if you give him a call. Again, I'm not here to push a product........just looking for feedback.

BTW, I'm not feeling the tips. I think they extend too far and look awkward.
Yes no doubt Andy told me your name. He said you were probably the only non crooked moderator on this forum LOL. Take that as you will.

Thanks for checking the tag issue out. I'd be shocked if the site was commanded to automatically assign the word "problem" to certain threads, then again maybe not...

I have a full exhaust already and was just trying to relay some helpful info along, if you look at your OEM catback you'll see what I'm saying. No chance of 30 horse and 50 torque without removing the cats and doing work upstream. That's my feedback having done a full exhaust. Not trying to be negative nor would I care if God himself made the catback. With PP and the gains they claim you should be able to run with most aftermarket tuned M157s. That would make for an interesting race.

I really like the tips the shape and that they have switzer stamped into them, I do see what you're saying about how far they stick out but all in all I think the tips look great. Maybe some shots from farther back will even things out?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Tell Andy I said hi and let him know that I'm honored that he doesn't feel that I'm "crooked".

As far as the power gains with this system. I'm sure Switzer will provide all Dynos when a finished product is produced.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
exhaust

the system sounds good but agree on the tips. They look cheap. Maybe some adjustments to bring them in might changes things

Is it a turbo back with down pipe system
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
04 E55 B07
Rock, let me know if you're looking to sell your stock bi turbo mufflers if you decide to upgrade to the Switzer setup. Or anyone else on this forum.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:47 AM

AMG SLS White
Originally Posted by mertd93
Rock, let me know if you're looking to sell your stock bi turbo mufflers if you decide to upgrade to the Switzer setup. Or anyone else on this forum.
Not to cut in if Rock does want to sell his but I have a full 2012 E63 stock exhaust for sale if anyone wants it. from downtipe to tips.

It's just taking up room in the warehouse.

Located in Goodale Blvd, Columbus, OH 43212 for those thinking of transport.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:49 AM

AMG SLS White
Originally Posted by Rock
Tell Andy I said hi and let him know that I'm honored that he doesn't feel that I'm "crooked".

As far as the power gains with this system. I'm sure Switzer will provide all Dynos when a finished product is produced.

I did and he chuckled.

He said superlub something was also a good guy but may not be on the site still due to getting a Rover.

Anyway glad to know they'll be posting some graphs. Thanks for all the info and for donating your car for a good cause.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
04 E55 B07
Originally Posted by benzp_714
Not to cut in if Rock does want to sell his but I have a full 2012 E63 stock exhaust for sale if anyone wants it. from downtipe to tips.

It's just taking up room in the warehouse.

Located in Goodale Blvd, Columbus, OH 43212 for those thinking of transport.
Pm sent.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
The tips stick out too far....if you pull them back it will look more integrated....look at the tips on the GTR beside your car

Sounds awesome!

Last edited by callmiro; 12-18-2012 at 09:07 AM.