W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Wise"tec attitude - warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Whenever I call WEISTEC,I get a courteous and prompt response,mind you they're not angels,we all make mistakes,but rectifying them is key which they do.They helped out with my headers install which i purchased from another company with detailed pictures(email) and on the phone,tuned my ECU after the fact.Probs and a BIG thank you for WEISTEC.

Last edited by cls55; 08-13-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cls55
Whenever I call WEISTEC,I get a courtois and prompt response,mind you they're not angels,we all make mistakes,but rectifying them is key which they do.They helped out with my headers install which i purchased from another company with detailed pictures(email) and on the phone,tuned my ECU after the fact.Probs and a BIG thank you for WEISTEC.
Same, never had a problem. They went all the way and hooked me up when it was needed. That's why I support them now. Never a problem with anyone on the Weistec team.

They even offered to send me a product and "pay them whenever", not too many places do that.

Durning the blower install and switching to head studs, Steve was always prompt with support despite being over seas in the middle east.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
Sounds like both parties are at fault. The OP sounded like he was being overly sarcastic or just a jerk and Weistec could have shown a little more restraint in dealing with it.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by cls55
Whenever I call WEISTEC,I get a courtois and prompt response,mind you they're not angels,we all make mistakes,but rectifying them is key which they do.They helped out with my headers install which i purchased from another company with detailed pictures(email) and on the phone,tuned my ECU after the fact.Probs and a BIG thank you for WEISTEC.
+1.

Gotta say, despite me still not having bought anything major from them, the Weistec crew has been nothing but helpful to me. Last airstrip event I got a flat tire and they even gave me a tire patch kit to get me back up and running.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 amg
I don't doubt it. In fact when I called and asked for Steve, the gentleman who answered the phone was as nice as can be. He was also apologetic Steve wasn't available at that time. So I do give them credit for having some nice people in their staff.

I also don't discredit those of you that have had positive experiences. I'm sure many of you have. I just wish people wouldn't be so quick to judge just because I happened to have less than a positive experience. Seems like I wasn't alone either. At the end of the day, even if the customer is a total *******, he or she is still the customer. That's why customer service is a long lost art form. Try going to Asia and see what customer service is all about. There's a reason why they set the standards on customer service

Originally Posted by xtyper
+1.

Gotta say, despite me still not having bought anything major from them, the Weistec crew has been nothing but helpful to me. Last airstrip event I got a flat tire and they even gave me a tire patch kit to get me back up and running.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:38 PM

E63 amg
I don't disagree with you. Yes I could have not said any comments about his sales staff. But honestly, I never resorted to calling names and belittling him which clearly crossed the line. You didn't hear him spitting profanity at me, which I NEVER did. And to me that is never right, even if the roles were reversed

Originally Posted by JumpinJim
Sounds like both parties are at fault. The OP sounded like he was being overly sarcastic or just a jerk and Weistec could have shown a little more restraint in dealing with it.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:11 PM

Black '10 E63
I called them a month ago regarding pricing on a product. Spoke with one of their sales guys and they were courteous over the phone. Asked for my email and stated they'd email me back. Repeated my email address twice over the phone. They never emailed me back. Can't say I'm terribly impressed with the follow through but alas, we all get busy and things get lost in the shuffle.

After reading the slew of negative press on Weistec however, I've chosen not to follow up with them. They ain't the only game in town and life's too short to chase after a vendor.

[Edited to add] Forgot to mention there was no reply from Weistec in my junk folder.

Last edited by sikm3; 08-12-2013 at 09:24 PM.