Sponsored by:

40 pics of my E63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 11:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by JJCTHE1
I would say the front end is the most aggessive point of the car and looks completely different and more "beefy and mean" per say in person. I think that is everyones favorite part of the car. My bro came to visit me this past weekend, I sent him plenty of photos and when he saw it sitting outside the airport he was amazed as to how much "better and mean" the car looked in person. His words not mine!!

I love the front end. The old front end looked too much like an old man S class to me. Coupled with the new lights I think it screams MOVE OVER!

I've never had CF on any of my vehicles before (other than the small trunk spoiler on the C63), so was excited to have it on this car.

I am having the vehicle tinted today, then I'll have the look I am after, other than possibly some 20s later on. Will post some pics afterwards.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
I'm just not used to the new front end's roundness that contrasts against the angular lines on the rest of the body. Redesigning the front lights in a way to maintain the signature 4 separate housings rather than merging them together would have been ideal IMO.

Also, the area around the exhaust tips is also too busy for me. The way the same area is done for the new S63 is what it should look like.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:27 PM

2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by otakki
Also, the area around the exhaust tips is also too busy for me. The way the same area is done for the new S63 is what it should look like.
I'd agree with this. The night package helps here as it blacks out the chrome strip.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
I have just noticed that the front brakes have been changed to a different 2-piece rotor design. Did MB change this for the '14 or was the change already there on the '13?
Old 11-10-2013, 12:37 PM

2014 E63 S
Some winter weather pics

Old 11-10-2013, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S Wagon
Most lovely. Assuming this is an "S" model....how does the "fixed" torque split of 67 / 33 perform in the snow? I'm accustomed to the variable "active" differential in the 2013 CLS550 but would love to hear your impressions of E63 AMG winter driving characteristics.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:57 PM
DRL

Porsche GT3RS
great pics, and thanks for posting. i have a white wagon on order and i'm still struggling over the exterior trim options - carbon vs night styling vs neither... ugh, can't make up my mind.

i am getting carbon on the inside for sure, but hesitating to pull the trigger on a 5k option for a few exterior bits. i guess i'm in this deep, may as well go all the way! it seems the carbon trim blends with white exterior a bit better than the gloss black of night styling.

Last edited by DRL; 11-10-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 Saab 93 TurboX SC (BSR stage 1)/2014 E63 S Wagon (Rebellion Tuned/Renntech Sport Mufflers)
Nice pictures of a white car in the white stuff! Did you try to "drift" the beast a bit in the slippery stuff?

What tint did you go with? It looks nice!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:40 PM

2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by hawkam68
Most lovely. Assuming this is an "S" model....how does the "fixed" torque split of 67 / 33 perform in the snow? I'm accustomed to the variable "active" differential in the 2013 CLS550 but would love to hear your impressions of E63 AMG winter driving characteristics.
The non-amg 4matic is better in the snow for sure. The fixed system takes some getting used to coming from a C350 4matic... But there is no mistaking that the E63 is putting four paws on the ground. Much better than my RWD C63 was in the snow.

In the dry I can't really tell as I haven't pushed the car that hard in the corners. It does help when accelerating in wet weather though.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:41 PM

2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by kart125
Nice pictures of a white car in the white stuff! Did you try to "drift" the beast a bit in the slippery stuff?

What tint did you go with? It looks nice!
haven't tried drifting yet, no..I bet it will take a lot to get it to go sideways with the 4matic... I might not have the stones for it in such an expensive car

Tint is 20% I believe
Old 11-10-2013, 05:08 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
looks great in the snow
Old 11-10-2013, 05:14 PM

240d
Really looks great in the snow!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
you have snow tires on yours?
Old 11-11-2013, 02:04 AM

2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by nstanford99
you have snow tires on yours?
Yep, Pirelli sottozeros. Check the winter tire thread for my thoughts on them.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:32 AM

2010 S4 (sold), 2014 E63 S Wagon
Originally Posted by Chocofishez
The non-amg 4matic is better in the snow for sure. The fixed system takes some getting used to coming from a C350 4matic... But there is no mistaking that the E63 is putting four paws on the ground. Much better than my RWD C63 was in the snow.

In the dry I can't really tell as I haven't pushed the car that hard in the corners. It does help when accelerating in wet weather though.
Very valuable feedback !!! you are the first person that I know of to talk about the 4WD on the E63 in winter/snow weather - it was the #1 decision for me.

Can you add a little more color to the driving feeling and how the non AMG 4matic is better and how this is better than the C63.

I am getting pirelli sotozeros too.. and have them on my current s4 (quattro is awsome on snow/wet weather).
Old 11-11-2013, 12:16 PM

2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by plivac
Can you add a little more color to the driving feeling and how the non AMG 4matic is better and how this is better than the C63.
My understanding of the standard 4matic is that it can go anywhere between 70/30 front to rear and back again. So if needed you could have nearly 2x as much power to the front wheels as you can on the AMG 4matic. Driving our C350 4matic you just go about your drive and the electronics find a way to keep you out of trouble. It is a fantastic car in even the coldest weather.

Because the AMG 4matic is a fixed system you will always have a boatload of power going to the rear wheels, and with 590 ft/lbs available from 1500 rpm it doesn't take much pedal to remind yourself of that! I have activated the traction light a few times and to be honest I drive it like a RWD car. Considering it is kind of a halfway halfway house between my old C63 and the C350 we still have, it feels more like the '63 than the 350.

But it is still very good. I'm not an automotive journalist but here are some of my other impressions

1. When driving my C63 in the winter I was always very conscious of exactly where my rears would be when coming up to an icy stop sign, or when approaching an incline. Not so in the E63. I have not yet had an issue getting traction from a stop. It is very confidence inspiring and totally changes the driving experience compared to the C63 and all the M3s I had before it. Just like I would in the dry, I am out-accelerating all the SUVs and trucks from stoplights and I still carry that AMG swagger where in the C63 I had to be a lot more cautious and timid. There are tonnes of S4s around here and I'm sure one of them will goad me on at one point.

2. The C350 4matic is a gentle, forgiving system in the winter. With winter tires on you really need to screw it up to get out of shape. The E63 has much more of an edge, and a narrower envelope to work within... but there is still always power to the front so it will bail you out in ways a RWD car can't.

3. If I *had* to get there and it was truly terrible outside I would take the C350. My take on it is if the weather doesn't permit an AMG driving style, why put one on the road.

4. I traded up to the E63 because of the 4matic, and the nature of our weather here. We can have extended springs and falls, but usually only get a couple weeks of real cold. My goal was to extend the 'sporty' driving season and I think with the AMG 4matic and the performance winter tires I've accomplished that so far.

5. I do have the confidence to drive the E63 around town and to work in genuine winter conditions, where I didn't with the C63.

I know that's not the most detailed assessment but I am still getting used to the car myself. I'll post more as I learn more this winter
Old 11-11-2013, 01:56 PM

2010 S4 (sold), 2014 E63 S Wagon

I know that's not the most detailed assessment but I am still getting used to the car myself. I'll post more as I learn more this winter
Far from it.... this is VERY helpful and informative
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 AM

2014 E63 S
So I just got back from a late night drive in the snow. I turned the traction control off and had some fun in some low speed turns.

The car behaves like a rwd car when provoked. The quick 180 in a cul de sac is effortless and feels just like a rwd car. It also drifts quite easily, but catches itself sooner than the c63 would if you over cook it.

I'm quite impressed! Seems to me like the AMG engineers have really gotten the best of both worlds here. No you cannot drive it like a plebeian AWD car. it has some attitude and you must respect the power. But there is power to the front and if you are driving slowly you will be fine.

I don't get the feeling at all that they designed the awd strictly for winter use. It is a performance AWD system. If you are looking for a genuine AWD car and you don't like RWD at all you may not be happy with the E63 in the snow. But if you can hack a RWD you will be rewarded as it acts like a good RWD car with an angel over your shoulder.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 G63 & 2022 G63
But if you can hack a RWD you will be rewarded as it acts like a good RWD car with an angel over your shoulder.
Nicely put...
Old 11-12-2013, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
11' E220 CDI
Loving the winter pictures. Amazing car you have there..
Old 11-12-2013, 10:54 PM

E63 amg
Congrats on your beautiful new car! Just be very careful when wiping down the piano trims as they will scratch easily like clearcoat on car paint!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:47 AM

2014 E63 S
So I got past the official break in and have had some more time with the car.

1. It's fast. Puts down the power really we'll over broken/ uneven pavement.

2. 3rd gear is the gem of the box with all that torque down low and the top end speed.

3. I am definitely driving it harder than previous RWD cars I've owned. A lot more pedal earlier.

4. It is really well rounded. I have had it out in some sh*t weather and it's done fine. Slow rolling thru traffic is still pleasant with all the tech and amenities in the E. And it's so crazy fast in a straight line.

5. My wife likes it a lot better than the C.... Riding in it anyway. She's driven it a bit and had good things to say but I could tell she's still getting used to the larger car.

6. Couple annoying things.
A. There is a plastic cover that surrounds the latch in the trunk. Comes off all the time.
B. The ski bag comes loose and is a pain to put back in.
C. Transmission is slow in manual mode. Need to develop a feel for the motor and pull the paddle well early of the shift light. You get used to it but I can see how people new to the car would b*tch about this.
D. The sound is nice but not as hairy as the 6.2. Miss that.
E. MB hasn't improved the dash display. In amg mode the temps should not be in the middle like that. They could get by with a warning light. The digital speed readout should be bigger, and the current gear bigger too.

7. Love the 360 camera. I haven't let the car park itself yet but will try soon.

8. I've been more apt to run in sport mode than in my previous c63, and I think it gives the car a great edge.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:11 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Thumbs down

Amazing/stunning amg well done

Very interesting comments also thanks for sharing
Old 11-26-2013, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML350 BT, C63 AMG Edition 507, C400, GLE350d
Great! Would you like to tell me the real fuel consumption of your car? I really wanna know it!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:12 PM

2014 E63 S
So I got past the official break in and have had some more time with the car.

1. It's fast. Puts down the power really we'll over broken/ uneven pavement.

2. 3rd gear is the gem of the box with all that torque down low and the top end speed.

3. I am definitely driving it harder than previous RWD cars I've owned. A lot more pedal earlier.

4. It is really well rounded. I have had it out in some sh*t weather and it's done fine. Slow rolling thru traffic is still pleasant with all the tech and amenities in the E. And it's so crazy fast in a straight line.

5. My wife likes it a lot better than the C.... Riding in it anyway. She's driven it a bit and had good things to say but I could tell she's still getting used to the larger car.

6. Couple annoying things.
A. There is a plastic cover that surrounds the latch in the trunk. Comes off all the time.
B. The ski bag comes loose and is a pain to put back in.
C. Transmission is slow in manual mode. Need to develop a feel for the motor and pull the paddle well early of the shift light. You get used to it but I can see how people new to the car would b*tch about this.
D. The sound is nice but not as hairy as the 6.2. Miss that.
E. MB hasn't improved the dash display. In amg mode the temps should not be in the middle like that. They could get by with a warning light. The digital speed readout should be bigger, and the current gear bigger too.

7. Love the 360 camera. I haven't let the car park itself yet but will try soon.

8. I've been more apt to run in sport mode than in my previous c63, and I think it gives the car a great edge.
What do you think of your dynamic seat massage?

Also, I noticed your car is de-badged. Did you order it that way? Or de-badge it yourself? I was thinking of doing the same thing but I'm a little worried about messing up the paint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 40 pics of my E63s