Sponsored by:

Possible new owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-GAGL Heavy
Possible new owner

Hello all, I'm looking at a CPO E63, with the last gen NA 6.2 V8. From what I can tell, they seem to be bulletproof, but I would like to know something i may have missed in my google searches. I'd be selling my Cayenne, as I'm getting a Land Rover Defender that will satiate all my towing and dirt road needs, extra parking means extra toys. Also, as odd as it sounds, I'm also considering a CLA45 AMG. Any thoughts from owners?
Old 04-08-2014, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
two different cars, CLA will feel a lot more tight, smaller car obviously. The E63 is a great daily car! i love my TT 14, however the NA exhaust is insane! If you looking for a used CLA my dealer has one that is white!

really it depends on what you want out of the car, the CLA is very cool, but a small car, i couldnt see myself driving it daily. the materials inside you can tell are cheaper than those of the E, especially the AMG.

Here is the link for the CLA:

http://www.mercedesbenzofpittsburgh....5d723d86b3.htm

they also have a used NA E63 as well!

http://www.mercedesbenzofpittsburgh....cf369a289d.htm
Old 04-08-2014, 12:12 PM

C-GAGL Heavy
I'm a bit of a sucker for an exhaust note. I was all but sold on a Quattroporte, but just couldn't bring myself do deal with an italian car for a daily driver. Thanks for the insight, as to the interior quality, that can be a deal breaker for me. The reason I backed out of a GTR purchase a few years ago.

Is it safe to assume that the electrics and general construction of the w212 is leaps and bounds ahead of where Mercedes was in the early-mid 2000's?
Old 04-08-2014, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'12 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by AdrianL
Is it safe to assume that the electrics and general construction of the w212 is leaps and bounds ahead of where Mercedes was in the early-mid 2000's?
It damn well better be.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 AMG GTS
yes i had a w211 2006 E55 and the interior quality is way better in the current AMG's, the quality in my 14 is second to none, and it really is the same interior as the 10 and up, just a different shifter and clock? other than that the seats are amazing leather on the dash, the inside is amazing. I climb into bmw's sometime and find the interior rather bland

being honest, i think the new audi's have the nicest fit and finish, but my local blows (huge deal breaker) and i enjoy the AMG products a little bit more
Old 04-08-2014, 03:16 PM

C-GAGL Heavy
Thank you all for the insight, I like the forum community here! I'll be sure to post pictures when I check out the car. I've got my eyes set on a 30,000KM silver on black, LSD (I think important for the snow), distronic and keyless go (something i really like). Does the distronic work as well as I imagine it to? I love long drives, and I imagine it would make cruising down the highway a new kind of relaxing. Also, is the AMG upgraded suspension worth holding out for? I have a dedicated track car, so this will be maybe seeing one or two track days per year tops.

Are there any must have options?
Old 04-08-2014, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
If you are going for a M156 engine W212, try to get a late MY2011, especially if you plan on keeping it past factory warranty period. If not, it doesn't really matter. Another way is to have the dealer run the car vin# to get the engine number to make sure the M156 has the updated engine headbolts. You can find a sticky right at the top of the C63 forum with all the infos you will ever want to know about the headbolts.

Yes, the sound from a high revving large displacement N/A V8 is really something you will miss. Enjoy it while you can.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 AMG GTS
yes distronic works like a dream! have it in my 2010 E550 as well and its awesome, makes driving on the highway so much more relaxed
Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 AM

C-GAGL Heavy
Well, i've put a deposit on my future w212. It's an off brown, I decided I want a less-common colour, it's a similar looking one to the new 911s. A striking parallel to old-man mobile vs race-car. Once the car has cleared all the inspections and is signed off i'll be picking her up and taking some pictures. I've done a lot of flip-flopping, and hope that this was the better decision over the S6, M5, quattroporte and oddly enough, the Cayenne S. Supersprint longtube headers will be the first order of business, as I'm still a 16 yearold child who loves noise.