W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Wiestec tune and damage from tunes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2015 | 05:58 AM

s4
Wiestec tune and damage from tunes?

I'm struggling to make sense of the increase in wheel HP and torque from Renntech, OE, and Eurocharge. Additionally, a local performance shop I used for my Audi offers Wiestec. I've not seen comments in the forum for this brand of tune.

I'm interested in feedback on how you compared the claims of the increased power from the above tunes.

I'd also appreciate comments on equipment failures. Of course, MB will claim any drivetrain component failed due to running the engine at above specification tolerances.
Old 03-18-2015 | 08:07 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by cyclezib
I'm struggling to make sense of the increase in wheel HP and torque from Renntech, OE, and Eurocharge. Additionally, a local performance shop I used for my Audi offers Wiestec. I've not seen comments in the forum for this brand of tune.

I'm interested in feedback on how you compared the claims of the increased power from the above tunes.

I'd also appreciate comments on equipment failures. Of course, MB will claim any drivetrain component failed due to running the engine at above specification tolerances.
I have their tune for the past two years. No issues whatsoever. Indeed I ran their turbo down pipes and power with them is sick (in a good way) for a while but decided to sell the car and am selling them.
I would definitely recommend them.
Old 03-18-2015 | 08:41 AM

s4
tunes

Which tune did you choose, and why?
Old 03-18-2015 | 08:52 AM

s4
tunes

Old 03-18-2015 | 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
I chose Renntech. It was close between them and AMS. I went with Renntech because that company has more experience in terms of years tuning AMGs than its competitors. The owner is a former AMG Affalterbach engineer and maintains close ties with AMG. But you pay a premium for that experience as Renntech prices are higher than the other tuners. To me it was worth it and I am very happy with my Renntech full tune and sport mufflers. Then again I know a number of E63 S owners who are very very happy with the AMS tune. AMS is certainly kicking its competitors' butts in the YouTube, website and social media area and has been brilliant in getting coverage for its results.
Old 03-18-2015 | 10:07 AM

2014 E63S
Originally Posted by sdg1871
I chose Renntech. It was close between them and AMS. I went with Renntech because that company has more experience in terms of years tuning AMGs than its competitors. The owner is a former AMG Affalterbach engineer and maintains close ties with AMG. But you pay a premium for that experience as Renntech prices are higher than the other tuners. To me it was worth it and I am very happy with my Renntech full tune and sport mufflers. Then again I know a number of E63 S owners who are very very happy with the AMS tune. AMS is certainly kicking its competitors' butts in the YouTube, website and social media area and has been brilliant in getting coverage for its results.
+1 for Renntech and its not much more than other tunes.
Old 03-18-2015 | 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by BrabusNYC
+1 for Renntech and its not much more than other tunes.
True. Price difference between Renntech full tune and AMS tune is about $500.
Old 03-18-2015 | 11:34 AM

14 E63S Wagon, 16 GTS Edition1 (Sold), 17 SL450 designo edition
RENNTECH for the reasons listed above and they also have MB dealers around the country that are dealers for them shown on their website although I did the R&R of the ECU myself.

Although few on here seem to do so I recommend a baseline dyno before you get the tune followed by another after the tune. That is the best way to measure your gain or bang for the buck as opposed to just seat-of-the-pants increase.
Old 03-18-2015 | 12:57 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by cyclezib

Weistec tune and couldn't be happier.
Old 03-19-2015 | 10:13 AM

'11 E63
Anyone done the EuroCharged tune? I was looking at going with them.