2015 E63 AMG Humiliates C7 Corvette at the Drag Strip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,397 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by dowheelies
Don't get me wrong, I know the car has a quicker ET in it. I just need to find it's sweet spot. It isn't going to go 11.6X's in those weather conditions though hotlapping.

Robbierob you kinda backed up my point, your reading about it, get out there and show us how it's done. :-) The run you posted was in what we call mineshaft air. DA ~-300', that's record setting weather there my friend. Great pass and hat's off the the man who ran it.

I had TC on because I'm a bonehead LOL. I rushed up to the line and forgot to turn it off. I didn't imagine it would have such a great effect. It really surprised me because the thing just dead hooks, not even a chirp. Didn't realize it also kicks in when footbreaking the car hard.

No my son wasn't along for the ride. I don't believe it is allowed.

I'll get back out to the track and get a quicker run in, hopefully I can leave it stock long enough!

Eric
It's just nice to see the 63 out at the track period! Nice run and thanks for chiming in
Old 06-16-2015, 11:04 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
DOWEELIES, I'm in the same boat as you, ran a little faster, but ran it the same way you did with the traction control still on. https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...k-tonight.html
Old 06-17-2015, 07:56 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
too many...
Glad to see you get your's out there too Robbie!

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one that hasn't posted magazine times the first time out at the track.

RS on the tree is tough as I think I'll have to release/ leave just before the 2nd bulb to get a good reaction time. Hopefully I can get back out soon.

Eric