Sponsored by:

W212 2011 E63 AMG Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ford Pinto
W212 2011 E63 AMG Wheel Spacers

I have searched and searched for threads regarding my question. I found some information but nothing in solid clad.

I am looking to get spacers for my OEM 19in double 5 spoke wheels. I want a more flush look for an aggressive stance from the rear. Currently, it's not aggressive whatsoever with the factory offset.

I've read in multiple areas that people are using hub centric H&R spacers. Anywhere from 5-10mm in the front and 10-20mm in the rear. I am not looking to pull them out so far that it looks funky, just enough to sit flush with the fender. I'm also stock ride height so there should be no issues regarding fender rubbing.

Now, I went to H&R's website and they do not seem to have a spacer for our car (Year 2011) and I do not want to get eBay spacers. To me spacers are an important deal being that the studs are holding the wheels on and if a stud breaks from cheap quality manufacturing it could potentially be a dangerous hazard.

My question is where can I find a good quality spacer that can do the job?

I'm also a bit concerned with vibrations, I've heard mixed things about this that some vibrate and some don't.

I will be posting pictures of the final outcome as soon as I get some insight.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63s
look at the bottom of the first page of this thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ro-12-e63.html
Old 08-17-2015, 10:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 E63 AMG, 2013 E350 4matic (SOLD), 2006 C55 AMG (SOLD)
Originally Posted by AMGJAY
I have searched and searched for threads regarding my question. I found some information but nothing in solid clad.

I am looking to get spacers for my OEM 19in double 5 spoke wheels. I want a more flush look for an aggressive stance from the rear. Currently, it's not aggressive whatsoever with the factory offset.

I've read in multiple areas that people are using hub centric H&R spacers. Anywhere from 5-10mm in the front and 10-20mm in the rear. I am not looking to pull them out so far that it looks funky, just enough to sit flush with the fender. I'm also stock ride height so there should be no issues regarding fender rubbing.

Now, I went to H&R's website and they do not seem to have a spacer for our car (Year 2011) and I do not want to get eBay spacers. To me spacers are an important deal being that the studs are holding the wheels on and if a stud breaks from cheap quality manufacturing it could potentially be a dangerous hazard.

My question is where can I find a good quality spacer that can do the job?

I'm also a bit concerned with vibrations, I've heard mixed things about this that some vibrate and some don't.

I will be posting pictures of the final outcome as soon as I get some insight.
I purchased a set of H&R front 10mm/rear 20mm hub centric spacers from ecs tuning. These spacers are not listed in the "fits" section but it will work for your car. I installed the spacers last Friday and felt no vibrations what so ever. However, I am selling my spacers if you are interested. The reason for selling, I am getting a new set of wheels and decided to use the stock wheels for occasional winter duty. The spacers are listed in the for sale section and will include the extended bolts. Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by vcci
look at the bottom of the first page of this thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ro-12-e63.html
I knew my thread will come in handy some day.

As vcci said, look at the bottom of the first page for pics.
The following users liked this post:
jmontes1214 (11-30-2019)
Old 08-17-2015, 11:16 AM

One more thing, here's a link that might be helpful in determining what size spacers you need:

Old 08-17-2015, 09:56 PM

Ford Pinto
Originally Posted by silvers2k
I purchased a set of H&R front 10mm/rear 20mm hub centric spacers from ecs tuning. These spacers are not listed in the "fits" section but it will work for your car. I installed the spacers last Friday and felt no vibrations what so ever. However, I am selling my spacers if you are interested. The reason for selling, I am getting a new set of wheels and decided to use the stock wheels for occasional winter duty. The spacers are listed in the for sale section and will include the extended bolts. Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.
Silvers2k, thank you for your reply. I actually saw your build and wanted to say I love your elaborate posts. Since you have the spacers, how do they run? Are they nice and flush? Any rubbing? Is the rear too far out?

What would you recommend if you had to go back and change your specs? I hear a lot of people steer away from spacers; however, I cannot deal how whimsy the rear looks from the wheels having such poor offset. If you could send me some more pics of the wheels on your car with the spacers that may help me better my decision.

I have the same wheels as you; however, stock ride height.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:07 AM

No problem. Glad to help.

The front/rear tires sit flush to the fenders without sticking out. This setup was also recommended by ecs tuning. As far as rubbing, I did notice the front was slightly rubbing over bumps during spirited driving (updated my build thread with this info). Having said this, I was planning on correcting the rubbing issue by re-adjusting the ride height and getting an alignment done (probably alignment is off from lowering). If I were to do it all over again, I would stick to the same size spacers for the flush look especially if I'm not lowered.

Using spacers might be frowned upon here, but I personally had no issues running spacers on my Audi for years as well as my buddy with a BMW. Generally speaking, the use of the spacers are more common with BMW/Audi compared to MB. Just be sure to use good quality spacers (hub centric to reduce stress on the bolts/extended bolts) and H&R is a reputable company.

I can take additional pics and email them to you - what's your email address?

Last edited by silvers2k; 08-21-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:33 AM

Ford Pinto
Originally Posted by silvers2k
No problem. Glad to help.

The front/rear tires sit flush to the fenders without sticking out. This setup was also recommended by ecs tuning. As far as rubbing, I did notice the front was slightly rubbing over bumps during spirited driving (updated my build thread with this info). Having said this, I was planning on correcting the rubbing issue by re-adjusting the ride height and getting an alignment (probably alignment is off from lowering). If I were to do it all over again, I would stick to the same size spacers for the flush look especially if I'm not lowered.

Using spacers might be frowned upon here, but I personally had no issues running spacers on my Audi for years as well as my buddy with a BMW. Generally speaking, the use of the spacers are more common with BMW/Audi compared to MB. Just be sure to use good quality spacers (hub centric to reduce stress on the bolts/extended bolts) and H&R is a reputable company.

I can take additional pics and email them to you - what's your email address?
PM'd you.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
here are 10mm front and 15mm rear H&R spacers on my cls63.

could have probably went with 20 in the rear.. but 15 looks good... definitely wouldnt go more than 10mm in the front.

car is also lowered on H&R springs in the front and links in the rear.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:58 AM

Ford Pinto
Originally Posted by mainly
here are 10mm front and 15mm rear H&R spacers on my cls63.

could have probably went with 20 in the rear.. but 15 looks good... definitely wouldnt go more than 10mm in the front.

car is also lowered on H&R springs in the front and links in the rear.

Appreciate the pics & advice. Car looks excellent! Where did you buy the spacers from? Also, any rubbing when turning or hitting bumps?
Old 08-19-2015, 02:07 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
Originally Posted by AMGJAY
Appreciate the pics & advice. Car looks excellent! Where did you buy the spacers from? Also, any rubbing when turning or hitting bumps?
thanks

spacers are from a distributor in canada for H&R.
make sure you get the right bolts. i believe they need to be 14 mm. they sent me 12 mm first.

nah, no rubbing. no worries about that. not on stock wheels. maybe if you went 20 mm in the rear?

but i woudlnt do 20. 15 is nice and aggressive.

its a good mod. makes the car look so much better. of course you have to do the lowering as well. my lowering kit was super cheap. H&R springs for front and links for the rear sold together for like $400. links are adjustable too.