Sponsored by:

KW HAS - did you have to buy 4 adapters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s4
KW HAS - did you have to buy 4 adapters

I thoroughly loved my KW HAS on my Audi. I had been told by several tuners that there wasn't a set for my E63 wagon. Yet, a recent thread indicated several members had the HAS adapters installed in the front.

My preferred tuner said he has figured out what set to use (although KW's web site doesn't list HAS for our cars).

Now my questions:
The tuner says that KW will only sell a set of 4 and won't sell just two. The cost for the 4 is roughly $1,100.

For those of you running with HAS, did you have to buy four? What was the cost? Does your receipt indicate which HAS struts you purchased?

Lastly, did these reduce the lean our cars have while cornering?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:34 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63s
I've been contemplating KW HAS as well. It appears people are using the CLS63 HAS which is listing on the KW site at $1028, see link below. I also found that Renntech offers an adjustable suspension kit made specifically for the W212 for a few bucks more. So far I haven't been able to get any feedback from anyone with the Renntech kit but people with the KW have had positive things to say. Going off Renntech reputation I would assume their product is of top quality but then again KW has been making suspension parts for years. All this leaves me confused as to the kit I should go with

KW HAS http://www.kwsuspensions.com/product...ers-13687.html

Renntech Adjustable Suspension Kit
http://www.renntechmercedes.com/inde...s-class-detail
Old 09-14-2015, 12:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 E63 AMG, 2013 E350 4matic (SOLD), 2006 C55 AMG (SOLD)
I think either choice will be fine. I was going to go with KW given their reputation but decided to go with Renntech only because the kit came with the adjustable links for the rear. With KW, you will have to buy the adjustable links separately (someone else can confirm this).

As for the ride in sport plus mode, the ride is considerably stiffer compared to stock. This being said, there is less body roll during hard cornering. For normal driving in comfort mode, the car feels slightly stiffer than stock but not harsh. Same is said in sport mode.

Last edited by silvers2k; 09-14-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s4
KW's responce to using the C63 AMG kit on an E63 wagon

I wrote to KW asking about using the kit on my car. They said don't do it because the chassis are different between the two cars.

I think I'll go the Renntech route.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:47 PM

2014 E63s
Originally Posted by silvers2k
I think either choice will be fine. I was going to go with KW given their reputation but decided to go with Renntech only because the kit came with the adjustable links for the rear. With KW, you will have to buy the adjustable links separately (someone else can confirm this).

As for the ride in sport plus mode, the ride is considerably stiffer compared to stock. This being said, there is less body roll during hard cornering. For normal driving in comfort mode, the car feels slightly stiffer than stock but not harsh. Same is said in sport mode.
What other parts are required to get the car aligned perfectly so that it won't need tires every few thousand miles?
Old 09-15-2015, 12:17 PM

I haven't had much time to go back to the shop who installed the lowering kit to get the car realigned. They are about an hour away from me and I would have to take the train after dropping off the car and train back to pick up the car.

In any event, I have taken my car to my local MB dealer and they told me the car drives straight and the tire wear appears to be normal. This being said, the dealer told me that they rather not perform the alignment at this time. But I think the real reason why they didn't want to perform the alignment is due to the fact that my car is lowered and I have aftermarket wheels.

I don't drive the car every day so I should be okay for now, but I'm going to make time to go back to the shop where I got the lowering kit installed or find another shop closer. Will update my build thread when this is done.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:04 PM

2014 E63s
Do you know if additional parts will be needed for a proper alignment?
Old 09-16-2015, 12:00 PM

I'm not 100% certain if I need any additional parts until the car is actually on the alignment rack for measurements. Given that I have a mild drop, I doubt I'll need any parts.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:14 PM

2014 E63s
Originally Posted by silvers2k
I'm not 100% certain if I need any additional parts until the car is actually on the alignment rack for measurements. Given that I have a mild drop, I doubt I'll need any parts.
how much did you lower it?