Sponsored by:

Telsa Model S P90D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
no MBs at the moment :(
Originally Posted by LINKBXQ
But that is a reason myself and many I know don't have a Tesla, we live in apartment/coop/condo that is woefully ill prepare for electric car and the building or board will not allow us to install charging station.
I think you can pretty much stop your argument right here. If you can't charge your car while you're sleeping (or at work), it's pretty pointless. I have the same issue right now living in central San Francisco. In general, I don't think I could have a Tesla at this point w/o having an extra gas or hybrid car.

However, once we get a house in the 'burbs (probably next year), a Tesla would fulfill 95%+ of our needs. Not saying I'm definitely getting one, but the practicality vastly improves. One thing a lot of people discount is that you'll NEVER have to visit a gas station again in daily life. Sure it's only 15 minutes at a time, but it's pretty cool to simply not have to care. My wife drives about 5,000 miles/year. I drive 6-7K/year. Other than our drives to LA to visit family, a Tesla fits all of our daily driving needs. Still, I'd want it in addition to my gas cars, not as a replacement for one.

(and yes, I know there are super charging stations on the way to LA, but none of the people we would visit in LA have charging stations, so that makes it inconvenient, particularly considering how much driving we have to do to get around LA)
Old 09-12-2016, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
We finally got a model X for my wife 3 moths ago. After we test drove one, we both fell in love with it. We were worrying about charging/range so we never looked at it and were considering X6 M at the time, but completely changed our mind after test driving one. We have charging station at home, so no issue at all. You would be surprised how easy you can install one. We have traveled from Bay Area to LA without issue with charging the car. And if you travel somewhere, as long as they have an electric dryer/range, you are safe. You can charge 160+ miles overnight with dryer or electric range plug. Till today, we love it. Smile Everytime with it on the road

We moved from MB to Tesla, we hardly see ourselves moving back in the future
Please do not follow us. We do not want to see to many Tesla on the road

Last edited by CLKCLK; 09-12-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 ML320
Congratulations!!

Originally Posted by CliffJumper
I think you can pretty much stop your argument right here. If you can't charge your car while you're sleeping (or at work), it's pretty pointless. I have the same issue right now living in central San Francisco. In general, I don't think I could have a Tesla at this point w/o having an extra gas or hybrid car.

However, once we get a house in the 'burbs (probably next year), a Tesla would fulfill 95%+ of our needs. Not saying I'm definitely getting one, but the practicality vastly improves. One thing a lot of people discount is that you'll NEVER have to visit a gas station again in daily life. Sure it's only 15 minutes at a time, but it's pretty cool to simply not have to care. My wife drives about 5,000 miles/year. I drive 6-7K/year. Other than our drives to LA to visit family, a Tesla fits all of our daily driving needs. Still, I'd want it in addition to my gas cars, not as a replacement for one.

(and yes, I know there are super charging stations on the way to LA, but none of the people we would visit in LA have charging stations, so that makes it inconvenient, particularly considering how much driving we have to do to get around LA)
Originally Posted by CLKCLK
We finally got a model X for my wife 3 moths ago. After we test drove one, we both fell in love with it. We were worrying about charging/range so we never looked at it and were considering X6 M at the time, but completely changed our mind after test driving one. We have charging station at home, so no issue at all. You would be surprised how easy you can install one. We have traveled from Bay Area to LA without issue with charging the car. And if you travel somewhere, as long as they have an electric dryer/range, you are safe. You can charge 160+ miles overnight with dryer or electric range plug. Till today, we love it. Smile Everytime with it on the road

We moved from MB to Tesla, we hardly see ourselves moving back in the future
Please do not follow us. We do not want to see to many Tesla on the road
Welcome to the future!! The EV wave is picking up momentum. After a bad experience at my local MB dealer I'm taking my business elsewhere. Tesla may not be perfect but at least here on the Right Coast there is a reasonable EV Charging network. My initial EV experience with a B Class (1/2 Tesla) has been superb. A 2017 Model X will fit my bill nicely. Unfortunately, ICE-heads will feel the pain once gas goes back up after the elections(!) Yes, there will be lots of kicking and screaming 😀