Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
can't lock the doors w/o the key fob?

I have keyless go... but not keyless stop. lol

Is there a reason / setting / something stupid I need to know or do so I can push the lock button when getting out of the car and have it actually lock the doors?

Having to fish the fob out of my pocket just to lock the doors makes absolutely no sense to me.

Also, the passenger door won't unlock the car... is that another setting I have yet to find?

(I reposted here b/c the R231 forum is a ghost town... guess that's the curse owning a perfect car, nobody comes around to complain so nobody answering questions either lol)
Old 11-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,162 Likes on 1,520 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Have you changed your keyfob battery recently?

That may help with pressing the handle button and getting it to close

Have you always had this issue or did it just pop up?

There is a tsb for something relate to keyless go but I'm not sure it applies to your car
Old 11-03-2015, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 T&C & '14 SL63
The keyfob works.

Pressing the lock button on the inside of the door, when exiting the car, does not lock the doors.

Touching the drivers door unlocks the car. Passenger door does not unlock the door.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JBs C63 PP( wifes car ), Mc Laren Pxx(toy), 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 ( DD ), ML 6.3 ( winter DD )...
Blown fuse maybe?
Old 11-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by nycphotography
The keyfob works.

Pressing the lock button on the inside of the door, when exiting the car, does not lock the doors.

Touching the drivers door unlocks the car. Passenger door does not unlock the door.
I guess I'm confused

Why would you press the lock button on the inside of the door when exiting, why don't you just press the handle "button" on the exterior handle. The car is likely preventing you from locking in your keys and disabling the lock in the way you're trying to perform the task

You can go to the menu to adjust passenger door response to your hand on the handle I think

Does the exterior handle button (the depression in the handle, not a real button) work?
Old 11-03-2015, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
It is intentionally designed by MB that the driver's door cannot be locked by engaging lock from the inside and closing the door.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Sorry. Kinda confused as to OP question. Why would someone want to lock their Mercedes from the inside then close the door hoping that would lock the car when they have the key fob as a regular alarm or better yet with keyless go? Am I missing the question ?
Old 11-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
Sorry. Kinda confused as to OP question. Why would someone want to lock their Mercedes from the inside then close the door hoping that would lock the car when they have the key fob as a regular alarm or better yet with keyless go? Am I missing the question ?
David I'm just as confused

Old 11-03-2015, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Imagine I have a pizza and tray of fountain drinks. I get where I'm going. The keyfob is in my pocket, since I didn't need to remove. I open the door, LOCK IT, then grab my stuff that fills both arms. I gently nudge the door closed with my elbow, and the soft close snugs it down. HEY! WHY ISN'T IT LOCKED? Now i have to juggle all the crap I'm holding so I can touch the magic spot. Or I have to fish the keys out of my pocket to do it.

Or much more common... I get out and my GF is still dicking around with her phone and her bag and god only knows what the hell she's doing but she's taking all day about it. Wouldn't it be nice if I can just punch the lock button and whenever she gets around to closing her door we're all set? But noooooo I have to stand there with my dick in my hand until she's finally done so I can touch the magic little button.

For years, with many different cars, I've formed the habit of pushing the lock button before I close the door. Works on every car I've owned and then I don't have to stand around and wait for everyone else to get their act together. Except maybe I didn't do it that way with the CLK63 because the lock button was over in the center dash (weird place for that).

Seriously, I don't understand. Why not just let the lock button do what the label says it does?
Old 11-03-2015, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Originally Posted by otakki
It is intentionally designed by MB that the driver's door cannot be locked by engaging lock from the inside and closing the door.
It's a small thing, so I won't get my pressure up over it... but that is an absolutely retarded idea.

Why? So I can't lock my keys in the car? My T&C, if I lock the door and close it with the keys in side, it beeps 3 times and unlocks the door. Hey. Now that's helpful.

But refusing to lock in the first place because I might do something you could easily prevent later? wtf? I honestly expect clearing thinking from Mercedes level engineers.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

I hear ya, thanks for clarifying

Check the menu to set the passenger unlock options