ALPHA Performanc Carbon Fiber intake / Induction system *RELEASE*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 01:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clk Dtm c63 bs u wont wanna know the rest
Originally Posted by AMS_Performance

Alpha Performance Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Carbon Fiber Intake System

Lightweight and aesthetically appealing, the Alpha Performance Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Carbon Fiber Intake System is also the most efficient choice you have for improving the air intake of your 2012+ Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. It was designed, first and foremost, to improve performance and power production while offering a beautiful quality finish to truly complement your stock or upgraded M157 5.5L Biturbo V-8 engine. You’ll gain 20+HP over stock turbos and a tune alone with an even more prolific 30+HP gain on top of the power produced by our upgraded Alpha 9 Turbochargers.

Engineered To Achieve The Absolute Best Results

Development of this high-flow intake system began during testing of our Alpha 7 Performance Package. Our engineers discovered a significant pressure drop in the intake ducting located after the stock air filter box - a telltale indication that the OEM system was not performing efficiently. To improve air flow and eliminate restrictions, the process of designing a set of higher volume air filter boxes, filters and piping began with a CMM scan to determine the best use of space within the tight confines of the engine bay. With that data, a CAD design was developed and taken to a working prototype. The results confirmed our suspicions and rewarded us with HUGE power gains!

Optimum Airflow Unleashes Maximum Horsepower And Torque

In our design, the cross-sectional area of the air box filter was increased by a massive 41%. In addition, the cross-sectional area of the inlet was increased by 20%, while the outlet was increased by 25%. Enlargement of these three sections reduced bottle-necking within the system. By creating a more balanced and less restrictive intake system, we were able to significantly improve the performance of your 5.5L BiTurbo equipped Mercedes.

Much More Than Just A Fancy Lid And Different Filter

Unlike other intakes in the market, we redesigned the entire intake system - not just the air filters or the filter lid. It is considerably larger and makes more power than the competition and provides your AMG with improved air flow dynamics for greater efficiency and maximum output! By using full carbon fiber construction, the air boxes, inlets and tubing are incredibly strong, lightweight and look great. In addition, we supply wire reinforced, custom molded silicone couplers for durability and function.

Works On Both Factory And Upgraded Turbos

While other air box options are available, the Alpha Carbon Boxes offer far superior performance and are the last ones you'll ever need to buy. Rather than requiring replacement, if you decide on larger turbos down the road, our engineering team designed an innovative coupling sleeve. This allows you to transition from stock to upgraded turbos if you so choose – making this truly a one-time purchase.

Optional Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

You have the option of either trimming your factory cover or complementing your new intake with our matching carbon fiber center cover. Provisions have been made to transfer the Mercedes emblem and the AMG name plate for a unique yet factory appearance which will wow anyone peering under your hood.

Do it right the first time, order your Alpha 5.5L BiTurbo Carbon Fiber Intake System today!

Exclusive Benefits
  • 20-30+ HP gains
  • 20% increase in intake tubing size
  • 25% increase in turbo inlet tubing
  • Wider and deeper air filter box with a 41% increase in cross sectional area
  • Elimination of the air flow obstruction created by the stock paper filter cartridge
  • A synthetic, multi-layer media filter with a MERV rating of 9 and 41% more surface area than stock
Includes
  • Carbon fiber upper and lower air boxes
  • High-flow synthetic multi-layer media air filters
  • Carbon fiber intake tubing
  • Carbon fiber air inlets
  • Molded silicone couplers
  • All necessary hardware for installation
Applications
  • W212 2014+ E63 AMG 4Matic 5.5L Biturbo (standard or S-Model)
  • W212 2012-2013 E63 AMG 5.5L Biturbo (RWD)
Options
  • Carbon fiber computer/center engine cover
Product Notes
  • For optimal results, an Alpha tune specific to your modifications is needed

Click here to purchase: http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/a...ke-system.html

Full Induction kit without carbon fiber center cover: $4399.95
Carbon fiber center engine cover for use with Alpha Induction kit: $399.95

One of the nicest i have seen!
Old 10-07-2016, 09:09 PM
AG6

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
13 GL550
I take it thats a custom air filter? Who supplies the replacement?

Just to clarify, this system won't work with the OEM carbon engine cover?
Old 10-10-2016, 05:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W212 E63, Modified
Originally Posted by AG6
I would assume that the supplier will be able to get the filters, at least I would hope so...

Originally Posted by AG6
Not without a good bit of trimming, the boxes are huge.

Gratuitous picture of mine, quite possibly the first in the UK?

I must admit that the fit leaves a bit to be desired, especially around the ECU and inlet pipes (tip: use the larger stand-offs on both ends of the ECU to raise the height), but it does get positive comments whenever it's on show. I had it custom mapped for the extra air flow, initially when on standard turbos, and again since I fitted the Weistec W3 units. I would think the W3 ones benefit from it more than the stock ones, as they do like more air going in them.

ETA: Sorry about the battery charger lead at the front, it was another one of those days...
Old 10-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Mind sharing if they gave any positive effects on runs/ dyno?
and how are you finding the w3?

cheers

Originally Posted by daveenty
I would assume that the supplier will be able to get the filters, at least I would hope so...

Not without a good bit of trimming, the boxes are huge.

Gratuitous picture of mine, quite possibly the first in the UK?

I must admit that the fit leaves a bit to be desired, especially around the ECU and inlet pipes (tip: use the larger stand-offs on both ends of the ECU to raise the height), but it does get positive comments whenever it's on show. I had it custom mapped for the extra air flow, initially when on standard turbos, and again since I fitted the Weistec W3 units. I would think the W3 ones benefit from it more than the stock ones, as they do like more air going in them.

ETA: Sorry about the battery charger lead at the front, it was another one of those days...
Old 10-10-2016, 09:33 AM

W212 E63, Modified
Originally Posted by Zod
Mind sharing if they gave any positive effects on runs/ dyno?
and how are you finding the w3?

cheers
Hey Zod, no worries about sharing though not a great deal to share really. The intake was in place before the turbos, though the Weistec front pipes had already been fitted, so I already had a fair increase in power and torque. I bought the intake as I knew the turbo upgrade was the next mod I wanted to do and that it would assist (hopefully) with air flow, which it seems to have done.

When the intake was initially fitted the car was found to be pushing around the same figures out, though it was then tweaked to smooth it all out, with no real increase in the final results, though it seems to have put the torque slightly lower down the rev range.

As for the W3 turbos, they're absolutely brilliant. The car's still totally driveable at normal speeds, though it has become a bit of an animal once you hit the loud pedal. In a very good way though.
The following 2 users liked this post by daveenty:
shardul (10-10-2016), Zod (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Hey Zod, no worries about sharing though not a great deal to share really. The intake was in place before the turbos, though the Weistec front pipes had already been fitted, so I already had a fair increase in power and torque. I bought the intake as I knew the turbo upgrade was the next mod I wanted to do and that it would assist (hopefully) with air flow, which it seems to have done.

When the intake was initially fitted the car was found to be pushing around the same figures out, though it was then tweaked to smooth it all out, with no real increase in the final results, though it seems to have put the torque slightly lower down the rev range.

As for the W3 turbos, they're absolutely brilliant. The car's still totally driveable at normal speeds, though it has become a bit of an animal once you hit the loud pedal. In a very good way though.
Couple of months back I was chatting with MSL regarding the intake setup on your car.
The following users liked this post:
daveenty (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 01:57 AM

W212 E63, Modified
Originally Posted by shardul
Couple of months back I was chatting with MSL regarding the intake setup on your car.
In a positive way I hope...
Old 10-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by AG6

Yes sir, it is a custom air filter designed for our box's. With that being said we do stock and sell replacement filters!

The system can work with the OEM carbon engine cover, but it will require modification/trimming.

Any other questions feel free to drop us an email or shoot us a pm!

-Chris
Old 10-15-2016, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Hey Zod, no worries about sharing though................

.................. :
So no gains even with the additional airflow. Sounds like some cars respond to intake mods and others don't.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:58 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by kponti
So no gains even with the additional airflow. Sounds like some cars respond to intake mods and others don't.
There is no such thing as some cars
These are all manufactured cars to spec. The term factory freak is just an old wife's tale.

Now you can have cars that are not well maintained/ cars not running right, weather, fuel, different dynos used/ tunes and so forth change results, but ultimately if both cars have the same hardware they perform the same.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:07 AM

W212 E63, Modified
As mine was altered before the intake was fitted, with the Weistec down pipes and a map to suit them, it's not really fair to say that there's no improvement, as there were a lot of variables not found on a stock motor.

I would imagine on an unmodified example you would notice some gain, though mine was fitted with this system as I knew I would be fitting W3 turbos which were going to go on as soon as I had the time. I think that the bigger turbos would definitely benefit from more air.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally Posted by Zod
There is no such thing as some cars
These are all manufactured cars to spec. The term factory freak is just an old wife's tale.

Now you can have cars that are not well maintained/ cars not running right, weather, fuel, different dynos used/ tunes and so forth change results, but ultimately if both cars have the same hardware they perform the same.
Lol and what do factory freaks have to do with this? My car made 18rwhp and 26rwtq with the UPD intake, another member performed the same test on a dyno and lost power. He is now waiting on his alpha intake. Yet this member did not see gains on the alpha intake (we all had other mods too). Just making an accurate observation

Last edited by kponti; 10-16-2016 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Left out a word
Old 10-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Lol and what do factory freaks have to do with this? My car made 18rwhp and 26rwtq with the UPD intake, another member performed the same test on a dyno and lost power. He is now waiting on his alpha intake. Yet this member did not see gains on the alpha intake (we all had other mods too). Just making an accurate observation
My point was given everything is equal the mods should perform the same. The term ''some cars'' is the same as factory freak concept, example ''some cars takes to mods better then others'', this is untrue as these cars are built to spec

So something is not adding up, until more data is available
Old 10-17-2016, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally Posted by Zod
My point was given everything is equal the mods should perform the same. The term ''some cars'' is the same as factory freak concept, example ''some cars takes to mods better then others'', this is untrue as these cars are built to spec

So something is not adding up, until more data is available
In the real world application, that NEVER happens.

And BTW been modifying cars since the late 90s, there are factory freaks, there are mods that do as advertised and some that don't when conventional wisdom indicates they should. Most mods give out an AVERAGE range of power, not a fixed output. Some will see gains some may not (especially when said gains are around the 10-20BHP mark)
Old 10-18-2016, 04:18 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
In the real world application, that NEVER happens.

And BTW been modifying cars since the late 90s, there are factory freaks, there are mods that do as advertised and some that don't when conventional wisdom indicates they should. Most mods give out an AVERAGE range of power, not a fixed output. Some will see gains some may not (especially when said gains are around the 10-20BHP mark)
But here you claim ''My car made 18rwhp and 26rwtq'', which is not a simple 10-20bhp. I still stand by my statement, parts don't magically make more power on the same platform at such variance, unless other elements are in play.. I do however agree on the average range of power from mods, but it should not be a big variance.

Although speaking of magic... we do sometimes feel that the factory parts must be made from faires given their price tags

Last edited by Zod; 10-18-2016 at 04:22 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:45 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 CLS63 S
Originally Posted by Zod
until more data is available
This applies to most of the performance modification threads, including results from tuning, AWD vs RWD races etc. We don't have enough reported results to be certain about conclusions. Would be nice to have tens of results for each matter....
Old 10-18-2016, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally Posted by Zod
But here you claim ''My car made 18rwhp and 26rwtq'', which is not a simple 10-20bhp. I still stand by my statement, parts don't magically make more power on the same platform at such variance, unless other elements are in play.. I do however agree on the average range of power from mods, but it should not be a big variance.

Although speaking of magic... we do sometimes feel that the factory parts must be made from faires given their price tags
Conventional wisdom will say so but in the real world things do not always add up. I don't know what happened with the other guy's car. Mine was dynoed several times, intake mod added while car was still strapped down on the dyno, re-dynoed. Results spoke for themselves.

So if we were to take this as a shouldah, then the 2016s do not respond to certain intake mods like the older versions do??? Some variance in software maybe?

I do like the Alpha intake, would love to see more dyno numbers. Now if a simple adjustment to filter position can result in a change like my car, them this all out intake change should be even more awesome

Now about dem pixie dusted parts, rumor is MB sprinkles gold dust into all parts manufactured by them and their suppliers, better heat dissipation. That's why they are so expensive. Don't knock Hans and Solo's sprinkle handiwork! Or your car may be slow

Last edited by kponti; 10-18-2016 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:49 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
?
It looks beautiful, but $5k...dang... a carbon wheel is $2.5K and it has a LOT more (literally) riding on it...
It used to be that complex carbon tubes were difficult and expensive to mould, but that is not longer the case.
Would like one minus the alpha label...
Old 10-19-2016, 01:58 PM

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55
They should make the same big intake with no carbon fiber for less than 1k. One can dream.

Last edited by Mikeki7; 10-19-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:43 AM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
2019 GLC 63 SUV, 2013 SLK55
I just ordered this and was promised delivery in 1-2 months. I honestly don't care if it increases performance -- just the looks!
Old 05-23-2017, 09:42 AM
AG6

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
13 GL550
Originally Posted by Stereolab42
I just ordered this and was promised delivery in 1-2 months. I honestly don't care if it increases performance -- just the looks!
Looking forward to seeing pics!
Old 05-23-2017, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 581 Likes on 334 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
I have not heard of or seen anyone lose power with the UPD kit, do you have a link?
Old 05-23-2017, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by raudiace4
I have not heard of or seen anyone lose power with the UPD kit, do you have a link?
here is the thread I remember discussing that it lost power.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...o-results.html
Old 06-30-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 GL450
Am interested in a few pieces for my 450 can you help me out? intake inlet and lower air filter box let me know what you can do thanks a lot.