Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weistec water-methanol and blow-off valve kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM

Received 177 Likes on 150 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
Hank; it almost seems like you think the meth is only there to prevent freezing? My view is water is only there to prevent lawsuits.
I tried just water ages ago and all it did was reduce power, as one might expect.

Now if I had a ping issue and pure water could fix it, and power was not a concern, then water sounds great. Easy, free, less tank fills, good to go. I've come across others who have tried that, but none who were actually happy with it. When I tried, I knew people didn't like it, but thought maybe they were adding too much, too little, or who knows what. After playing with it I decided it was simply a fail. At least for me.
I also wonder about people running 50/50, and probably already adding too much water. If the overall loss/gain from the water/meth was positive, they probably assume more is better. With meth, sure, but they have that water in there and more is the last thing they need. I'd imagine they have two options; run pure meth, or mix a new ratio to keep the water volume low enough they don't notice the loss. To do that you have to buy pure meth to mix in, and if you have pure meth, why add water at all?

There's a guy here somewhere running a lot of pure meth. I forget how much exactly but I think ~80% of his fuel is coming from the meth injection? Imagine what would happen if he used a 50/50 mix? My guess is the car would car would fall on its face. My guess is this is why the Meth Inj sellers tell you to use xx injector for xx power level, so you don't put too much water in, lose power, then bash their product. They can't say to use more than 50% Meth thanks to butt coverage. So you have to think about why they say 50% and why only so much. Most anyone selling anything is telling you whatever nets max profits. If nobody could sue over selling a 100% meth inj system, then that's what we'd have. If so, we'd probably be having a discussion about how meth absorbs water and how much is to much. My guess, in this alternate universe, is nobody would ever run it with 50% water, and I'd wager people would call you all kinds of names if you suggested it was ok. But we live here and 50% meth is the norm, so people argue 50% is ideal. Or in your case 0%, and in my case 100% :p

Typical race gas is the same basic A/F ratio as pump gas, assuming it's not mixed with alcohol. It's pure Meth that you use twice as much of.
I also noticed a Meth seller saying their juice was 49% Meth. Perhaps 50% is considered legally dangerous, not 50.01% like I assumed. Or maybe they decided to drop a % so it looks better if/when someone tries to sue. Whatever the case, someone pulled that 50% number right out of their butt, now the rest of us have to deal with it. The seller also said that same % is the "ideal" mixture. See the part above about what nets max profits.

Years ago I would have no issue experimenting with pure water on up to 100% meth, and various jets. But now I don't have the time or inclination, but if I ever do install a system I might try 50/50 one day to see how much power I lose over 100%