W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music is distorted when BT Audio is on??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
15 S63, 18 Ram 2500 Cummins
Music is distorted when BT Audio is on??

Ive noticed when I play music from my phone VIA Bluetooth Audio, its very distorted and quality is horrible, as soon as I switch back to regular radio or SAT Radio, its sounds good. Anyone else experience this? My music is from APPLE MUSIC
Old 06-28-2017, 03:05 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
E63s
Originally Posted by vikingdiesel
Ive noticed when I play music from my phone VIA Bluetooth Audio, its very distorted and quality is horrible, as soon as I switch back to regular radio or SAT Radio, its sounds good. Anyone else experience this? My music is from APPLE MUSIC
Its funny you just posted this because I was messing around with my BT audio and mine is also very distorted , the more I up the volume on my phone the worse it gets , if I lower the volume on my phone it gets better but then it doesn't get loud ,It's something with the car because my BMW 535 sounds fine and I have a Ridgeline with a Pioneer 2 din and it sound loud and crisp in there using BT audio , I'm was using Spotify on iPhone 7+
Old 06-28-2017, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
2014 using BT streaming Apple Music - no issues. Also purchased the media plug that goes into the center console, but usually only use that on road trips.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 E63S
Sound quality is OK for me as well with the phone set to anything less than max volume. At max, or near max, sq is quite bad.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Same here. Sucks as volume increases. no real option that I've found except for adding a BT dongle to aux input, but then you lose track control from wheel or Nav control. I've just been using my phone in android auto mode, and asking google to play my tracks.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:52 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
c292 gle63S, Range Rover LWB
The H/K system in this car is the worst sounding system I've heard in a long time. My buddies who has an M5 with the base system (also H/K) sounds so much. The B/O sounds the same in the W212 compared to the H/K from what I have read.

My Range Rover Meridian system is so much better. My old X5 had the optional B/O system and that was really good as well. My old 640's base system was better than this H/K system.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
15 S63, 18 Ram 2500 Cummins
My e63 sound system can't touch the alpine system from my ram truck
Old 06-28-2017, 08:22 PM

E63s
I just ordered cable 30pin Female to USB so I can plug my lightning cable in to transfer music and charge ,I noticed when I first got my car the sound system sounded really bad I tweaked it to my liking with more bass over time the speakers did break in and and It does sound much better than before , going to the dealer tomorrow for a service I will ask them about the Bluetooth connection as these newer devices change BT connection it might not work as good , there might be an update for the MB software for this, ya know a 3 year old car isn't old but a 3year old phone is a dinosaur,.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
C63 S AMG 2016
I have the same problem. When streaming from my iPhone 7 using Bluetooth connection sound quality is extremely poor, with distortion and noise.

I bought the Mercedes cable to connect the iPhone 7 to the car and when using it the sound quality is great, sound is crystal clear.

I haven't take it to the dealer, but it seems to be a wide spreading problem.

Let's try to do a quick poll here, because I thing most of us having the problem are using an iPhone.

So, if you are having this sound quality problem with the Bluetooth, are you using an iPhone?

Which iPhone model are you using?
Old 07-13-2017, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by AWP1892
Just got my 30 pin to lightning adapter for the iPhone 7. When the phone is connected via wired connection mine also sounds great. Seems like either the iPhone iOS has an issue, which I believe has happened in the past, or the vehicle's Bluetooth is messed up. A previous poster mentioned having the issue with an iPhone 7+ over Spotify as well which would lead me to believe it isn't a Spotify or Apple Music problem. It has also been mentioned that the issues exist using an Android device, which may rule out my iOS theory as well. The sound system itself, in every other setting, is very good and clear unless you are someone who really likes to pump the bass.
Its not an IOS issue. I thinks its more an issue of modern BT profiles. I have an old Galaxy Note 4 that sounded great. My moto Z sounds like ****, but only through this car. Sounds great in my other cars. This leads me to beleive its BT profile based.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
Try using the app "Equalizer FX". It has settings for boosting bass and loudness. I was truly impressed how much bass can be added to our car system with just a minor software tweak. Plus the loudness setting will give you plenty of extra sound that you can adjust up and down. It runs in the background so you dont have to open it every time you play music from whatever music stream you use.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 PP
This is not a bass issue.. It's a distortion issue. Sounds like major clipping going on. All frequencies really. I have a added Alpine amp and Sub. Used to sound great with note 4. Now FM sounds better than BT.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:36 PM

E63s
I just wanted to add , I went to the dealer 2 weeks ago For a service and was gonna mention the BT audio distortion and I forgot! So when I got home I tried the BT audio again and it sounded close to perfect , just as good as the radio volume but just a little bass heavy , I really don't know how it fixed itself but it is working fine at the moment
Old 07-17-2017, 02:16 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
Just get the OEM cable and an extension..... sounds MUCH better. Flawless actually.