Powerhaus / Tial turbos for sale, out of 2014 E63 - Page 2 - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerhaus / Tial turbos for sale, out of 2014 E63

Old 01-12-2019, 03:58 PM
  #26  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my garage
Posts: 5,708
Thanked 159 Times in 148 Posts
E55, SL600, GL450, GL63
The only way I can make any sense of this is for B0kik to send me the turbos so I can check them out and confirm condition. If confirmed to be bad, I will send them off to be rebuilt and install on my 63 to make sure the rebuild is good.

Seems that they would have been checked prior to installation for any play in the turbine shaft and run pressurized air to check for leaks? If there was any, do not install. Something just doesn't sound right about this one either way but there is no way I know enough to call anyone out especially for two long term contributors to this forum.
BlownV8 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 04:17 PM
  #27  
Junior Member
 
1MavRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: ATL
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by BlownV8 View Post
The only way I can make any sense of this is for B0kik to send me the turbos so I can check them out and confirm condition. If confirmed to be bad, I will send them off to be rebuilt and install on my 63 to make sure the rebuild is good.

Seems that they would have been checked prior to installation for any play in the turbine shaft and run pressurized air to check for leaks? If there was any, do not install. Something just doesn't sound right about this one either way but there is no way I know enough to call anyone out especially for two long term contributors to this forum.
yeah...this is all very weird. from sending parts with no payment, to getting parts that dont work but never contacting the seller, etc.

im fortunate that everything i've bought on car forums has been as advertised. but these stories do give you pause...
1MavRick is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:36 PM
  #28  
e65
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 266
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
2014 E63 S model
I was to wait for payment before shipping, that is the norm. He asked for them urgently so I sent them without waiting as a courtesy, so save his precious time. it was inconceivable that I would not get paid for them considering their reputation. When he received the turbos he expressed doubt on whether the turbine wheel was actually upgraded. I sent them to the PowerHaus specifically for turbine wheel upgrade, I paid $7,000 for it and waited over a month for it to he completed. They were subcontracted to Tial for the upgrade and were sent to my mechanic directly from Tial. So I told Boris to compare with a factory Turbo if he still has any doubt. And if my Turbo was not as advertised I would not take payment for them.

I am not a company but as an individual my name is very important. I cannot allow anyone to feel that I have ripped them off. That can never ever happen. Anyone who puts their trust in me that trust will be fulfilled. God is witness over everything and to Him we will all return and be held to account. If there is any deficiency in something I sell, I will lose money but not my name.

I find it hard to believe that they failed. At the same time I am hesitant to say somebody is lying. If I make such an accusation and I am wrong, that would be Unforgivable. If someone falsely accuses me I would be very upset. Could they have failed, possibly. I was not there to verify. I am hesitant to say somebody is lying unless I have proof which I do not. Is there suspicion in my heart, yes there is but I do not know for sure. The right thing to do would have been to let me know that there was a problem. If everything happened the way he said then this is the lesson to be learned.
e65 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 11:24 PM
  #29  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by e65 View Post
I was to wait for payment before shipping, that is the norm. He asked for them urgently so I sent them without waiting as a courtesy, so save his precious time. it was inconceivable that I would not get paid for them considering their reputation. When he received the turbos he expressed doubt on whether the turbine wheel was actually upgraded. I sent them to the PowerHaus specifically for turbine wheel upgrade, I paid $7,000 for it and waited over a month for it to he completed. They were subcontracted to Tial for the upgrade and were sent to my mechanic directly from Tial. So I told Boris to compare with a factory Turbo if he still has any doubt. And if my Turbo was not as advertised I would not take payment for them.

I am not a company but as an individual my name is very important. I cannot allow anyone to feel that I have ripped them off. That can never ever happen. Anyone who puts their trust in me that trust will be fulfilled. God is witness over everything and to Him we will all return and be held to account. If there is any deficiency in something I sell, I will lose money but not my name.

I find it hard to believe that they failed. At the same time I am hesitant to say somebody is lying. If I make such an accusation and I am wrong, that would be Unforgivable. If someone falsely accuses me I would be very upset. Could they have failed, possibly. I was not there to verify. I am hesitant to say somebody is lying unless I have proof which I do not. Is there suspicion in my heart, yes there is but I do not know for sure. The right thing to do would have been to let me know that there was a problem. If everything happened the way he said then this is the lesson to be learned.

E65 just contact me directly so we can resolve this issue like adults, and not like like kids. I have no time for bull****, I run a very busy reputibale shop as you know and my interest is not to screw some one over for $ 3500. I keep telling you this over and over again.
b0kix is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:59 AM
  #30  
e65
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 266
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
2014 E63 S model
I wasn't talking to you I was responding to the others. When I did reach out to you made me wait. Finally you were supposed to get back to me on "wed" you never did. So I'm done with you. I'm not going to call you. Everything I said was the truth though you dislike it. Your best option is to leave me alone.

Last edited by e65; 01-13-2019 at 04:49 AM.
e65 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:40 PM
  #31  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
kponti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,873
Thanked 89 Times in 80 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by e65 View Post
I wasn't talking to you I was responding to the others. When I did reach out to you made me wait. Finally you were supposed to get back to me on "wed" you never did. So I'm done with you. I'm not going to call you. Everything I said was the truth though you dislike it. Your best option is to leave me alone.
And this should explain to everyone what really happened. This has been going on for over a year now and this is the response from the "reputable company"?? I gotta agree, e65 was ripped off by a sponsor on this board period. They never meant to pay him or forgot and now do not want to pay him.

For as long as this has been going on, as a company that sells parts, the only solution will be to pay him back without him having to call you (are you actually serious about this? Do you not have a phone or computer to reach out when YOU withheld payment without an explanation for over a year?)
Give him his money and call it a painful lesson learned!
kponti is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 PM
  #32  
Junior Member
 
1MavRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: ATL
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by kponti View Post
And this should explain to everyone what really happened. This has been going on for over a year now and this is the response from the "reputable company"?? I gotta agree, e65 was ripped off by a sponsor on this board period. They never meant to pay him or forgot and now do not want to pay him.

For as long as this has been going on, as a company that sells parts, the only solution will be to pay him back without him having to call you (are you actually serious about this? Do you not have a phone or computer to reach out when YOU withheld payment without an explanation for over a year?)
Give him his money and call it a painful lesson learned!
definitely a bad look for SoloMotorsports. oh well. you'd thinka company would know better...
1MavRick is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 01:17 PM
  #33  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1MavRick View Post
definitely a bad look for SoloMotorsports. oh well. you'd thinka company would know better...
This has nothing to do with Solo Motorsports. He was dealing with me personal not Solo Motorsports lol.

I lost hours in labor and $$$. Had to pull the motor twice and then let the car sit on the lift I guess all that doesn't matter.

BAD TURBOS.

Still willing to work with him and get it resoveld, but it seems like E65 doesnt care just like he didn't care for 2 years to contact me once for his "payment" on the bad turbos. Maybe this whole time he was not sure about the conditions of his turbos that he was selling. I am done with this thread.
b0kix is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 02:03 PM
  #34  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my garage
Posts: 5,708
Thanked 159 Times in 148 Posts
E55, SL600, GL450, GL63
Originally Posted by b0kix View Post
I have no time for bull****, I run a very busy reputibale shop as you know and my interest is not to screw some one over for $ 3500. I keep telling you this over and over again.
If this has nothing to do with Solo Motorsports, what is the reputable shop you are referring?
BlownV8 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 02:07 PM
  #35  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
kponti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,873
Thanked 89 Times in 80 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by b0kix View Post
This has nothing to do with Solo Motorsports. He was dealing with me personal not Solo Motorsports lol.

I lost hours in labor and $$$. Had to pull the motor twice and then let the car sit on the lift I guess all that doesn't matter.

BAD TURBOS.

Still willing to work with him and get it resoveld, but it seems like E65 doesnt care just like he didn't care for 2 years to contact me once for his "payment" on the bad turbos. Maybe this whole time he was not sure about the conditions of his turbos that he was selling. I am done with this thread.
Actually he has also spent time and money taking turbos out and replacing several times himself. Obviously that is why he decided to let the turbos go for half what he paid to have them rebuilt.
Something tells me the hassle of collecting 3500 from you (when you should know better than withholding funds without a word to the seller) is not worth his time over parts he has paid for again anyway and will collect dust in his garage for years to come.

Yes he dealt with Solo Motorsports not just you. I would trust sending the product to a COMPANY without immediate payment well before ever considering sending to an individual under the same circumstance.
kponti is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 02:26 PM
  #36  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BlownV8 View Post
If this has nothing to do with Solo Motorsports, what is the reputable shop you are referring?
I run SoloMotorsports. But this has nothing to do with the shop. Is between us.
b0kix is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 02:31 PM
  #37  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kponti View Post
Actually he has also spent time and money taking turbos out and replacing several times himself. Obviously that is why he decided to let the turbos go for half what he paid to have them rebuilt.
Something tells me the hassle of collecting 3500 from you (when you should know better than withholding funds without a word to the seller) is not worth his time over parts he has paid for again anyway and will collect dust in his garage for years to come.

Yes he dealt with Solo Motorsports not just you. I would trust sending the product to a COMPANY without immediate payment well before ever considering sending to an individual under the same circumstance.
So you would send some one turbos and not getting paid for it for two years and go silent with out calling that person or that company and asking them hey where is my money? lol
Does it this make any sense??? No one would do that, only if you knew the turbos are bad that you shipped out lol

I am done with thread. E65 you can contact me directly and we can get to a agreement.

b0kix is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 02:36 PM
  #38  
e65
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 266
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
2014 E63 S model
When I sent my car to GAD motors in Germany, they told me their turbos would make more power than the Powerhaus units and that their intake would also flow more air than the AMS intake allowing excess of 1000hp.

my AMS intake was brand new, I sold it for a less than half of what I paid. These turbos were newly built - they did not need a rebuild. I agred to sell them for a fraction of what I paid for the rebuild because I only got 1 offer for them. They never smoked in my car. Gzim335 on ********* ran 10.3 at 133 with 2012 e63 with identical turbos, ie OEM rebuilt with weistec compressor wheel and Powerhaus/Tial turbine wheel. They never smoked in his car.

My car ran best of 10.38 at 141.5mph with GAD VIP package. I have no regrets replacing my Turbos and intake with GAD parts.

If there was anything wrong with the turbos I shipped then we should see the proof. Blown v8 has offered to inspect them.


on a side note see the date of the first post is that two years ago?
e65 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 05:18 PM
  #39  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my garage
Posts: 5,708
Thanked 159 Times in 148 Posts
E55, SL600, GL450, GL63
This is what really does not make sense, if this is a performance shop, why would they not be tested since this was a used part. Just never heard of a performance shop not taking the time to test used turbos especially given the time it takes to install on the 63. Even if they are bad, the cores are still worth $3.5k, right? Were they sold with any type of express or implied warranty of merchantability? Did the seller state they worked amazing and nothing is wrong? If not, the seller is still owed $3.5k. If they did not work, why is it taking so long to circle back around and say they were bad? Too busy? The first thing I would do is to call the seller and tell them the turbos are bad after having them installed. I'd be pissed!

e65 seems like a well healed MBWorld member. If he has the coin to pay for GAD upgrades, $3.5k is the equivalent to a mosquito bite on an elephants rear end to him but, with that said, I'm sure he did not get to where he is by being foolish with money. Maybe this comes to a positive conclusion but I have read bad story after bad on this forum with no good outcome in the end. Just hope E65 gets some satisfaction in this case.
BlownV8 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 09:30 PM
  #40  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 155
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2012 CLS 63
E65 hope you learn from this and no longer let people get over on you. As you mentioned it’s happened on other occasions.

and it’s no surprise the “reputable shop owner” does not want to properly resolve this, and immediately wants to distance this situation from his shop because he knows he’s in the wrong. But regardless he’s the owner so it’s bad on the shop name either way. If he truly felt he’d done nothing wrong he wouldn’t be trying to protect his shop name by saying this has nothing to do with it
amgboy916 is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 06:34 AM
  #41  
Senior Member
 
WANTED!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 422
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
14 E63, 05 E55, 03 Evo 8, 08 F250, 06 R6R, 92 Talon TSI, and instability







I think that's a good recap of this thread so far.

WANTED!! is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 01:43 PM
  #42  
Super Member
iTrader: (1)
 
S63AMG888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Socal and Norcal
Posts: 555
Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts
S63AMG, SL63, E63
Was going to buy Solo’s electronic exhaust valve control, but lost interest after this thread.
S63AMG888 is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:08 PM
  #43  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RaceHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,114
Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by BlownV8 View Post
This is what really does not make sense, if this is a performance shop, why would they not be tested since this was a used part. Just never heard of a performance shop not taking the time to test used turbos especially given the time it takes to install on the 63. Even if they are bad, the cores are still worth $3.5k, right? Were they sold with any type of express or implied warranty of merchantability? Did the seller state they worked amazing and nothing is wrong? If not, the seller is still owed $3.5k. If they did not work, why is it taking so long to circle back around and say they were bad? Too busy? The first thing I would do is to call the seller and tell them the turbos are bad after having them installed. I'd be pissed!

e65 seems like a well healed MBWorld member. If he has the coin to pay for GAD upgrades, $3.5k is the equivalent to a mosquito bite on an elephants rear end to him but, with that said, I'm sure he did not get to where he is by being foolish with money. Maybe this comes to a positive conclusion but I have read bad story after bad on this forum with no good outcome in the end. Just hope E65 gets some satisfaction in this case.
Exactly what you said. I'm glad some of the details were shared. Too busy is a poor excuse. If they were blown that should have been said right away, who knows what happened in 3 months?

Originally Posted by S63AMG888 View Post
Was going to buy Solo’s electronic exhaust valve control, but lost interest after this thread.
Sadly the lack of response leading to this friendly thread will cost more than paying for the turbos in the begining. I'm sure your not alone.
RaceHorse is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 12:51 AM
  #44  
e65
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 266
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
2014 E63 S model
His response is that my turbos were bad and cost him labor, downtime, wasted efforts, emotional etc. If evidence for this is presented I will give him a pass and would encourage others to do the same.
e65 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:05 AM
  #45  
Super Member
iTrader: (1)
 
S63AMG888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Socal and Norcal
Posts: 555
Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts
S63AMG, SL63, E63
I lost interest in the first few responds regardless.

Last edited by S63AMG888; 01-15-2019 at 12:02 PM.
S63AMG888 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 03:03 PM
  #46  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 155
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2012 CLS 63
Originally Posted by e65 View Post
His response is that my turbos were bad and cost him labor, downtime, wasted efforts, emotional etc. If evidence for this is presented I will give him a pass and would encourage others to do the same.
please stop defending the guy who ripped you off.

anybody with half a brain, let alone a "reputable shop" would have been pissed, contacted you immediately and also sent back the "broken" turbos. he is a shop owner not an idiot. he did not throw those turbos in the trash.. even broken the cores are worth decent money. he definitely still has them or sold them in working conditon and lied about throwing them out or them not working

you have a good heart and want to see the good in everyone, even anonymous online people you never met but thats not always a good thing my friend
amgboy916 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 04:13 PM
  #47  
e65
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 266
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
2014 E63 S model
It may appear that I'm defending him. I'm asking him to defend himself. Only in that case I would be willing to overlook the communication lapse to hopefully add a positive touch to this negative thread. I hope that makes sense.
e65 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:13 AM
  #48  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my garage
Posts: 5,708
Thanked 159 Times in 148 Posts
E55, SL600, GL450, GL63
Bump for a resolution.
BlownV8 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 11:30 AM
  #49  
Super Member
 
dbasons55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 909
Thanked 41 Times in 22 Posts
WOW

If you install them it’s a done deal they are yours!
Turbos are smoking or what ever SoloMotorsports maybe you went too lean on the software and damaged the turbos. Mistakes happen.

E65 bro hope you resolve this but taking a step back for damaged turbos isn’t the correct way, he should pay you it’s only fair!
dbasons55 is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:13 AM
  #50  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BlownV8 View Post
Bump for a resolution.
What's your problem man?



As you can see I sent him msg 3 days ago there is no replay from him. He does not care about this. Who sents turbos with no payment??? No one will do that. Send bad turbos with no payment very possible and then 1 year later come here call me out on the froum.....with not even one time calling me, email me, or even send me ****ing PM about his money, like a adult. Sick of this childish games. I mean come on not even call ? 1 email ? Something is not right in this picture sorry he is the real victim here lol.Because I pulled the motor out twice and lost a lift for 2 weeks no big deal right? I had no right to be mad at him and this situation, of course I did not hit him up about it, I did not pay for it. I was waiting for him to tell him what's going on after he calls me for the payment but guess what he never did...hmmmm..

So even after all this ****. I still reach to him to "resolve" this issue but no replay. I am done with this. No more replays from me on this thread. E65 you know where to find me and to contact me.
b0kix is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: