Sponsored by:

Powerhaus / Tial turbos for sale, out of 2014 E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 11:03 AM
e65

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
2014 E63 S model
As mentioned already evidence should be presented that the turbos were faulty. That alone could resolve the matter. Most people can recognize a break when they see one.

Last edited by e65; 01-17-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
This is a joke and would never happen face to face, only here on the web. Try doing that with a customer off the street and you'd end up with a few teeth knocked out and/or no vendors willing to do business with you or your company. If Solo looks to this forum for German car business, I'd think he would state the problems immediately to prevent others from buy poorly built turbos and show his honesty with proof and damage. I thought the forums were to help each others a bit of a give and take.

Pretending to write the rules on how to treat an individual is laughable, and will cost much more than the turbos ever would have. If you went to a parts vendor at best they would replace them with another set of turbos, but would Require the cores in return. There is no vendor new or old that will include or warranty the labor. They could care less about your lift being tied up and the time you spent. You are trying to justify not paying instead of settling this which could have happened before it ever reached all of us.

Blown or not, that was the chance you took at core prices. The more you try to distance yourself, the more you will get responses like mine and others siding with e65.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,003 Likes on 810 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by b0kix
What's your problem man?
No problem here. I've been the nice one on the thread so it's strange that you would be upset over a bump. Wouldn't you want to resolve this so as not to permanently stain a business reputation. Doesn't appear e65 is satisfied with the prescribed course of action so looking forward to his update.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:48 AM
e65

2014 E63 S model
Boris messaged me. Based on the content of his message which he posted a screenshot of, I think he will settle on a price if I get back to him. I have not replied to him his PM

When we were in contact, I shipped the turbos and I was waiting for a check in the meail. My turbos went his direction nothing came my direction. But he acknowledged receipt of the turbos after ~10 days. He indicated he would pay and the same day he raised doubt as to whether the Hot Wheel was really upgraded or not. I told him he could verify by comparing with stock Turbo. If the Hot Wheel was not upgraded he could return the turbos to me and I did tell him he could hold on to his funds while he verified. No sense him paying me if he might return the turbos. I was confident my turbos were as I described and would not take payment if they werent. I dont trick people.

A month went by I didn't hear anything. So I asked again and he said he would compare and after that again I didn't hear anything. And I did not pursue him after that. I waited. And then I gave up. Others in my situation probably would have pursued more aggressively. I was not angry, I was very disappointed. Then I saw him posting on the forums so I posted on his thread asking what happened to my turbos and he didnot reply. So I was annoyed and I updated this thread to let everyone know that I did not get paid. Not to pressure him to pay me, but to inform everyone maybe somebody can learn from my experience.

After reading that my turbos both failed on installation, I felt bad. But his demeanor was aggressive he could have handled this way better. It can be argued that I am the one causing the delay by not responding to his message. If what he said was the truth I want him to show proof. That is the most important thing right now. Then I will have the information I need to resolve this in a fair and just manner.

Last edited by e65; 01-19-2019 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,003 Likes on 810 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by e65
Boris messaged me. Based on the content of his message which he posted a screenshot of, I think he will settle on a price if I get back to him. I have not replied to him his PM
At this point, something is better than nothing. You should try to work things out and respond to him.

Again, never, ever, ever send something without payment first. Trust is something that is earned and not given.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 187 Posts
MY17 S63AMG - MBUSA Buyback. MY16 SL63 - Sold MY19 W213 E63s. 2020 W213 E63s Wagon
Hell at this point it’s all about the principal. If Solo can’t post a few photos of the turbos being bad and you can confirm it was the turbos you’ve sent him, they should pay for the full price you confirmed before sending them.

Lets see them turbos Solo.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by S63AMG888
Hell at this point it’s all about the principal. If Solo can’t post a few photos of the turbos being bad and you can confirm it was the turbos you’ve sent him, they should pay for the full price you confirmed before sending them.

Lets see them turbos Solo.
Honestly because of the way he handled it (or not handled it), the only real solutions will be a payment in full. Boris agreed to buy something for ~$3500, pay up! Then and only then will Boris showing proof of a bad turbo be worth listening to.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:07 AM
e65

2014 E63 S model
I started this thread in order to sell my turbos leftover from my GAD build. After announcing they were sold, I clarified afterwards that I had received no money.

No payment was sent and the onus was put on me to ask why. This is not the approach of an upright character. Furthermore, Solo's response on this thread, confrontational and disdainful. Walking away from this thread without showing evidence that the turbos were bad. This is not what I would expect from from someone sincere.

Our agreed price was $3500. He has my address. He can mail a check to me for whatever he thinks they're worth. But he wants me to reach out to him and discuss... I ask him to pay as much he can? Based on allegations I cannot verify? I don't do things this way, maybe to my own detriment.

My duty was to inform and I have done that. And now I have a pretty good picture of what happened.

Last edited by e65; 01-26-2019 at 04:12 AM.