Sponsored by:

Best tuners these days?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by 10speed
Do you have a Eurocharged tune ? I did notice they do have the most reasonable tune , do you have any dyno #s
I would be careful buying a tune for this car based on dyno #s (not saying you are, however). Since we have torque mgmt to worry about, doing a fifth gear pull doesn't show the whole story; it only shows the story, well, in 5th, which is not as affected by torque mgmt, and possibly not affected (someone more knowledgeable knows the answer to this). If you want a highway warrior, find a tune that provides a high trap speed. If you want a stop light warrior, find a tune with a low 60ft. If you want both, find one with both. I've seen m157s dynoing over 650whp and still stuck in the 11's....they just don't do enough on the first 1/8 mile to break into the 10s, due to lower torque values in lower gears.

Last edited by Ralcbah; 10-19-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:08 PM

2018 E63S
I was checking Kevin’s instagram he did do a white E63s that ran a 10.68 on stock turbos , that same car was getting a pure turbo install not sure what it did after that ,

I know what you mean about the torque management, yeah when launched these cars slug out of the hole rather than instantly engage , like ex.GTRS or even Audi’s slam out of the hole it would be great to get around that definitely knock some time off
Yeah, that car had a beefed up version of the tune I have. I ran 10.9 at 129.5 in hot Florida summer weather. It probably has some more in it.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:29 PM

Received 461 Likes on 204 Posts
2007 e350 sport. 2010 350 4matic sport. Worlds first W212 E63R self built.
Originally Posted by Ralcbah
Yeah, that car had a beefed up version of the tune I have. I ran 10.9 at 129.5 in hot Florida summer weather. It probably has some more in it.
Eurocharged does ask you what mods you have. Meaning they can play with the tune. Maybe if they dyno tune a stock car to come out of the whole harder, or give us more tq down low I’m sure it can be done. Not for nothing most mb members that own an m157 want more power but are afraid of the aftermath, or want more power with no cons. A good dynotune is considered aggressive. Your basically extracting the most your car can do on said octane without giong to race gas. Honestly I’m ok with that �� bring me to my upper most limit without pinging. I’ll make sure to add some high octane to every full tank �������� .. but you are 100% correct when you say don’t judge by numbers . Because it all depends what your looking for
Old 10-19-2017, 09:36 PM

2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Cifdig
Eurocharged does ask you what mods you have. Meaning they can play with the tune. Maybe if they dyno tune a stock car to come out of the whole harder, or give us more tq down low I’m sure it can be done. Not for nothing most mb members that own an m157 want more power but are afraid of the aftermath, or want more power with no cons. A good dynotune is considered aggressive. Your basically extracting the most your car can do on said octane without giong to race gas. Honestly I’m ok with that �� bring me to my upper most limit without pinging. I’ll make sure to add some high octane to every full tank �������� .. but you are 100% correct when you say don’t judge by numbers . Because it all depends what your looking for
Yup. Totally agree with you. And I'm not knocking eurocharged at all. Their tunes are right on for this car. But as mentioned, if you're looking for more torque delivery in lower gears, Kevin worked for me. Maybe it's a liability thing, I don't know. The custom EC tune I have is equally as strong up top though, providing 129mph traps, which is quite good for our car, and this was pre-meth, but using Race gas. As you mentioned, it all depends on what you're looking for...seek and you shall find.😀

Last edited by Ralcbah; 10-19-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
I was checking Kevin’s instagram he did do a white E63s that ran a 10.68 on stock turbos , that same car was getting a pure turbo install not sure what it did after that ,

I know what you mean about the torque management, yeah when launched these cars slug out of the hole rather than instantly engage , like ex.GTRS or even Audi’s slam out of the hole it would be great to get around that definitely knock some time off
That white E63 got a full turbo upgrade and just like every other full turbo upgrade around here, it didn’t perform much better...at least not in the standing 1/4mile. I think it struggled to get one 10.3 run. Then the owner roll raced it at a couple of events and it was fast but he got rid of it within a month or so. Look at everyone that was talking about turbo upgrades here. They all sold their cars right after or we haven’t heard a word since.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What was your 60ft? I’ve talked with a Kevin a few times and was going to have him tune my car but made the realization that nobody can really tune these cars to get them to open up the tq for a real launch. I’m just going to live with 11.1 and only race 10 second cars from a roll until I can find the right Audi...
Old 10-19-2017, 10:00 PM

2018 E63S
Originally Posted by chiromikey
What was your 60ft? I’ve talked with a Kevin a few times and was going to have him tune my car but made the realization that nobody can really tune these cars to get them to open up the tq for a real launch. I’m just going to live with 11.1 and only race 10 second cars from a roll until I can find the right Audi...
I hear you man. 1.67seconds to 1.701seconds for 10 second runs. May get some more passes in next few weeks. Was just learning how to launch it with new tune, but haven't been in a while.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:13 PM

That white E63 got a full turbo upgrade and just like every other full turbo upgrade around here, it didn’t perform much better...at least not in the standing 1/4mile. I think it struggled to get one 10.3 run. Then the owner roll raced it at a couple of events and it was fast but he got rid of it within a month or so. Look at everyone that was talking about turbo upgrades here. They all sold their cars right after or we haven’t heard a word since.
thats insane. People selling their cars because a turbo upgrade didn’t yield them the numbers they wanted. I bought this car because it’s a beautiful beast. Ofcourse I want to rip tires but I knew it’s pros and cons. I build cars so I know enough not to get bigger turbos until this tq management is figured out all the way. And even then we won’t need bigger turbos. I’m 100% happy with a low 11 high 10 sec car. So what happens when you get low 10’s. Do you sell it because you can’t get into 9’s.. I’m sticking with this car Because I’m loyal not just a numbers fan. I think some of those guys just jumped into these cars without really having love for them, they jumped into it thinking it has power and imagine if I put big turbos etc
Old 10-19-2017, 10:18 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
E63s
I agree, the guy that gave me Kevin Baldi’s # was being very honest with me , he also was soup to nuts with his mods turbos,meth,downpipes ,full exhaust full Renntech body kit trans work , lowered, toyo r888s etc but he told me if he had a choice to do it again he said just do downpipes,tune and done .
Old 10-19-2017, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cifdig
thats insane. People selling their cars because a turbo upgrade didn’t yield them the numbers they wanted. I bought this car because it’s a beautiful beast. Ofcourse I want to rip tires but I knew it’s pros and cons. I build cars so I know enough not to get bigger turbos until this tq management is figured out all the way. And even then we won’t need bigger turbos. I’m 100% happy with a low 11 high 10 sec car. So what happens when you get low 10’s. Do you sell it because you can’t get into 9’s.. I’m sticking with this car Because I’m loyal not just a numbers fan. I think some of those guys just jumped into these cars without really having love for them, they jumped into it thinking it has power and imagine if I put big turbos etc
This is my third AMG and to be honest I feel like I got suckered with this one. When it first came out, tuners were all promising easy 10s with just a tune. We heard about early cars running mid 10s with no problem. Now where are they? I know I’m at a big disadvantage because of where I live (high desert) and I’m content running a half second slower than the coastal tracks but even those guys are lucky to run 10.9s after all the dust has settled. I think the guys selling are just disgusted because no matter how much hardware they throw at this thing, the software refuses to accommodate.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hear you man. 1.67seconds to 1.701seconds for 10 second runs. May get some more passes in next few weeks. Was just learning how to launch it with new tune, but haven't been in a while.
Are you brake boosting? I can brake boost to get the tires to spin for a burnout but if I try to brake boost right after that at the line it goes into limp mode. It’s like it won’t let me brake boost twice in a row. If I just roll up to the line without the burnout and brake boost enough to not bog, I spin the tires. So I’m stuck with 1.7s using Race Start. :-/
Old 10-20-2017, 08:07 AM

2018 E63S
Are you brake boosting? I can brake boost to get the tires to spin for a burnout but if I try to brake boost right after that at the line it goes into limp mode. It’s like it won’t let me brake boost twice in a row. If I just roll up to the line without the burnout and brake boost enough to not bog, I spin the tires. So I’m stuck with 1.7s using Race Start. :-/
Yup; brakeboosting gives me about 2/10s better ET compared to race start. I think it's around 2800rpm that I launch, with no bog, and just goes. Hmmm....I don't believe I've tried to brakeboost a couple of times in a short time period. Not an elegant solution, but maybe shut the car down after you spin the tires?
Old 10-20-2017, 09:04 AM

E63s
When you say spin the tires I assume your talking about rear wheel drive ????
Old 10-20-2017, 09:12 AM

E63s
Yup; brakeboosting gives me about 2/10s better ET compared to race start. I think it's around 2800rpm that I launch, with no bog, and just goes. Hmmm....I don't believe I've tried to brakeboost a couple of times in a short time period. Not an elegant solution, but maybe shut the car down after you spin the tires?
I’m not sure but while brake boosting anything over 3k rpm the car will just bog , is this correct?? I haven’t tried it yet on the E , but we did try it on my friends S63 but we fully boosted it and it just bogged out , no race start or s+ in that car, he’s not a happy camper on how it launches , that car has torque management out the wazoo!
Old 10-20-2017, 09:18 AM

2018 E63S
I’m not sure but while brake boosting anything over 3k rpm the car will just bog , is this correct?? I haven’t tried it yet on the E , but we did try it on my friends S63 but we fully boosted it and it just bogged out , no race start or s+ in that car, he’s not a happy camper on how it launches , that car has torque management out the wazoo!
Yes, you'll experience something similar in the e. Also keep in mind what happens when you brake boost is tune dependent....again, some tunes will ease into it, others will pin you back and give you that nice 1.6second 60 ft, which is the best you'll see with this car.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:13 AM

Yes, you'll experience something similar in the e. Also keep in mind what happens when you brake boost is tune dependent....again, some tunes will ease into it, others will pin you back and give you that nice 1.6second 60 ft, which is the best you'll see with this car.
anyone sell a light weight harmonic crank pulley that isn’t undersized. Just light weight. Couple pounds off the drive train would definitely help our 60ft times as well as light weight tires , rotors, rims. I found that some tires with the same exact size, with a 6 lb weight difference. That’s a lot!!!! Especially at the furthest point from the center of the rotation. That equation is equivalent to loosing 20 lb in the center. Maybe more
Old 10-20-2017, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

When you say spin the tires I assume your talking about rear wheel drive ????
Yes, rwd. I watch the awd cars being able to brake boost much more consistently and I believe it’s because they aren’t doing a burnout to heat up the tires right before their launch.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you ever get a chance, try to do it back to back for me. When I do my burnout, I get the rpms up to about 2800 then boost starts building then the tires give up traction. But as I get up to thie line seconds later, as soon as I get to about 2k...limp mode! After watching Kevin’s tune alow constantl brake boosting I was going to try it but I now think it has more to do with technique rather than tune.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:11 PM

2018 E63S
If you ever get a chance, try to do it back to back for me. When I do my burnout, I get the rpms up to about 2800 then boost starts building then the tires give up traction. But as I get up to thie line seconds later, as soon as I get to about 2k...limp mode! After watching Kevin’s tune alow constantl brake boosting I was going to try it but I now think it has more to do with technique rather than tune.
Cool cool. Yeah I'll grab the car this weekend and let you know. No prob.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:35 AM

2018 E63S
@chiromikey, tried to brake boost twice in a row. Doesn't work....on the second attempt, car freaks out and rpms drop all the way
Old 10-21-2017, 09:53 AM

@chiromikey, tried to brake boost twice in a row. Doesn't work....on the second attempt, car freaks out and rpms drop all the way
i tried last night as well. Same out come. But I tried brake boosting from 1st gear on sport +. I went up to 2100 then side stepped. Took off hard!! I had to upshift once then the t u took over for me and went back to auto
Old 10-21-2017, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I knew it...grrr!!!! Thanks for the confirmation. I guess I’ll try to figure out a way around it, like putting it in park or shutting the car off. This car is such a pain! Whoever designed the Race Start procedure has no clue about racing and now this is just one more thing for the starter at the track to yell at me about as he’s trying to get as many people down the 1/4mile as possible on a busy night.

Let me know if anyone figures out a way around this...
Old 10-21-2017, 03:04 PM

E63s
So you guys are saying if you do a burnout at the track then stage at the light when you brake torque to launch it will bog because it’s the second attempt ???
Old 10-21-2017, 03:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e63 2012 pp
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
Eurocharged for sure... They are the ONLY tuner who actually has a warranty for their tunes. Plus they make massive power and the customer service is great. 2nd to none...

Thanks

Dave
i just blow my motor of my 2012 e63 with eurocharge tune and turbo i tell to eurocharged jerry (tuner) and he dont care about me so i REALLY dont think he really give any warranty ... i blow my 2 turbo from eurocharged one after 10km the other after 1000 and he dont care about that too i have to paid the rebuilt myself and he dont offer to paid 1 dollard on it ... and it take 6 month after i ship my oem turbo to receive the turbo ... i spend 25000$ for two turbo wheel and tune and pull out the motor 3 time to rebuild the turbo and wait and wait and to have 650whp on dyno and blow my motor 5000km after
Old 10-21-2017, 03:38 PM

E63s
Originally Posted by Michael Mailhot
i just blow my motor of my 2012 e63 with eurocharge tune and turbo i tell to eurocharged jerry (tuner) and he dont care about me so i REALLY dont think he really give any warranty ... i blow my 2 turbo from eurocharged one after 10km the other after 1000 and he dont care about that too i have to paid the rebuilt myself and he dont offer to paid 1 dollard on it ... and it take 6 month after i ship my oem turbo to receive the turbo ... i spend 25000$ for two turbo wheel and tune and pull out the motor 3 time to rebuild the turbo and wait and wait and to have 650whp on dyno and blow my motor 5000km after
Wow , sorry for that , that sucks , what are you going to do ?
Do you have an engine builder?
After hearing stuff like this makes me want to go to a tuner so they can see exactly how the car is running full throttle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.