Sponsored by:

Seat Heater Burn

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 04:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Seat Heater Burn

2014 E63s wagon...

I am driving back from Las Vegas on Saturday and I glance over to the passenger seat and see this hole burned right through the leather! I'm a non-smoker, nobody has ever smoked in my car, and the car hasn't been out of my possession at all for weeks...

Anyone ever see anything like this before? Could it be from the seat heaters (last used a week ago Monday).

Thoughts?

Old 02-02-2018, 06:48 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55
Wow thats crazy, never seen that before. My 2012 cls63 seats dont get that hot and they automatically go down a heat setting after a certain amount of time. Though that burn looks external, doesnt look like a straight through hole. Maybe someone was playing around with a magnifying glass around your car lol.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:48 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
E63s
Originally Posted by OMGMOVE
2014 E63s wagon...

I am driving back from Las Vegas on Saturday and I glance over to the passenger seat and see this hole burned right through the leather! I'm a non-smoker, nobody has ever smoked in my car, and the car hasn't been out of my possession at all for weeks...

Anyone ever see anything like this before? Could it be from the seat heaters (last used a week ago Monday).

Thoughts?

To me that really looks like it was done from the outside in,(not from the heated seat)it looks like a soldering gun tip to me ,look at the pic its melted in with char ,and scolding on the colored part of the seat,I guess you will find out when they remove the seat cover to see if the burn is between the elements or not.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:48 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'15 Audi RS7
See this thread:
Heated seats

What's odd is, you stated: "... the car hasn't been out of my possession at all for weeks..." Was it out of your possession prior to those "weeks" where it wasn't? If so, who had it? And who where their passengers?