Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats up with these remote batteries???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2023, 02:57 AM

Received 161 Likes on 135 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
Cali: My car no longer goes to sleep, period. My key is usually within 20' of the car. Should I assume my key never sleeps either?

I ask because I'm curious if my redneck fix is enough to last with all this transmitting, or maybe my key is simply not transmitting? I don't have anything that reads that small of a current draw so I can't check it, I can only guesstimate via battery life.
Old 11-05-2023, 04:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,104 Likes on 2,062 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
sleeplessness 🫤

Originally Posted by Chevota
Cali: My car no longer goes to sleep, period. My key is usually within 20' of the car. Should I assume my key never sleeps either?

I ask because I'm curious if my redneck fix is enough to last with all this transmitting, or maybe my key is simply not transmitting? I don't have anything that reads that small of a current draw so I can't check it, I can only guesstimate via battery life.
yeah, battery life is gona be your clue if keyfob is always pinged periodically in your unusual situation.

I suggest you do a REBOOT to sanitize your sleepless SAM's.

Scan for faulty modules that can upset entering sleep or extend periodical polling loop: "parking drain".
Sleep is really just a managed low power mode...
🤞
Old 11-06-2023, 12:38 AM

Received 161 Likes on 135 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
Cali; I have rebooted it many times, including disconnecting the rear battery just to be double sure. The only thing rebooting has ever done for me is F up my left rear window memory, which is usually not easy to reset.

Since I had that Rat issue, and Xentry had no codes suggesting a problem, I scanned all the modules. When I scanned it last, everything looked ok except some Eng On and Off timers were clearly wrong, and a CAN awake issue? The rear SAM said voltage was 65.
Now I have a new code; P2610. Apparently that means the car cannot tell how long the engine has been Off. I guess what it means to say it's been On so long it can't keep track?

Old 11-06-2023, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,104 Likes on 2,062 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Originally Posted by Chevota
Cali; I have rebooted it many times, including disconnecting the rear battery just to be double sure. The only thing rebooting has ever done for me is F up my left rear window memory, which is usually not easy to reset.

Since I had that Rat issue, and Xentry had no codes suggesting a problem, I scanned all the modules. When I scanned it last, everything looked ok except some Eng On and Off timers were clearly wrong, and a CAN awake issue? The rear SAM said voltage was 65.

Now I have a new code; P2610. Apparently that means the car cannot tell how long the engine has been Off. I guess what it means to say it's been On so long it can't keep track?
You know, these cars are carefully engineered. Xentry has a built-in tool to work on car sleep study. That may help provide you with info about what's keeping yours up.

It could be the normally sleepless power manager aka. F-SAM telling stories to ECU.

The Door Control modules are particularly poor with unsoldered pins and buggy software. They help provide regular troubles on CAN-B to bug down Keyless and R-SAM... battery drain.
In the end low voltage is good for nothing. You can tackle as many issues as you want to clear things out.

Resets and Reboot are temporary troubleshooting steps, not fixes.

You know the old sayin': "Think globally, act locally!"
Same thing with MB Chassis: concider all the faults together as they relate but then fix them one by one.
🤞

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 11-06-2023 at 07:33 PM.