W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

E63 AMG 2014 ECO mode deactivated after one stop/start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2019 | 08:15 AM

2016 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by e63amg2014
Don't understand then why would a dealer in my area charged for the batteries under CPO.
Not sure, I think it's up to the dealer and especially up to them to decide if it's a simple maintenance item or if it's part of fault tracing etc?
I was happy when they returned the car and stated they had replaced the battery under warranty because it failed the battery test.
Old 05-03-2019 | 10:04 PM

E63 Wagon, BMW 530XiT Wagon, Ferrari 348 Challenge, Corvette C6R TransAm SGT, Ferrari 400i, 78 Vette
How do you turn-off / disable the Eco feature besides turning to S or S+?
Old 05-04-2019 | 02:17 AM

2016 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by rustybear3
I'm sorry, but there are just as many tech articles to disprove this as opposed to those that believe it's a problem. By and large, most engineers will tell you that there is no added stress on your car -- it's been engineered to deal with the new technology.

Liking it or not, a simple push of the button disables it. For myself personally, I like it on long, traffic stops.
Sorry to say - but you are wrong on this one. There is absolutely more wear and tear on starter, battery, and engine mounts..
I agree that this is not an issue as long as you use the car as it was designed by the engineers - for about 4 years as a new car buyer in Germany. Problem is that we in the US keep our cars much longer than the Germans do....
Old 05-04-2019 | 02:20 AM

2016 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by Jason Berkeley
You buy an ODB programming dongle on ebay. Search and you will find a few posts about it.
Old 05-04-2019 | 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Originally Posted by Jason Berkeley
You should be able to just push the ECO button when in C mode and then the green light turns off and disables the ECO while driving in C. Although I just prefer switching to S or S+ mode which does the same thing to deactivate ECO.

OR I guess you could just let your rear battery die which is what powers the ECO functioning and that would permanently disable ECO while in C mode but the green light Will still stay on. That what happened to me for months before I realized the trunk battery was dead and dealer replaced under warranty and the ECO went back to normal functioning.
Old 12-02-2021 | 09:40 PM

2014 E63S
Eco button

I’ve replaced both battery’s. Steelership said it was fuel pumps. Replaced still Not working. Fuel rail filters could be a culprit small filters in rails. Not the problem. Crank sensor not the problem. Could be a stretched timing chain but Ended up being a 60 dollar cam magnet. if it were to happen again start at Cam sensors / magnets and stay clear of the dealer on this they will soak ya. Find a good indy mine found it first shot and was in diss belief at how apparent it was

. QUOTE=jvakos;7748294]You should be able to just push the ECO button when in C mode and then the green light turns off and disables the ECO while driving in C. Although I just prefer switching to S or S+ mode which does the same thing to deactivate ECO.

OR I guess you could just let your rear battery die which is what powers the ECO functioning and that would permanently disable ECO while in C mode but the green light Will still stay on. That what happened to me for months before I realized the trunk battery was dead and dealer replaced under warranty and the ECO went back to normal functioning.[/QUOTE]