Sponsored by:

Clear Coat on Red Calipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 08:15 PM

Received 370 Likes on 158 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Vrodman
So my clear coat on the calipers has progressively gotten worse. Now all 4 wheels have a moderate case of it. Also, the exposed areas of the underneath red powder coat have turned orange-ish.

So I dropped off the car yesterday at the dealer for a coolant reservoir leak and service and stated my case regarding the calipers. It's not final yet, but my SA left me a vmail that he thinks he can get them replaced at no cost to me! REALLY crossing my fingers. These guys continue to take great care of me. (remember the new engine 9 months ago?)

So even with all the stuff they are going to do at this visit, he said in his vmail that he noticed my driver's side visor doesn't sit completely flat against the headliner. Says it hangs about a 1/4 inch away. OMG! Can't have that. LOL. SO he is replacing it at no cost. My daughter damaged my cargo tray in the trunk putting her suitcase back there. It's hard to open now. They are replacing that too!

He will be getting a very nice bottle of his favorite spirit no matter the cost if these calipers get replaced!

I will update you when I know for sure the outcome. I think it's just up to the factory rep at this point who is the same guy that approved the new motor.
DAMN! lol thats excellent