W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which tune; Renntech, Eurocharged or RaceIq?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
212 E63s
Which tune; Renntech, Eurocharged or RaceIq?

Bought a 14 E63s almost 2yrs ago and have not really wanted for more power until now. She’s my daily driver and I do drive the **** out of her, I’ve put 47k on her already. I’ve had multiple recommendations for tunes and at retail they’re pretty equivalent. So I’d love some feedback on anyone who has had success or failure with these stage 1 tunes. Renntech, Eurocharged or RaceIq?
Old 04-28-2019, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Not the cheapest...

But Renntech all day every day...reliability, driveability, support. Just my .02....
The following users liked this post:
Lfntms (04-29-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 07:30 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Lfntms
Bought a 14 E63s almost 2yrs ago and have not really wanted for more power until now. She’s my daily driver and I do drive the **** out of her, I’ve put 47k on her already. I’ve had multiple recommendations for tunes and at retail they’re pretty equivalent. So I’d love some feedback on anyone who has had success or failure with these stage 1 tunes. Renntech, Eurocharged or RaceIq?
we have a warranty, multiple locations all around the world and the ability to tune it remotely from your home with a handheld! The handheld also allows you to flash stock when you like!

PM me for our current sale prices, as they are rock bottom right now
Lfntms (04-29-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 08:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55 2008 ML63
Originally Posted by loungn14
we have a warranty, multiple locations all around the world and the ability to tune it remotely from your home with a handheld! The handheld also allows you to flash stock when you like!

Whats your best price right now in Toronto? Pm me.
Thanks
Old 04-29-2019, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
But Renntech all day every day...reliability, driveability, support. Just my .02....
Had the most misfires and limp homes with Renntech
Lfntms (04-29-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
212 E63s
Originally Posted by loungn14

Thanks, couple of questions first. The website shows gains based on the non “S” model, do you have example specs you could share of an “S” model? Next, what does the warranty cover or not cover?
Old 04-29-2019, 02:02 PM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
2014 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by Lfntms
Thanks, couple of questions first. The website shows gains based on the non “S” model, do you have example specs you could share of an “S” model? Next, what does the warranty cover or not cover?
It's the same numbers. S only makes more power on the stock tune.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:04 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
As indicated above around the same numbers

here is the info info on our warranty

http://www.eurocharged.com/company/returns-warranty
Old 05-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I've read issues with all tunes

this is likely multifactorial ... most people don't tune the car brand new so they may get CEL or limp mode as a result of bad plugs or coils or other issues associated with all this extra power working in a used and sometimes under-maintained engine

with all these used e63's I would make sure you check your engine for routine maintenance and consider new colder plugs or narrow gapped oem plugs and coil packs and have an Indy look over all lines like turbo lines and cooling system lines to make sure that BEFORE you tune ... the engine is solid. Therefore when you get your first CEL with your tune you don't come on here blaming the tuner immediately and start the 4 millionth thread on "first CEL with _____ tune, help!".

Also - you pay to play. When you blow your engine or get issues with your tuned engine ... take some accountability and realize that you took on this risk. And realize this is not a risk free thing to do - to tune your engine. Benz does not support timing any engine they produce new or used in any way - not at the corporate level. Dealers do different things because they can be independently owned and operated from benz corporate. Bottom line in Germany - do not tune our Mercedes vehicles and expect warranty coverage.

I have an AMS stage 1 tune and haven't had any issues. I tuned the car at 28,000 miles and now am at 31,000 miles. I have had the car since 8 miles, brand new. I meticulously maintain the car and engine.

$0.02

Last edited by PeterUbers; 06-23-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Agreed wit Peter, your car should be checked over before a tune.
Mine was and at 30k miles with brand new stock plugs when I started getting misfires with Renntech. This was NOT frequent by any means, but I did notice it happens more when the weather was colder and the car pulled like a freight train. Most other times was difficult to tell if I was tuned and there was no misfires either